Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dedicated Pilot Camera & Downlink

Reaction score
I'd like to add a dedicated, HD, low light capable fixed in the nose camera and low latency downlink to my two controller Inspire 1 system. The purpose is to provide high quality pilot video to fly by while the second controller is used by a photographer to direct the UHD camera. I'm not all that handy with tools, and would really like to have it 'professionally' installed. I'm hoping this can be done for a cost not much over $500, with very little impact on the aircraft (obviously there would be a little added weight and power usage). Suggestions?

Actually I tried to buy the system through them with the added Pilot cam + link mod. The indicated it would be up to 2 weeks before shipping (they still had my drone). At 7 weeks I was still getting "It'll be by the end of the week.... Monday tops!" for the second or third time in a row, so I cancelled the order and bought the unmodified system from B&H.

i did the mod myself its pretty easy.

to make it easy you just need a 5v camera like a fatshark, and a inmercionrc VTX a small 3s battery will be enough to power the FPV system for like an 1hour 1000/800mah 10/5c 3s lipo

i am working in the OSD system and hope to have it ready in a couple of weeks.

you can make the hole in the nose with a dremel tool, or you can get a second nose in case you want to keep the original they go for like $20/30 on eBay

FYI on the image i used a 32x32mm camera that is too big for the nose thats why is looking down, since i have moved to a fatshark 700TVL camera that fits nicely and i have it pointing slightly up.

Attachments

• IMG_2757.jpg
    IMG_2757.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 50
i did the mod myself its pretty easy.

to make it easy you just need a 5v camera like a fatshark, and a inmercionrc VTX a small 3s battery will be enough to power the FPV system for like an 1hour 1000/800mah 10/5c 3s lipo

i am working in the OSD system and hope to have it ready in a couple of weeks.

you can make the hole in the nose with a dremel tool, or you can get a second nose in case you want to keep the original they go for like $20/30 on eBay

FYI on the image i used a 32x32mm camera that is too big for the nose thats why is looking down, since i have moved to a fatshark 700TVL camera that fits nicely and i have it pointing slightly up.

There is a CANbus port in the nose as well. You may be able to add an iOSD mini in the mix, before the VTx and get OSD.

Thanks! 'Pretty easy'......easy for you to say..... Actually, with the help of some more technician like talent I may be able to do it. I'd be interested to know how it all comes together. Are you planning on the FPV downlink having aircraft data included on it (that's what is meant by OSD, I guess)? Is that something that can be set up in the RC? I'm very new at this stuff....

There is a CANbus port in the nose as well. You may be able to add an iOSD mini in the mix, before the VTx and get OSD.
the iosd mini or the mark II will not work on the inspire, we need to use a mininosd for naza, and i am guessing it will need some mods, my canbus reader is on it way so i can test things out.

the iosd mini or the mark II will not work on the inspire, we need to use a mininosd for naza, and i am guessing it will need some mods, my canbus reader is on it way so i can test things out.
Why wont the iosd mini work if we can get the canbus ?
Thanks G

I'm not sure why you would need to go to this extreme. I fly and operate the cam all on my lonesome and my vids are apparently not bad. So I'm told.

Why wont the iosd mini work if we can get the canbus ?
Thanks G

the iosd mini only work on naza v1 and v2, it does not work on naza lite wkm or A2 (something to do with the can bus messages), that is why dslr pros uses the minimosd modified for the naza.

I'm not sure why you would need to go to this extreme. I fly and operate the cam all on my lonesome and my vids are apparently not bad. So I'm told.
this is not extreme at all, a lot of people flying this platform are used to dual camera operations, one for fpv, and a hd camera to record the footage. its much easier and safe, that way the camera operator can do what ever he needs without affecting the pilot or the need to have line of sight (like going behind an object for a 360 orbit).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg