Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disconnected App

Reaction score
First thanks to everyone that helps out with problems.I have searched for answers to mine but.....
History : I crashed a while ago, my fault entirely. Repaired by DJI. When I got the bird back updated the battery firmware 1.1.2.06 I think. All good. Had 2 flights all working OK. Went for another practice flight a couple of days ago. App would not connect V1.01.01, but flew anyway 1 battery in Atti without app.
USB debugging enabled
Took bird back inside and fired it up again, app connected.
Went out next day to do a job app would not connect. Aborted job.
Meanwhile my tablet, Samsung S8.4, updated itself to Lollipop.
Next day updated to Go app. Fired up everything - app not connecting .
Changed USB cable no app connection
Removed Sd card and camera/gimbal twice and rebooted after each removal no app connection.
Changed battery and rebooted. no app connection.
This "disconnected" has happened before but sporadically, and judging by other pilots occasional problems with disconnection I kinda thought **it happens, but obviously I can't fly without checking imus etc.
I'm leaning towards remote control's USB dock being stuffed.
Any thoughts gentlemen.
Have found another thread which gives me more ideas on a fix, will let you know how it goes

Last edited:
You might try to update to the latest 1.3 FW. Also update your remotes. DJI GO needs the latest FW, I had a lot of issues with GO while my I1 was still on the previous Beta firmware. The latest Beta 1.04 (which does expect GO on the device, as 1.3 does) works like a charm, after updating the RC's as well.

I hope for you it's just a mismatch of different firmwares in the RC and I1 in combination with GO.

Try disabling video caching (can overwork and overheat some tablets causing them to throttle CPU) but also get on the latest app and FW if you aren't already.

You might try to update to the latest 1.3 FW. Also update your remotes. DJI GO needs the latest FW, I had a lot of issues with GO while my I1 was still on the previous Beta firmware. The latest Beta 1.04 (which does expect GO on the device, as 1.3 does) works like a charm, after updating the RC's as well.

I hope for you it's just a mismatch of different firmwares in the RC and I1 in combination with GO.
I'll try firmware update thanks and will let you know

Apart from trying earlier app 1.0.7 and then uninstalling both, when I reinstalled the Go app from the DJI site, the app told me I could enter camera view to a Phantom 3 standard, but would not let me open camera view on the Inspire. Weird and yes I downloaded the app from the Inspire page.
Any clues on how to fix that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters