Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Disposing of "Bricked Battery"

Reaction score
I purchased a TB47 Battery in March 2015, bringing to 5 the number of batteries I had for my I1. I have used a combination of a Smart Powercharge unit and a light discharge system to carefully follow the rules for looking after LiPo's. I usually rotated through the 5 batteries so I believe it had been used for about 20 flights. Last week when I went to discharge the battery using the light system it "bricked". I tried a number of ways to fix it (put it in the I1 with the latest .bin file, tried multiple ways to charge it, and eventually, accepting that I was unlikely to get any joy from the interstate source of my battery - I popped the top and disconnected the small plug). All to no avail. I believe the battery is about 95% charged and my question is how can I dispose of it safely. I do not think I want to take any more drastic measures to get it un-bricked, as I'm not sure I will trust it again. I think I'd rather buy a new battery rather than risk a mid-flight battery failure. Many thanks in anticipation.

Use it as backup battery for your rc using the adaptor wire, or use it to charge cell phones with an adaptor.

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I said "bricked" I meant "proper bricked" as in Jason Statham's conversation bit from the Guy Ritchie film Snatched. The battery is completely dead. There is no voltage across the terminals, nothing happens when its put on any charging device.

Thanks for the suggestion, but when I said "bricked" I meant "proper bricked" as in Jason Statham's conversation bit from the Guy Ritchie film Snatched. The battery is completely dead. There is no voltage across the terminals, nothing happens when its put on any charging device.
If you really want to dispose of it get yourself a bucket of salt water (make up a strong solution) then drop the battery in there and leave it for two to three days in the garden.
It will render it completely inert and you can dispose of it.

Reactions: InspiredOne
I thought we were the ones that came to buy a caravan....

Reactions: m00se
If you really want to dispose of it get yourself a bucket of salt water (make up a strong solution) then drop the battery in there and leave it for two to three days in the garden.

I thought that in order for this to work you have to first puncture the pack allowing the salt water into the cells?
When I need to dispose of Lipos, I do things that wont be publicly announced. Normally involving a full charge and a sharp metal object
Plus a bucket of water on standby :)

Hold your breath

Just the information I was looking for. Thank you! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop