Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Crashed our Inspire X5R

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I thought it might be helpful to post this. We were flying Oregon dunes filming a model on motorcycle. My pilot had the cycle turn abruptly and in staying away from the rider we ditched it into the dunes. We were clipping along pretty good when it hit some pretty hard sand. When we arrived at the bird the camera was of coarse what took the hit. We busted the new X5R right at the lens arm, snapped the aluminum right in half. We boxed her up shipped her off to DJI and 2 weeks later we got her back for $387. Sent her up a few minutes ago and everything is back and running smooth. The camera kept recording even after the crash, pretty solid. Fortunately it was the very last stop on a 5 day road trip filming, only got 15 minutes of the bikers so we will be heading back down later this summer.

J

Reactions: Jem
"My pilot had the cycle turn abruptly" what does that mean? Sounds like it means you were flying too close to people if you had to ditch the AC so the bike wouldn't hit the AC or the motorcycle was flying.

Reactions: TheDJIFanboy
Hi gang,

I thought it might be helpful to post this. We were flying Oregon dunes filming a model on motorcycle. My pilot had the cycle turn abruptly and in staying away from the rider we ditched it into the dunes. We were clipping along pretty good when it hit some pretty hard sand. When we arrived at the bird the camera was of coarse what took the hit. We busted the new X5R right at the lens arm, snapped the aluminum right in half. We boxed her up shipped her off to DJI and 2 weeks later we got her back for $387. Sent her up a few minutes ago and everything is back and running smooth. The camera kept recording even after the crash, pretty solid. Fortunately it was the very last stop on a 5 day road trip filming, only got 15 minutes of the bikers so we will be heading back down later this summer.

J
Glad it worked out for you :) I crashed my X5R the other day & was sick :( I was shooting tractor pulls .... well it changed over to a truck pull & the sled they used was too light & went too far. When I thought my Inspire was stopped, I looked up & it was backing into a nice fluffy ash tree .... saw twinkles & shredding leaves at about 30' up. They had to get a bucket truck from the city to pull it out of the tree :) Only damage at all was one prop had the tips knocked off :D So happy it came out ok :)

Cheers, Jon

Unfortunate about the bucket truck but happy it was only a prop. best of luck on your future flights.

Cheers,
J

No problem, bucket truck was free :) Glad it didn't mess up my fall color flights ..... Love that bird .... I did a new paint job for fall & winter :)

Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• 082516_4005r.jpg
    082516_4005r.jpg
    961.4 KB · Views: 67

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207