Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Critical Issue (01/25/16) RTH may result in the loss of your aircraft

If the aircraft is truly out of signal range, then the choice of app won't matter - no software will be able to overcome this as it is a question of hardware / physics. As far as a waypoint mission executing with FPV, they use the SDK flight controller which supports LCMC, so it should continue, but you will need to confirm with FPV directly.
i did indeed check with them and they said it's not affected by this.

Correct - it will auto land at that spot though.

This is ONLY in respect of apps running through the SDK, RTH on signal loss works fine running the Go app.

This is not quite true.
If Autoflight logic goes out of range, according to what steve at AFL told me, it will enter the hover mode and wait for further instructions. Once you get closer, you can gain control again either by the afl app or manually in P mode.
FPV camera app is unaffected by AFL issues but it too, will hover or Rth depending on your initial settings, once signal is lost.
To tell you the truth, thus is not a major issue at all as all the sdk apps are programmed to at least hover if signal is lost no matter how far or close you are.

If one is using AP or Say FPV Camera and the bird goes out of range and this issue that Autopilot says occurs, can I simply open the dji app and fly it home with that, provided I close the AP app first?
Or will the dji app not connect at this point?
FPV Camera app is NOT affected by this DJI firmware issue at all as stated in Mission Planner FAQ.

Q2. If RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a waypoint mission, will the mission continue or RTH (Return To Home)?
A2. RC signal lost is a common issue likely due to RF interference, antenna orientation, far distance or signal blocked by obstacle. When RC signal lost or app crashed/quit accidentally during a mission, the mission will continue until reaching the last waypoint. If you set Finish action to RTH in Setup tab, aircraft will RTH and auto-landing. This is usually safer than aircraft RTH upon signal lost. Imagine, when you fly behind an obstacle (such as a tall building) blocking RF signal then the aircraft executing RTH, RTH altitude might not set high enough to avoid hitting the obstacle.

Ok thanks.
So basically your software is safe to fly with as long as you do a regular mission but too far away then and as long as you can get closer to machine if need be due to signal loss, then you should be able to regain control or put it in P mode.
Going flying today with it.
Yes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1