Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Denver (Front Range) - good flying locations?

Reaction score
I've got a trip to Denver coming up shortly, and considering taking along the bird for some Rocky shots. Anyone have some suggestions for good (ie, allowed) locations within say, 90 minute or so drive from downtown Dallas? Perfect world, some parking spot accesible by rental car where I could get a lake or river & the peaks in a shot. Thanks!

Perhaps some of our Colorado members will chime in, but I don't know that you will find too many places close to Denver per se as I'd guess there will be a high concentration of real and pretend heliports in addition to the Denver airport and all of them will have 5 miles radius exclusion zones.

But, if you have the time you can head west beyond the cities and there should be lots of mountain and meadow areas.

I see you've been a member for quite a while but have not posted much so on the chance you are not familiar I'd recommend you download the B4UFLY app if you don't already have it. Using it you can check areas you want to fly to make sure there's no current no-fly issue with that area.

Brian

Thanks Raptor, yeah, the Inspire is just another tool in our video arsenal, so I'll skim threads for safety & piloting info, but don't take the time to contribute, as others can offer far better info than myself.

I figure I could drive an hour or two into the mountains from downtown Denver for a flying spot, but was hoping for some 411 from locals as to the best areas.

Hey all, not a pilot here just an uncle from Seattle. My nephew (12 or so) is throwing a flag football birthday party on 5/5 or 5/6 at some field near Evergreen and I thought it would be cool to get some aerial shots/video. Any one interested? I’m not rich but I can pay something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz