Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Delay in delivery of inspire1

Right, but TV, Camera hv warranty and when it fails, u'd hv it repaired, If the drones fail, due to unknown reason and it flies away or losing control suddenly, there is not easy way just to refer the case back to DJI. Wait doesn't always mean for tech advancement, but in this case, for problem minimisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure much is user error, talks about flyaways, come down atti mode? then it will just fly away with the wind, so owe a wrong on phantom etc. I've never had any problem with this. Some say that phantom lost power and fell straight down, to complain about the batteries etc. I think they have encountered manual mode, then it falls straight down, some one is not ready with the throttle. So read user manual.

haha... you are lucky, and I'm lucky, too. My P2V has no major problem so far. But, can we group all defects/problems under only 'User Error'. This is the perspective always used by DJI in their response. Wish all good luck.

Sigh... my local dealer just informed me that he received an email from DJI saying it won't ship until Dec 20th. Looks like i'll be bringing my Phantom2 to Maldives with me. Its just the 2d gimbal, my el cheapo Tx/Rx combo died and needs to be replaced/repaired, and have to add iOSD to it. Canceled my Inspire 1 order, since i'm no longer in a rush i'll wait for some of the bugs to be ironed out.

I have been told that my order will be shipped around December 1 of those in online chat, no recently

Sigh... my local dealer just informed me that he received an email from DJI saying it won't ship until Dec 20th. Looks like i'll be bringing my Phantom2 to Maldives with me. Its just the 2d gimbal, my el cheapo Tx/Rx combo died and needs to be replaced/repaired, and have to add iOSD to it. Canceled my Inspire 1 order, since i'm no longer in a rush i'll wait for some of the bugs to be ironed out.

Maybe a good thing. No worry and enjoy ur Phantom trip. :)

Received this morning 11/28/2014 directly from DJI. Note that there is NO committed date to expected shipment - completely open. I personally prefer to wait receipt rather than deal with issues.

Dear DJI Customer,
We want to give you an update on the status of the Inspire 1 shipments.
Because we are committed to giving you only the best systems DJI can produce, we have decided to postpone shipment of our first units, and we want to explain this decision to you.
Earlier this year, we started flying and testing the first Inspire 1 beta units. The technology we built into the Inspire 1 is based on all of our years of research and development, and we have always dreamed of combining these elements into one complete system. So these first flights were deeply important to us.
As these flight tests went increasingly well, we started bringing the Inspire 1 around the world to test it in different environments. At that time, we were 99% certain for a launch date in early December. Unfortunately, as we started ramping up to full production scale, there were unavoidable circumstances that prevented our best work from being completed.
So now it is the right decision to delay shipments. We apologize for bringing you this news, but we are working hard to give you the best products you need.
We will update you on our shipment times soon.
Sincerely,

DJI

Reactions: ctp
I canceled my order as a result of receiving the same email. I'll be damned if they are going to hold $4,000 of my dollars while they sort out their bugs.

Each of the dealers I spoke with wanted to charge me 100% up front. I'm about to pull the trigger on a direct from Amazon order, they won't charge me until it ships.

Here's a DJI response:

Hey guys,
I apologize for the shipment delay.
Actually we do have encountered some problems in production.
The worst one is the lens. The original design is lens + filter glass.
But we found that when the sun is not appeared in the filed of view, the sun light will affect the image quality.
Engineers advised to accept the result because it is just one case and will be ok in 90% of applications.
But the product manager disagreed. He insisted that the camera is the key point of the inspire 1.
We should do something to make things better.
So we decided to add lens hood onto the camera.
And you can find out the camera on website is different with the introduction video.
It is a big change and the date is close to release.
However,there are a lot of work to do.
Redesigned the camera within limited weight and room.
Changed the design of lens.
Made the plastic molding which is 20 days in general and we compressed it down to 15 days.
Test and so on.
The shipment date was estimated to the end of November if everything goes well.
But unfortunately, troubles happend time by time.

We have to inform you the delay info reluctantly.
Please believe that we are doing our best to get it done.
We are more anxious than you.

Reactions: ctp
I canceled my order as a result of receiving the same email. I'll be damned if they are going to hold $4,000 of my dollars while they sort out their bugs.

Seems wise, who knows, delays may stretch for weeks.
A small deposit is a different matter.

Well, I think we can forget getting our hands on the Inspire before Christmas so we're looking at mid January at the earliest I guess. Oh well, no bother. I'd rather have a sorted craft than one that doesn't work right due to rushed shipment.

I found these announcement on a DJI dealers web store:
Due to the delay in delivery on production materials during this peak season for manufacturing industry, we are sorry to inform you all that our ETD for DJI INPSIRE 1 will have to change to mid-December, 2014 from our initial planning 1st week of December, 2014

It seems there are different reason why the inspire is delayed. Is because of the lens or delay in delivery on production materials??

So I decided to wait, till I can see one in person before pulling the trigger on a $3500 US purchase. Luckily I have a great dealer in town, that I can just stop by his shop, I'm in there darn near once a week anyway. So looks like adding a lens hood is the issue, too bad they don't just upgrade the camera specs as well, while they're at it, would love to at least get 1080 120 frame rate, only 60 announced & of course 4K 60 to one up the gopro 4. I'm wondering, if all our discussions of gimbal shake also had them taking another look as well. Seems like a lens hood wouldn't take an additional month of production time, but what do I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime