Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disappointing Range

Hey J Nelson, can you give some more details regarding your transmitter? I'd love to get one of those for my inspire. Cheers

Hey J Nelson, can you give some more details regarding your transmitter? I'd love to get one of those for my inspire. Cheers

Just go to maxxuav and order the clean install kit for your remote. You will need to take it apart but there is a video on the site.

Last edited:
Just a heads up - are you operating commercially (in the UK) under a PfCO?
If so you are altering the manufacturers specification from standard equipment and both your equipment and operational limitations would be stated and lodged with the CAA within your ops manual.
You are also altering the EIRP of a 2.4ghz fixed antenna equipment which also means it is operating outside OFCOM rules.
Couple all the above with your Insurance policy and you are on thin ice if you needed to make a claim!
If you are operating for recreation......... then the above does not apply (other than breach of OFCOM regulations)

Just a heads up - are you operating commercially (in the UK) under a PfCO?
If so you are altering the manufacturers specification from standard equipment and both your equipment and operational limitations would be stated and lodged with the CAA within your ops manual.
You are also altering the EIRP of a 2.4ghz fixed antenna equipment which also means it is operating outside OFCOM rules.
Couple all the above with your Insurance policy and you are on thin ice if you needed to make a claim!
If you are operating for recreation......... then the above does not apply (other than breach of OFCOM regulations)

Regardless, improving signal and eliminating dropouts is a good thing no matter what way you look at it.

Regardless, improving signal and eliminating dropouts is a good thing no matter what way you look at it.
If you say so.
Reliability and signal integrity has never been an issue for me - Ever.
But then I always fly with the confines of the Air Navigation Order and my PfCO. Never beyond 500m and VLOS.
Many do not.

If you say so.
Reliability and signal integrity has never been an issue for me - Ever.
But then I always fly with the confines of the Air Navigation Order and my PfCO. Never beyond 500m and VLOS.
Many do not.

If you are within 500m of course its not an issue. Many of us are well beyond 500m so I wouldn't suspect this to be of any interest to you.

If you are within 500m of course its not an issue. Many of us are well beyond 500m so I wouldn't suspect this to be of any interest to you.
It isn't, I was simply pointing out for commercial operators who rely on keeping their certification and Insurance intact, it is not an option.
Hence my post above appertaining to PfCO holders.

Noted in my first video in first post. But as shown in that video, no significant difference in range between 2.4 and 5.8, and really no difference in the antenna tilts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Noted in my first video in first post. But as shown in that video, no significant difference in range between 2.4 and 5.8, and really no difference in the antenna tilts.

The antennas are completely separate, unless it's to minimize interference... the 5.8 antennas are inside now instead of one of the blades...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

ad18b078a998437ec9b0773a8a950b73.jpg

ad18b078a998437ec9b0773a8a950b73.jpg

Confused as to why the manual says to tilt blades different if 5.8 is not connected to blades??
Anyways, after many flights with my I2 I am more and more impressed and happy with it even if the range is not quite as good as my Mavic, it has good enough range 99% of the time

Confused as to why the manual says to tilt blades different if 5.8 is not connected to blades??
Anyways, after many flights with my I2 I am more and more impressed and happy with it even if the range is not quite as good as my Mavic, it has good enough range 99% of the time

Not sure myself, but I personally took that picture installing high gain antennas, and I assure you those two white boxes are the 5.8 antennas, where the I1 had a single antenna combined into the dipole board in one antenna aerial.

I've had zero issue with "signal", because I'm not one of those guys that sends a 6k UAS a few miles away just to see what happens... however, I operate in cities and around radio towers, and they definitely help reduce interference even up close. I can use the directional panels when scanning a live Tower without hiccups in the feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez