Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI customer service is a joke

If you live in the US, you don't want to purchase directly from DJI. I would request a refund and ship the whole thing back.

Outside the US here. To give them credit, they have been answering my ticket, just a lot of excessive and redundant questions. They want me to send the battery back so we'll see how many weeks I have to wait to fly.

I wish I had found this thread a couple of weeks ago. Ordered the Inspire 1 direct from DJI and it arrived yesterday (FedEX is another issue). Box and case all looked good, no damage. Took photos before unboxing. Everything inside looked good and new but the battery is dead as a dodo. No LED lights, won't charge, won't turn on. Opened a ticket with DJI and so far been feeding them info as requested... proof of payment, photos, questions about if it's been in a crash (um no, fresh outta the box), they requested a video showing it not charging, now confirming phone and address. Unfortunately without a working battery, I can't test anything else on the inspire, so not sure if anything else is faulty. Debating buying a spare battery locally so that I can test it, otherwise I worry that by the time I get a working battery, it'll be too late to return anything else.
Sorry to hear that, my ticket is been opened already for wayyy over a month with nothing being solved by Dji, Then someone responded after bitchin and scratching with apologies and they will take care this asap for me, now it's 9 day and nothing. When it comes to battery, open a top lid, there's few posts how to, disconnect the plug for hour at least, that will reset the smart board and it will allow you to charge the battery, I've done it 3 times, on a 3rd attempt it worked. Good luck

Sorry to hear that, my ticket is been opened already for wayyy over a month with nothing being solved by Dji, Then someone responded after bitchin and scratching with apologies and they will take care this asap for me, now it's 9 day and nothing. When it comes to battery, open a top lid, there's few posts how to, disconnect the plug for hour at least, that will reset the smart board and it will allow you to charge the battery, I've done it 3 times, on a 3rd attempt it worked. Good luck

Maybe they're watching these forums. The person looking after my ticket has now sent me the shipping labels to send the battery back to them. I thought about opening the top following the advice on other forums but don't want to risk voiding the warranty (certainly this falls within the 7-day return period). In the meantime, I bought a spare battery from a local dealer. It arrived last night and so I was able to check the rest of the aircraft and all other systems seem OK. I was planning on getting a second battery anyway so in the end, hopefully, it'll all work out.

Maybe they're watching these forums. The person looking after my ticket has now sent me the shipping labels to send the battery back to them. I thought about opening the top following the advice on other forums but don't want to risk voiding the warranty (certainly this falls within the 7-day return period). In the meantime, I bought a spare battery from a local dealer. It arrived last night and so I was able to check the rest of the aircraft and all other systems seem OK. I was planning on getting a second battery anyway so in the end, hopefully, it'll all work out.
That's great you've got a fast response on their part, I had to go ahead and purchase a battery as well, except camera freezes when taking pictures and vsp is bad too as a landing gear doesnt automatically go down, I tried to put it in a travel mode when packing it up to send it to dji service, that didn't work, so I manually set it and yank the battery half way down, hopefully it all be working once they are done with it

I've just had to return mine to my local dealer to sort out, I received my inspire Thursday and after watching a misinforming YouTube video I updated my RC before the inspire, I couldn't get it to update and kept failing, I tried everything but no joy, my dealer informs me that if it does need to go to dji they will send me a new replacement so I won't have to wait. Has anyone else had issues with the firmwares

I've just had to return mine to my local dealer to sort out, I received my inspire Thursday and after watching a misinforming YouTube video I updated my RC before the inspire, I couldn't get it to update and kept failing, I tried everything but no joy, my dealer informs me that if it does need to go to dji they will send me a new replacement so I won't have to wait. Has anyone else had issues with the firmwares
There are two ways to downgrade RC firmware, one is from app to hit the graduation hat, hold it for few seconds, it will allow you to downgrade to firmware it came with, or use usb stick and load firmware from that, there's a sequence of buttons to hold and remote will read from the usb

There are two ways to downgrade RC firmware, one is from app to hit the graduation hat, hold it for few seconds, it will allow you to downgrade to firmware it came with, or use usb stick and load firmware from that, there's a sequence of buttons to hold and remote will read from the usb

So I put the usb in and will it start update/downgrade itself or so I have to insert and press said buttons, which buttons are they please?

I think it was the c1 and 2, then the scroll wheel and shutter button, then you power on the RC and the light turns teal color,

I think it was the c1 and 2, then the scroll wheel and shutter button, then you power on the RC and the light turns teal color,

Ok I'll give this one last try tomorrow before it goes back to dealer on Monday. Not sure it will make the inspire then decide to update but worth a shot

Good luck with it, hope it works out for you, and remeber when you update one device, the other has to be off, so when you're updating your craft, make sure your RC is powered down, then you update RC

Reactions: Jpearce87
Two issues I've had with my Inspire 1 black edition was battery dead on arrival and camera shutter froze the app on Inspire and osmo, so it's camera related, plus the Landing gear would not automatically lower when close to the ground so there was an issue with vsp or vps, or whatever that sensor is called, after 2 months finally dji sent me a replacement battery, but they sent me a white one, go figure, I also ended up sending the Inspire which I received back 2 Weekes later, which is great, in a note attached statement that no repairs were performed, simply a firmware was updated, but a firmware update required poped on a menu, so I've downloaded the new 1.09....., shut off the RC, formated the memory card that inspire came with, loaded the firmware and started the update, after hour and a half chirping continued and didn't look like it was going to stop, so I've shut the Inspire off, after restart it's the same issue I had, landing gear in auro still no go, camera continues to freeze with a shutter press, and after 4 days there's still no reply from DJI, if I only knew...

FIXED! Turned out to be a faulty X3 unit

Now it's 12 days and still nothing from DJI, I seriously start to regret the purchase, I've got over 5k into the set up, less than 2 hours of flying in 4 months and God knows how much longer it will take for them to finally get this fixed or replaced, I so should of listen other members and their nightmarish issues with Dji, but one hopes that his unit be fine, lol

I just went through their customer service process as well. It's a a joke. They want me to send in a drone for service that is otherwise fine. Only the rotors are broken. I think they are responsible for the crash due to not publishing a warning about taking off from metallic surfaces in their user manual. They are rude, unhelpful and unconnected. I also hope other drone makers will up their game in the future. DJI just left a bad taste in my mouth.

I've shipped my inspire twice, both times camera didn't want to update correctly messing up some of the functions like taking fotos, landing gear auto, and few more, last time they sent me the unit back I've sold it with all my gear, I had a lot invested in it with 6 batteries, modified batteries, carbon fiber parts and guards and cases, at the end of my auction I lost over 3k, and flew the unit few times, now dji keeps sending me emails about specials on mavic or Phantom 4, I'm done with Dji, their innovation is great, but costumer service is worse I've seen on very expensive products. I'll wait for different company to come out with something nice, and support that company as long as they stand by their products.

Reactions: towlie420
I always discourage people from buying direct from DJI. Many problems occur during the first 30 days or so therefore, having an option of returning in lieu of sending your bird in for repair is always the better choice. Buy locally or from an online merchant that offers at least a 30 day money back guarantee.

Reactions: towlie420

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla