Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DAT files delete?

Reaction score
Is it actually possible to delete log data files from Inspire's internal brain? I'm pretty sure DJI Go app a few versions back allowed for such (Format data recorder option, directly under Enter flight data mode), but this button's gone.

Hi Dobmatt,

did you find a solution to this ? - Actually, i would like to know what to do in case i sell my copter.. - Searching around in several places, but so far i have not found a solution..

Cheers
J.

Hi !
I have found this out - but i am quite unhappy about it - what if i want to sell my copter ? - Do i need to release all coordinates of all relatives to the new owner ? - I really do not want to do this.
There are many more legitimate reasons why deleting the files would be required.. - I can't believe that DJI is forcing this - i would even return my copter for this reason as it really annoys me if i am not the owner of the data i created.. Anyone got an idea how to delete this ? - I am not talking about deleting them if i crashed somewhere on that flight - it is clear that the logs should be there then..
DJI annoys me a lot on quite a few points - maybe time to turn my back to them and go back to open source stuff ? - Anyone got an idea how to resolve this ?
Cheers
J.

^^ I'd try leaving it switched on for an hour or two, it writes at 600Hz to the logs - shouldn't take long to overwrite the previous. Make sure GPS is non-functional if you're really paranoid!

Hi Dobmatt,

did you find a solution to this ? - Actually, i would like to know what to do in case i sell my copter.. - Searching around in several places, but so far i have not found a solution..

Cheers
J.
No, not really. One of the official DJI forum members actually claimed the knowledge of "how 2", but refused to publish instructions for some reason. One thing is for sure: the 4GB "black box" memory capacity, which means DAT files are recorded in loop. Since they're quite huge only several last flights remains for immediate access. Consideration worthy fact: every powering up creates DAT file (even sim flights, if I'm not mistaken), therefore any crucial data can be erased pretty soon after.

No, not really. One of the official DJI forum members actually claimed the knowledge of "how 2", but refused to publish instructions for some reason. One thing is for sure: the 4GB "black box" memory capacity, which means DAT files are recorded in loop. Since they're quite huge only several last flights remains for immediate access. Consideration worthy fact: every powering up creates DAT file (even sim flights, if I'm not mistaken), therefore any crucial data can be erased pretty soon after.
Man that guy sounds like a pain in the a$$! I'll bet he told you to pm him as if he put that info on the DJI forum the DJI forum police would delete it as they aren't gonna be too comfy with someone explaining how to perform an operation that they obviously don't want you to do. Do you advertise for hit men on the community bulletin board?

Last edited:
Man that guy sounds like a pain in the a$$! I'll bet he told you to pm him as if he put that info on the DJI forum the DJI forum police would delete it as they aren't gonna be too comfy with someone explaining how to perform an operation that they obviously don't want you to do. Do you advertise for hit men on the community bulletin board?
Replying in the same mood:D... As long as the previous owner isn't under Witness Protection Program I see no reason to erase the entire internal memory of the bird ... GPS coordinates of uncle's Giovanni farm will be lost after several new missions anyway ...

Replying in the same mood:D... As long as the previous owner isn't under Witness Protection Program I see no reason to erase the entire internal memory of the bird ... GPS coordinates of uncle's Giovanni farm will be lost after several new missions anyway ...

What if you just don't want the Chinese to have access to where you fly, for how long, and all of the rest of the data?

What if you just don't want the Chinese to have access to where you fly, for how long, and all of the rest of the data?
The Chinese - or anybody for that matter - don't have access to DAT files unless you provide them with one for examination, or send the bird for repair.

The Chinese - or anybody for that matter - don't have access to DAT files unless you provide them with one for examination, or send the bird for repair.

Are you saying that none of the DAT info gets on their servers?

If so, how come all of your flights are on your DJI account when you log in from the iPad that include total flight time, total distance, total flights, along with the flight list of each flight?

Where does that information reside, if not on their servers?

Are you saying that none of the DAT info gets on their servers?

If so, how come all of your flights are on your DJI account when you log in from the iPad that include total flight time, total distance, total flights, along with the flight list of each flight?

Where does that information reside, if not on their servers?
Hmmm, wasn't thinkin' about that ... Are you sure is it accumulated up there and not in your tablet or phone? Pardon my ignorance, I was born when a telephone had a rotary dial ...
On the other hand, in the age of total wireless communication and a swarm of satellites above us, having cars tracked and remotely controlled by manufacturer services, millions of security cameras all around us, it is not too difficult to assume that DJI would like to have some sort of watching eye on us as well. The outcome of this approach of modern civilization seems very frightening for many, including myself. My point is, however, that I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. If THEY - whoever, government, General Motors or DJI - want to watch me, it's fine with me ...

Hmmm, wasn't thinkin' about that ... Are you sure is it accumulated up there and not in your tablet or phone? Pardon my ignorance, I was born when a telephone had a rotary dial ...
On the other hand, in the age of total wireless communication and a swarm of satellites above us, having cars tracked and remotely controlled by manufacturer services, millions of security cameras all around us, it is not too difficult to assume that DJI would like to have some sort of watching eye on us as well. The outcome of this approach of modern civilization seems very frightening for many, including myself. My point is, however, that I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. If THEY - whoever, government, General Motors or DJI - want to watch me, it's fine with me ...

Personally, and if I use my Inspire for personal reasons, I have no problem with them accumulating the data.

However, I think that more and more US government agencies are using their products for a variety of reasons...and, if there is no way to delete this information or prevent it from reaching their servers, it may give them pause.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool