Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Care Refresh for Inspire 2 or X5S

Is anyone have experience with DJI Care Refresh?
Is it worth purchasing for Inspire 2 or/and X5S?

DJI Care is always an interesting topic. If you read the service agreement, it clearly says that DJI has a relationship with an insurance underwriter. Relationship or policy? If it's an insurance policy, which most likely it is, I will be interested to know the actual deductibles. I also doubt that the deductible is a two-tier system, like DJI made it out to be. As far as I know, insurance companies never charge two different deductibles no matter how many claims you file.

DJI Care is always an interesting topic. If you read the service agreement, it clearly says that DJI has a relationship with an insurance underwriter. Relationship or policy? If it's an insurance policy, which most likely it is, I will be interested to know the actual deductibles. I also doubt that the deductible is a two-tier system, like DJI made it out to be. As far as I know, insurance companies never charge two different deductibles no matter how many claims you file.
It's quite common with commercial cover to have stepped deductibles depending on the frequency of losses. Depending on an annual loss ratio DJI maybe on profit commission so it pays them to keep loss numbers low.
Those sorts of wording details we will never know!
Also, DJI may have an aggregate deductible and not based on each and every like a domestic policy tends to be. So every claim goes towards erosion of the deductible until it is breached and then there is no deductible after claims are into the primary.
We have no way of knowing......:(

Reactions: aquamor
Common thought is that with any purchase, extended warranty coverage is nothing more than a money maker. Does anyone see that differently with dji care?

Common thought is that with any purchase, extended warranty coverage is nothing more than a money maker. Does anyone see that differently with dji care?

You"re right on that one, this will only cover when you personally cause a crash AND if you can recover the drone.

I normally don't buy any type of extended warranty but did on my I2/X5S. Tax return fresh in my bank account. [emoji3] Anyway, I backed my bird into a tree limb at the edge of a pond. All but 1 motor was submerged for several minutes and 1 strut broke free of landing gear. This was around Chinese New Year and DJI didn't have a replacement for a few weeks but I received a new drone, camera and batteries as soon as they got some in. For me it worked out but I will be double checking with my insurance company.

Reactions: Lance K
I normally don't buy any type of extended warranty but did on my I2/X5S. Tax return fresh in my bank account. [emoji3] Anyway, I backed my bird into a tree limb at the edge of a pond. All but 1 motor was submerged for several minutes and 1 strut broke free of landing gear. This was around Chinese New Year and DJI didn't have a replacement for a few weeks but I received a new drone, camera and batteries as soon as they got some in. For me it worked out but I will be double checking with my insurance company.

This is all so very confusing... I picked up the I2 with Premium Combo and DJI Care Refresh. Since the DJI Care Refresh is only good for the first 12 months it seems like the way to go for hull insurance, then move to a proper hull coverage after the Warrenty expires ( or 2 drone replacement coverage- which ever comes first).

It would seem that getting a hull insurance policy is a bit redundant, and honestly if you made an insurance claim (on a total loss), scored a check, and then got a new drone from DJI with Care Refresh that doesn't seem fair either.

What are your thoughts?

This is all so very confusing... I picked up the I2 with Premium Combo and DJI Care Refresh. Since the DJI Care Refresh is only good for the first 12 months it seems like the way to go for hull insurance, then move to a proper hull coverage after the Warrenty expires ( or 2 drone replacement coverage- which ever comes first).

It would seem that getting a hull insurance policy is a bit redundant, and honestly if you made an insurance claim (on a total loss), scored a check, and then got a new drone from DJI with Care Refresh that doesn't seem fair either.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't purchase both DJI Care Refresh and insurance on the same drone. Doesn't seem right, wouldn't want to spend the extra money and there may be a clause that prohibits getting dual benefit. Not sure on the last one.

I hadn't thought about traditional insurance when I bought my I2. When I did think about it, I didn't think I could find and choose a plan within the 48 hours you have to purchase DJI Care Refresh. I didn't want to miss my window to purchase.

DJI Care/Refresh is 2 for 1 costs = 2 replacements in 1st year. I have no idea what level of post mortem information is required for getting product replaced. But I would think that as soon as you file a claim with a traditional insurer, you will have some kind of increased rate, or be placed in some high risk pool?

Any additional comments on Care/Refresh replacement experiences? It would be nice to know how well it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo