Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Announces v1.4.0.70 for Inspire 1 Pro

So don't go to 2.6, right? I've held off since it dropped a while ago.

2.6 is fine. No Geo.

And I should add:

It's not that geo fencing will be "evil", it just holds the potential to cause flight restriction problems where none exist today if things don't go perfectly, DJI servers aren't mostly available, and the data isn't incorrect.

Commercial operators especially would be well advised to use caution and check the online site (available now) to check the data for any areas you expect to fly in. If it's wrong, let DJI know ASAP.

Oh, and make a backup of your GO app 2.6 .ipa file if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Philip Fretwell
I've found it works fine. No issues. Only thing I've noticed is that on the focus bar there used to be numbers shown eg 1ft, 65ft etc and the infinity symbol. These are no longer there so it's just an empty bar which makes it harder to tell you are in focus as you move up and down the slider

Ok, i'm an idiot... I got the before shots, but before doing the updated, I formatted the SD card without copying over the test shots... *face palm*
I can confirm what the other chaps have said though, the sharpness in D-Log and D-Cinelike is perfect now, the same sharpness as with 'none'.
Also noise does seem to have increased when shooting D-Log when in low light conditions (did a test shot indoors). However it does not seem to have affected the noise when shooting in the 'none' colour profile.
Thanks for your feedback. Im downloading the new FW right now. Do you get flickers such as harsh aperture changes when flying in daylight?

Thanks for your feedback. Im downloading the new FW right now. Do you get flickers such as harsh aperture changes when flying in daylight?
No I don't get any flickers when changing the aperture, but i havn't taken it outdoors or test flown it yet. It works fine indoors, that's all i know so far. Can't imagine what would cause it to flicker though. Perhaps your aperture blades are struggling to adjust for some reason?

No I don't get any flickers when changing the aperture, but i havn't taken it outdoors or test flown it yet. It works fine indoors, that's all i know so far. Can't imagine what would cause it to flicker though. Perhaps your aperture blades are struggling to adjust for some reason?
I have sent you a conversation message with the links included. Please have a look at it and let me know what do you think please.

Does it reset the aperture to wide open every time you put a fresh battery on or is that cured?

Ok, i'm an idiot... I got the before shots, but before doing the updated, I formatted the SD card without copying over the test shots... *face palm*
I can confirm what the other chaps have said though, the sharpness in D-Log and D-Cinelike is perfect now, the same sharpness as with 'none'.
Also noise does seem to have increased when shooting D-Log when in low light conditions (did a test shot indoors). However it does not seem to have affected the noise when shooting in the 'none' colour profile.
Weird, I was getting bad noise inside especially on 'none' setting. Maybe it was always that way but I can say it was the first thing I noticed upon bringing in the footage. I'm looking forward to doing some proper tests when I can get the bird in the air.
Any word on the gimbal characteristics and if they have been improved?

Ok - just finished a video shoot with a well know UK artist, and used the upgraded software - it's a HUGE win and improvement...
Much easier to fly and pic quality is stunning - even in lower light...
The film will be mixed with footage from a Canon 1DC - and will be ready next week - so I will post the video then for you all to judge the results... But I am stoked... And so is the artist and record label....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ari Sakari
Nice one.

Bigger balls than me using new and "improved" firmware before the dust has settled.

This pilot is once bitten twice shy by the DJI Firmware Fairy!!

Glad it worked out.

Looking forward to the footage!

I have found 4K has less noise than the 1080p I also filmed in. I also found that every time I pushed forward at top speed I got a propulsion warning saying it was limiting it to save battery. I will wait till we have a brighter day and hope that it was more the gloomy conditions than noise. Not sure why they have removed the distance figures from the focus slider though.

Any updates on the noise? Plz don't tell they just did +2 sharpness in D LOG to shut people up... That will only amplify the already existing noise. Good thing i have Neat Video 4K :D

Any updates on the noise? Plz don't tell they just did +2 sharpness in D LOG to shut people up... That will only amplify the already existing noise. Good thing i have Neat Video 4K :D
I'm thinking they have. Need a brighter day to be sure.

I'm thinking they have. Need a brighter day to be sure.
A question ( which may be answered elsewhere) does this update apply if you have ( or going to have) the X5 attached with to the first version of the Inspire 1( last March 2015 purchase)?
Thanks

Ok - just finished a video shoot with a well know UK artist, and used the upgraded software - it's a HUGE win and improvement...
Much easier to fly and pic quality is stunning - even in lower light...
The film will be mixed with footage from a Canon 1DC - and will be ready next week - so I will post the video then for you all to judge the results... But I am stoked... And so is the artist and record label....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you use ooo setting or if you can tell me ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379