Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Distance

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by PhantomDude69, Feb 13, 2015.

1. PhantomDude69

What kind of Distance are you guys getting? Please post particulars of location.

2. David VanArsdale

on the edge of the city from a three story rooftop - getting up to 988' alt & just under mile radius before transmission signal starts to fail.

3. PetePerrim

Over 2500 metres, posted video on similar thread here last week. Search using keyword 'range'

4. InspiredOne

Flying that high could you and the rest of us grounded.

5. Air Miles

At 400 ft. I have flown approx. 3 miles and turned around due to not being sure the battery time would allow a further flight. I did realize after returning at 43% that I could have flown further as I have the DBSMODS ITELITE antennae. I did have full video signal returning from the bird with no glitches at 3 miles. A 5-8 mph head wind was evident and made the trip out there harder than coming back. Nevertheless, I made an approx. 5.9 mile ride there and back.

On my Inspire 1 v1 I with the 1410 coded transmitter I only received video for 1.25 miles before getting broken video signals back from the bird.

The I1v2 with the 1510 coded transmitter allows for 3+ miles of return distance with a strong video signal.
    Image-1.jpg

#5 Air Miles, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    go fast likes this.
  6. seanmclean

I've never done a range test, but routinely get 3K feet of strong signal, which is far more than enough.