Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Danish Drone ID tags - it could come to your country too.

Reaction score
Website
www.dronefyn.dk
I am a Certified Danish drone operator ( we are around 180 in total)

In Denmark the Danish Transport and Construction agency is the agency that is responsible for rules in danish airspace and therefor also rules for UAS operations.

They have proposals to the government to implement in this spring. Manny of the new rules is excellent but the drone ID tag is not one of them.

It is in fact a semi transponder like in real airplanes. It is small but it contains among other things GPS, battery, altimeter and GMS/3G cellphone to transmit data. The transponder will be placed on the UAS, as shown on this danish video (with English subtitles) shown below.

What do you think of the solution ? As they say in the video is there are more foreign requests about this system.

I don't like this transponder solution. I don't know if it could interfere on my Inspire 1, with a data transmitting cell phone next to the Flight Controller. I don't know the consequence of the transponder reporting one altitude and my inspire 1 shows another. And what if the thing runs out of power during flight - is it then my responsibility.

But I know it will not be cheep (price guess is between 750 - 1300 €)
If we get it in Denmark, and it is a succes from the authorities' side, it will probably come to other countries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters