Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CrystalSky Monitor Owner Discussion by Advexure

Any News? Available on DJI's Website. Just the small version

"Estimated to ship 5-7 business days after payment confirmation" On DJI Website.

Very good news to see the 5.5" is on track with DJI's end of month estimate and we would hope to see the 7.85" models (High and Ultra Brightness) proceed on the same track.

Solely estimates still right now that DJI HQ is providing on CrystalSky production units to be shipping at the end of the month, and new information is still fluid. As firm information comes in we'll be happy to provide another update.

Reactions: Tom Dillon
hopefully some sort of protective travel sleeve or sock will be available for these. im sure mine will see alot of use transferred between a couple drones.

Reactions: Advexure
Good and bad news today...

First the good news – There will be an optional accessory to enable HDMI and SDI IN.

Preliminary details for this module:
Two SDI Ports, one in and one out and for loop out SDI signal.
Two HDMI Ports, one in and one out for loop out HDMI signal.
Can be powered by and communicate with Ronin 2 (killer!)​

(Source: The Mr. Ken Booth, DJI)

More good news, first production units of the 5.5" CrystalSky Monitors are now beginning to ship on a limited basis.​

Now the bad news – Both 7.85" models (High and Ultra Brightness) have been pushed back. High Brightness units are estimated to ship late July and Ultra Brightness will have an update at a later time.

Sorry to have to bear the bad news, we are all saddened as we're just as anxious. We wish this update was being posted on April 1st but unfortunately it is not. :rolleyes: Advexure customers anxiously awaiting CrystalSky pre-orders may reach out at any time should they have any specific questions relating to their pre-order.

-The Advexure Team :cool:

Reactions: mpaerial
Good and bad news today...

First the good news – There will be an optional accessory to enable HDMI and SDI IN.

Preliminary details for this module:
Two SDI Ports, one in and one out and for loop out SDI signal.
Two HDMI Ports, one in and one out for loop out HDMI signal.
Can be powered by and communicate with Ronin 2 (killer!)​
(Source: The Mr. Ken Booth, DJI)
More good news, first production units of the 5.5" CrystalSky Monitors are now beginning to ship on a limited basis.​

Now the bad news – Both 7.85" models (High and Ultra Brightness) have been pushed back. High Brightness units are estimated to ship late July and Ultra Brightness will have an update at a later time.

Sorry to have to bear the bad news, we are all saddened as we're just as anxious. We wish this update was being posted on April 1st but unfortunately it is not. :rolleyes: Advexure customers anxiously awaiting CrystalSky pre-orders may reach out at any time should they have any specific questions relating to their pre-order.

-The Advexure Team :cool:

Thanks for the update. That is awesome news about the hdmi port option!

I my pre order was updated to shipping I can't wait!

Did they give a reason for the delays for the larger versions? I just assume it's assembly line availability.
Thanks for the updates.

Thanks for the update. That is awesome news about the hdmi port option!

I my pre order was updated to shipping I can't wait!

Did they give a reason for the delays for the larger versions? I just assume it's assembly line availability.
Thanks for the updates.

No problem. Unfortunately no word as to what the cause of the delay is on the 7.85" units. Some of my colleagues are at DJI today, we'll see if they come back with "the scoop" [emoji2]

Have a good weekend.

Wondering if there some where I can see this hdmi in setup as described above?

Nothing more available at the moment, the details posted above are all anyone knows right now.

No photos, diagrams etc. and no statement on where it plugs in either... :)

Wondering if there some where I can see this hdmi in setup as described above?

Not at the moment, this is a very new development. I would assume there is a pre-production unit in the works or possible out but nothing that we can seen quite yet. We'll give you a shout when we've got something we can share.

Not at the moment, this is a very new development. I would assume there is a pre-production unit in the works or possible out but nothing that we can seen quite yet. We'll give you a shout when we've got something we can share.

I've only experienced DJI products for about 8 months. I really wish they would hold back revealing their products until they are closer to rolling them out instead of teasing and filling our heads with empty promises followed by delays. Then the week the product releases they drop news like this and now it seems the 5.5 inch Crystalsky does not fit in the mavic controller like several have claimed DJI reps said it would.

Such poor communication. I feel for those businesses who have to deal with them and quell the riots of angry customers with a lot of unanswered questions that are no fault of their own.

Then the week the product releases they drop news like this and now it seems the 5.5 inch Crystalsky does not fit in the mavic controller like several have claimed DJI reps said it would.

The use of the input adapter is welcome surely?

Up until this point there has been no suggestion that the Crystalsky devices could accept any video input so this is a bonus not a disappointment...

I also do not recall any DJI rep ever saying that Crystalsky would fit in the Mavic controller, it has been clear from the moment the specs were released that it wouldn't.

The only expectation has been that there would be some sort of adapter and yes, it is a shame that there is no news on such an adapter from DJI, but there are a few 3rd party solutions already appearing.

The use of the input adapter is welcome surely?

Up until this point there has been no suggestion that the Crystalsky devices could accept any video input so this is a bonus not a disappointment...

I also do not recall any DJI rep ever saying that Crystalsky would fit in the Mavic controller, it has been clear from the moment the specs were released that it wouldn't.

The only expectation has been that there would be some sort of adapter and yes, it is a shame that there is no news on such an adapter from DJI, but there are a few 3rd party solutions already appearing.

Yes that feature is welcome, but it just illustrates how DJI works...making it up as they go along.

And, yes, DJI did have reps tell people that the 5.5 versions would fit into the mavic controller. I was told myself (along with others on the mavic boards) when I inquired before purchase because their official specs had the monitor 1mm larger than the gap on the controller arms with the rubber grips removed. I was assured that the 5.5 would fit into the controller arms and a mount would only be required for the larger screens.

In the end its not that big of a deal, Ill get what I want out of the monitor and will custom mount it the way I want. I just would appreciate a lot less smoke and mirrors along the way.

I've only experienced DJI products for about 8 months. I really wish they would hold back revealing their products until they are closer to rolling them out instead of teasing and filling our heads with empty promises followed by delays. Then the week the product releases they drop news like this and now it seems the 5.5 inch Crystalsky does not fit in the mavic controller like several have claimed DJI reps said it would.

Such poor communication. I feel for those businesses who have to deal with them and quell the riots of angry customers with a lot of unanswered questions that are no fault of their own.

@HydroneMantis We definitely understand your concern and to keep things short and sweet, DJI is aware of their poor performance with new releases. After the Mavic release they had a lot to learn and were determined to ensure the Spark release went as smooth as possible...and so far it most definitely has been one of the smoothest DJI releases we've seen in years. Hopefully some lessons were learned from this most recent release and things will only continue to improve.

I am sorry about the information a DJI rep provided to you regarding 5.5" mounting. Since day one when the dimensions were released on this unit, it was apparent that this depth of the CrystalSky would not work with the Mavic RC's arms. We are aware of at least three experienced fabricators who are working on CrystalSky Mounts for the Mavic (there are also a couple adapters out currently that could make do until fabricators have 5.5" units in their possession to finish up other designs).

We are fully aware of the frustrations DJI causes to all and if our team can be of any assistance to you don't hesitate to reach out. Have a good weekend! ;)

I don't think we can rule out a Mavic CrystalSky Adapter from DJI quite yet...but not sure what timing could be on that. Could be a Christmas present at the rate that CrystalSky has moved... :(

@HydroneMantis We definitely understand your concern and to keep things short and sweet, DJI is aware of their poor performance with new releases. After the Mavic release they had a lot to learn and were determined to ensure the Spark release went as smooth as possible...and so far it most definitely has been one of the smoothest DJI releases we've seen in years. Hopefully some lessons were learned from this most recent release and things will only continue to improve.

I am sorry about the information a DJI rep provided to you regarding 5.5" mounting. Since day one when the dimensions were released on this unit, it was apparent that this depth of the CrystalSky would not work with the Mavic RC's arms. We are aware of at least three experienced fabricators who are working on CrystalSky Mounts for the Mavic (there are also a couple adapters out currently that could make do until fabricators have 5.5" units in their possession to finish up other designs).

We are fully aware of the frustrations DJI causes to all and if our team can be of any assistance to you don't hesitate to reach out. Have a good weekend! ;)

Do you know if the pre-orders through Advexure for the DJI Crystalsky mounting bracket will ship at the same time as the crystalskys or will they be delayed?

Thanks

I don't think we can rule out a Mavic CrystalSky Adapter from DJI quite yet...but not sure what timing could be on that. Could be a Christmas present at the rate that CrystalSky has moved... :(

I'm definitely not ruling it out, quite the opposite really, it is just disappointing that the 5.5" is shipping before the adapter is available...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla