Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Care Refresh Info

SMD

Reaction score
I spent some quality time on DJI chat trying to get some questions answered. No doubt they were swamped with the amount of inquiries they received. The agent I was chatting with even said so. I read the FAQ about the Refresh Care and thought it was vague. After multiple questions I was told there is a fee if you have to use Refresh. According to DJI chat you are permitted to use Refresh twice over the span of one year. If you crash due to pilot error you're covered EXCEPT if you crash into water. If not over water there is a fee for each time you use Refresh. $209.00 the first time and $329.00 the second time. The total repairing fee won't exceed the price of the drone. You will get a brand new or same valued drone each time but you must pay the additional fee.

That was my question too and I am looking at the DJI Care page as I type and it says "Your aircraft can be repaired as many times as you need it to be, as long as the coverage amount has not been exceeded." Immediately below that it says "No Deductibles". "There are no deductibles for DJI Care! This means your aircraft will always be repaired for free as long as repair costs and aircraft conditions satisfy DJI coverage limits"

That is wildly different from your chat dialogue.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

That was my question too and I am looking at the DJI Care page as I type and it says "Your aircraft can be repaired as many times as you need it to be, as long as the coverage amount has not been exceeded." Immediately below that it says "No Deductibles". "There are no deductibles for DJI Care! This means your aircraft will always be repaired for free as long as repair costs and aircraft conditions satisfy DJI coverage limits"

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
Maybe that's the problem with DJI. They don't seem to know what they're doing. I pushed this guy REALLY hard and he was pretty convincing. I even told him I was going to post his response in a FB Drone group I run (then I thought I might as well post here too).

Your confusing DJI Care with DJI Care Refresh for the Inspire 2 and Zenmuse cameras. DJI Care Refresh is slightly less expensive than the original DJI Care and are separate plans for the aircraft and camera, $299 for the Inspire 2 and $189 for the X5S.

Reactions: henrymerrilees
Here is the language on the DJI Care Refresh agreement I got.

Some important details are listed below:

1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity.

2) If you choose to apply for a replacement under DJI Care Refresh, your original product must be returned to DJI and a replacement service fee will be charged.After replacement, the original product becomes DJI’s property and the replacement product is your property, with coverage effective for the remaining period of the Plan.

3) DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for replacement of your product twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated.

4) The first time replacement fee is USD 209, the second time replacement fee is USD 329.

It's an interesting approach. The $209 isn't a deductible. It's the maximum out-of-pocket for the first replacement (assuming a repair can't be accomplished by them for less.)

I'll be investigating more over the next few days. Had my first fatal fly-away today. Never got over 5' elevation. But it hit a concrete wall at about 15 mph. We'll see...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla