Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI 15mm and Olympus 12mm

Reaction score
bqKoJZN.jpg

I bought Olympus 12mm and flew few times. It is really nice. Especially the wide angle makes me feel better :)

Being a camera noob, I just feel like 12mm is better than 15mm in every point of view. Here is a question for you guys who has both of them like me, when do you mount 15mm then?

Reactions: RDTech
make sure when using the lens hood that you have the balance all set correctly otherwise you will burn your gimbal motors out

when it is all switched off hold the camera in a level position and then let go, if it's too heavy at the front it will tip forward, and likewise if it is too heavy at the rear it will tip backwards. Without the lens hood i normally have the balancing ring on and also a cheap uv filter without the glass in.

Reactions: RDTech
Agreed, the 12mm is better. I returned the 15mm because I just didn't see myself having any use for it since the 12mm is so much better. I might invest in the 25mm now as well.

when it is all switched off hold the camera in a level position and then let go, if it's too heavy at the front it will tip forward, and likewise if it is too heavy at the rear it will tip backwards. Without the lens hood i normally have the balancing ring on and also a cheap uv filter without the glass in.

Without hood it tips forward, but with balance ring it becomes neutral.
When I connect hood, it tips backward. How can I balance it?

I wopuld also love to see help here. I am just ordering the 12 mill toda. And the hood is quite expensive ...
Plenty of threads about this. Forget the hood, invest in a 46mm filter kit. I like Hoya as they balance the gimbal out perfectly level when mounted to the 12mm

I wopuld also love to see help here. I am just ordering the 12 mill toda. And the hood is quite expensive ...

Hi,
see this dji- forum-page for explenation:

DJI Zenmuse X5 Series Lens Comparison

If this is true, all you need the DJI balancing ring, or and filter with roughly the same weight (10g)

I snitched the chart from the page:

BALANCING LENSES CHART.png

If a new gimbal doesn't balance properly with the 15mm DJI, does it mean it is defective?
The DJI 15mm needs the plastic hood plus either the balance ring or an 8-10mm filter to balance. If it won't with these in place, then there is a problem with it.

Plenty of threads about this. Forget the hood, invest in a 46mm filter kit. I like Hoya as they balance the gimbal out perfectly level when mounted to the 12mm
The hood is trouble. In flight it can act like a scoop and cause all kinds of undue stress on the gimbal motors. I find that just a UV filter is all I need to balance my Oly 12mm. And yes, it beats the brakes off the DJI 15mm!

Reactions: Koptervision

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth