Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI CrystalSky Monitor Owner Discussion by Advexure

thanks! Expect an inspire 2 order from me soon. I was holding out til the cendence but I wont even touch that or think about its existence until its on the market.

No problem at all. Let us know if we can be of any assistance with the Inspire 2 in the meantime.

Good call on Cendence, they'll definitely be a lot more information out on them as far as reviews and experience goes once they begin to ship. Still many unanswered questions of uncertainty but we're really looking forward to them and know everyone is very anxious for those as well.

Wow good news for the HDMI in accessory!! Hopefully price is within reason. Will hopefully be able to get some other use out of my tablet besides just for drone work

Reactions: Advexure
I don't think we can rule out a Mavic CrystalSky Adapter from DJI quite yet...but not sure what timing could be on that. Could be a Christmas present at the rate that CrystalSky has moved... :(

What confuses me is that DJI specifically say:

"The Mavic Pro and Osmo series gimbal cameras (excluding the Osmo Mobile) are only compatible with 5.5" Crystalsky monitors"

So it's saying the Osmo and Mavic are ONLY compatible with the 5.5"- yet the screens can't be mounted. Surely they are no less compatible than the bigger CS screens?
I don't understand why they have specified ONLY the 5.5" versions will work on those devices.

Either way it doesn't mention extra mounts needed for the w

so it seems i wont be able to charge my newly shipped crystalsky monitor without a charge cable since i only own a mavic currently. can anyone link me to the part i need...i wish dji would be clear bout this stuff. almost $600 spent on this **** thing and i cant even charge it.

so it seems i wont be able to charge my newly shipped crystalsky monitor without a charge cable since i only own a mavic currently. can anyone link me to the part i need..

This is the list of compatible chargers from the CrystalSky manual:

Inspire 2 Battery Charger (IN2C180)
Inspire 2 Car Charger (C6S90-2)
Inspire 1 Battery Charger (A14-100P1A)
Inspire 1 Battery Charger (ADE018)
Inspire 1 Car Charger (C6S90)
Phantom 4 Series Battery Charger (PH4C100)
Phantom 4 Car Charger (C6S90)
Phantom 3 Professional Battery Charger (ADE019)
Phantom 3 Car Charger (C4S90)

The mains chargers in the list do not all ship with a mains power cable so check before ordering. They do use standard power cable types though so you may well already have what you need.

The mains chargers in the list do not all ship with a mains power cable so check before ordering. They do use standard power cable types though so you may well already have what you need.

Not the osmo charger either? Bizarre.

Thanks @Mark Taylor. I'm going to tag onto this with a list we just got from DJI.

DJI CRYSTALSKY – Compatible Chargers
Inspire 2 Battery Charger (ADE018)
**Phantom 3 57W Battery Charger (A14-057N1A)
**Osmo 57W Battery Charger (A14-057N1A)

**These 57W battery chargers do not supply enough power to charge batteries and other devices connected to the USB port simultaneously. DO NOT use the USB port to charge another device when charging batteries.

Some notes...
  • Inspire 2 folks should plan on using the their I2 Power Adaptor's charging port that they use for charging the RC and that will plug into the CrystalSky Charging Hub
  • Mavic folks you will need one of the chargers from the above list. (Most lately seem to be choosing the Phantom 4 Charger)

Reactions: HydroneMantis
Reactions: HydroneMantis
What confuses me is that DJI specifically say:

"The Mavic Pro and Osmo series gimbal cameras (excluding the Osmo Mobile) are only compatible with 5.5" Crystalsky monitors"

So it's saying the Osmo and Mavic are ONLY compatible with the 5.5"- yet the screens can't be mounted. Surely they are no less compatible than the bigger CS screens?
I don't understand why they have specified ONLY the 5.5" versions will work on those devices.

Either way it doesn't mention extra mounts needed for the w

7.85" Versions definitely work with the Mavic. Not sure why DJI has only 5.5" listed in their literature. Also no Mavic compatibility technically listed in the CrystalSky manual so that's that. Maybe time for a V2.0 of the manual?

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 1.09.34 AM.png

Just a bit bulky on the RC and throw the weight distribution off depending on how you mount it. I've only felt it mounted with a proto mount that was far from ideal so that's not saying much...

That looks like a better list, but they have still got the ADE018 listed as an I2 charger as well as an I1 charger :)

I believe that's because it is the same brick, just different cable/connectors on the I2 version vs. I1. Same adapter gets same model number despite the compatible connectors.

Word was that they had excess stock of I1 bricks that they original made available as I2 chargers (obviously with the I2 connectors) for extra or spare adapters and then eventually the spare adapter moved to being the same as the one that is included with the I2 unit.

See here if you're curious:

ac-cables-jpg.14481

New Battery Charger Soon?

7.85" Versions definitely work with the Mavic. Not sure why DJI has only 5.5" listed in their literature. Also no Mavic compatibility technically listed in the CrystalSky manual so that's that. Maybe time for a V2.0 of the manual?

View attachment 14515

Just a bit bulky on the RC and throw the weight distribution off depending on how you mount it. I've only felt it mounted with a proto mount that was far from ideal so that's not saying much...

Still no mention of how you'd get it on the osmo either.

This whole thing is an absolute joke.

Still no mention of how you'd get it on the osmo either.

This whole thing is an absolute joke.

Nothing regarding mounting to Osmo quite yet. There is a solution in the works here...

My guess would be that the original objective and focus on the CrystalSky was in the 7.85" models for professional users on Phantom, Inspire and Matrice RC's and then they saw the opportunity to capture the Mavic market (and Osmo) with a 5.5" model which was a bit of an afterthought and logistics for mounting compatibility did not receive the attention they deserved.

Nothing regarding mounting to Osmo quite yet. There is a solution in the works here...

My guess would be that the original objective and focus on the CrystalSky was in the 7.85" models for professional users on Phantom, Inspire and Matrice RC's and then they saw the opportunity to capture the Mavic market (and Osmo) with a 5.5" model which was a bit of an afterthought and logistics for mounting compatibility did not receive the attention they deserved.

Sounds like it. For me I wanted one device that would work across my platforms. I like the locked in CS system. It makes sense to have a dedicated display for my phantom, osmo pro and soon a mavic.

I believe that's because it is the same brick, just different cable/connectors on the I2 version vs. I1. Same adapter gets same model number despite the compatible connectors.

Nothing confusing there then :)

I don't think the original kit charger for the I2 has ever been made available as a saleable part unfortunately.

Hopefully no I2 owner will use that model number to place an order as it only leads to the original Inspire version.

Even DJI don't appear to show an actual model number for the I2 charger on the web site just to be unhelpful.

Either way, to stay on topic, yes the I2 charger works, just don't use that model number to try and find it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah