Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Different Battery Percentages

Reaction score
Both batteries are showing the exact same volts but different percentages. Both have been fully charged, one shows as 100% and the other at 93%. Is this something to be worried about?

Both batteries are showing the exact same volts but different percentages. Both have been fully charged, one shows as 100% and the other at 93%. Is this something to be worried about?
EDDSkitz is correct, the voltage readings are the more important reading. The percentage readings become less accurate with each use, which is why you have to recalibrate the batteries.

Last edited:
Just taken this a second ago, slightly different from when I first posted.

Attachments

• battery drone.jpg
    battery drone.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 32
*supposedly* you're supposed to run them down to "0%" every 10 flights to calibrate.

Wondering if this is what happens if you don't. If you wanna try that and see if they both go back to 100% I guess I will have to recant my opinion on running them down.

I'll try running them down to 0% and see if that makes a difference. If it remains the same and the volts are still fine, would you guys say its safe to continue flying with that set of batteries? Very new to the world of drone pilots

The Editor, one of the mods on this forum once posted that he doesn't use the percentage table at all. He lands when the voltage drops to a point that I've since forgotten. Maybe you could do a search for it, or maybe he'll chime in.

Mine do the same thing there always off looking at the back the right side is always lower

I believe the percentage reading works like this. Let's say when the battery is new it has a fully charged cell voltage of 4.25. The battery recognizes this a 100%. As you use it, the battery ages and the fully charged voltage may now be 4.22. The battery which once recognized the voltage of 4.25 as 100% will now display say, 95%. This will continue on the same path with each use. By discharging the battery to 0% it recalibrates the battery to recognize the lower fully charged voltage as 100%. Hope that this helps.

Al

Last edited:
Reactions: EDDSkitz
These are only a month old used 4 times . I don't go off of dji's shity fuel gauge an I definitely wouldn't run it down to zero .

These are only a month old used 4 times . I don't go off of dji's shity fuel gauge an I definitely wouldn't run it down to zero .
I'm with you, except I've learned that "0%" is not empty, and it's their suggested lowest level of discharge.

Wouldn't be worried about it - if it's too far out then the I2 will let you know about it. There's a built in check to ensure the balance between the batteries isn't too far out of whack. All the cells are showing up with green, there's no orange/red in there (and rightly so!).

As to running them down to 0%, as far as I know DJI have not issued any specific recommendations for the TB50's other than for storage charge. These are not the same batteries as the Inspire 1's and as such we don't yet know if they need the same cycling regime or care as the older I1 design.

Probably best bet is to give them a decent bit of exercise when you fly, and not to do loads of little flights, recharging between each.

Reactions: Alastair
Lol I'm the kind of guy when I'm on E I can make it I just don't like taking anything down that low specially when they get hot

Thanks for all the help guys. Got in to the office this morning, powered up the Inspire and both batteries are reading 97% and 4.22 volts, so its seems to have resolved itself. In future I'll be taking the percentages with a pinch of salt and relying more on the voltages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jj2018