Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DBS Itelite Antenna, Various Antenna Options

I have seen postings from people going 5 kms without this mod (100% stock). Just parabolic reflector.

very true, but 5kms is only 3 miles, big difference from 5 miles which is 8kms
Aaah OK i didnt see anywhere in this thread someone saying they went 5 Miles out. I see someone saying they went 150000 feet which is less than 3 miles.

Aaah OK i didnt see anywhere in this thread someone saying they went 5 Miles out. I see someone saying they went 150000 feet which is less than 3 miles.
oh my bad, i guess you are right. I misread his post it seems. his stated 5 mile figure was round trip apparently, I though it was one way, apologies!

Just put the DBS through its paces today. Not one single drop out or lag in video. Very smooth. I did not go too far out, only 3k feet, but the i1 was blocked at times by trees.

Reactions: SultanGris

Here is my another video, 30800 feet round trip, thats 5.85 miles.
I came back with 42% on the battery.
Will push it to 40K feet next time (7.5miles)

I was able to fly mine 10.7 miles in one direction on a tb48 down to 15-20%, followed it with my vehicle. has a slight cross/tailwind with inspire speeds of 45-65 for the duration of the flight.

I was able to fly mine 10.7 miles in one direction on a tb48 down to 15-20%, followed it with my vehicle. has a slight cross/tailwind with inspire speeds of 45-65 for the duration of the flight.

Cheat! If this thread is about long range reception/control then following in a car is just wrong. Nice distance however.

Cheat! If this thread is about long range reception/control then following in a car is just wrong. Nice distance however.
Haha, yea I only mentioned it to show what distance could be possible in a single battery. Going both directions in zero wind conditions would be slightly less total distance maybe cause I had a little tail wind speed boosting help part of the time but I was also fighting cross wind so it might even out :p

I was thinking today, what if I wire second inspire battery parallel with first one. will that show as double mAh? will that double the flight time? Probably now double flight time because if extra weight, but if that adds another 10 minutes to my flight time, WOW
Any ideas anyone?

Yes ..
this is super secret information. ...
Yes you can rig up two batteries in parallel. .
from what I hear you start up the original then the secondary. .
guys are using two additional batteries with a i1 battery in parallel. .not sure of their size..

I was thinking today, what if I wire second inspire battery parallel with first one. will that show as double mAh? will that double the flight time? Probably now double flight time because if extra weight, but if that adds another 10 minutes to my flight time, WOW
Any ideas anyone?

I have the DBS antenna and it gave me better signal in the woods with many trees,
thinking about adding on two boosters just to see how much it will improve.

My experience with the DBS Antenna is different from the prior posts that reported amazing distances and uninterrupted video and control.
I had DBS do the modification to my Controller when I bought the Antenna.
Now that I got my I1 back in the air, I'm finding that I had as good if not better with the stock Antennas.
I live and fly in a rural area and have had no major problems flying out in all directions 7500 to 8300 feet. At around 3000' feet I might get weak video and or weak control warnings. But if I continue to push forward I will regain Clear to Fly and continue on until I loose all control and the I1 returns to home or I regain control.

Now I'm I wrong in thinking that if I get the DBS Antenna that I should have a solid video and control signal at least say 500 to possibly 10000' past the area that I loose signal with the stock antennas? This I base on all the posts claiming extreme distances with the DBS Antenna. My results have been less than stellar, I now start loosing signal at anywhere from 1700' to 2100' in the same areas same flight path. Now I understand certain interferences can cause loss of signal, but in my case going tit for tat the stock antennas performed a lot better.
Now I have no doubt that the DBS Antenna is a fine product and increases the capabilities of the I1 to achieve the distances achieved by those reported in prior posts. I was so confident that rather than me attempting to do the modifications myself like I did with FPVLR Antennas on my Phantom V2+ which ended in disasters results when I tried to remove the silicon epoxy glue and connector. So this time I wanted the experts at DBS to do the modifications. Now that being said I can't understand why my results are so different from the experiences reported by others. My first thought was that I must be doing something wrong, so I emailed DBS support for any suggestions, but I guess they are so busy they haven't had time in this last week to respond to my request. So if anyone can help or offer any suggestions as to the source of my limited distances it would be greatly appreciated. I really don't look forward to having to buy a new Controller. Thanks for listening and Happy Flying.

Last edited:
Well its three batteries. .

I wonder how much more flight time that little battery will give you
My experience with the DBS Antenna is different from the prior posts that reported amazing distances and uninterrupted video and control.
I had DBS do the modification to my Controller when I bought the Antenna.
Now that I got my I1 back in the air, I'm finding that I had as good if not better with the stock Antennas.
I live and fly in a rural area and have had no major problems flying out in all directions 7500 to 8300 feet. At around 3000' feet I might get weak video and or weak control warnings. But if I continue to push forward I will regain Clear to Fly and continue on until I loose all control and the I1 returns to home or I regain control.

Now I'm I wrong in thinking that if I get the DBS Antenna that I should have a solid video and control signal at least say 500 to possibly 10000' past the area that I loose signal with the stock antennas? This I base on all the posts claiming extreme distances with the DBS Antenna. My results have been less than stellar, I now start loosing signal at anywhere from 1700' to 2100' in the same areas same flight path. Now I understand certain interferences can cause loss of signal, but in my case going tit for tat the stock antennas performed a lot better.
Now I have no doubt that the DBS Antenna is a fine product and increases the capabilities of the I1 to achieve the distances achieved by those reported in prior posts. I was so confident that rather than me attempting to do the modifications myself like I did with FPVLR Antennas on my Phantom V2+ which ended in disasters results when I tried to remove the silicon epoxy glue and connector. So this time I wanted the experts at DBS to do the modifications. Now that being said I can't understand why my results are so different from the experiences reported by others. My first thought was that I must be doing something wrong, so I emailed DBS support for any suggestions, but I guess they are so busy they haven't had time in this last week to respond to my request. So if anyone can help or offer any suggestions as to the source of my limited distances it would be greatly appreciated. I really don't look forward to having to buy a new Controller. Thanks for listening and Happy Flying.

Sometimes things just happen when doing a modification, even with an experienced technician ..
I'm guessing that a mistake was made or a connection came loose..
in any case give dbs another e mail and take it from there...
I had this happen to me from fpvlr and they corrected the problem. ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg