Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI DNG Cleaner

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for the stupid question but I'm going to ask.. Can anyone please tell me what the cleaner actually does with the DNG files. Is it just for bad pixels or for noise?

I've done a search for the answer plus checked to see if DJI had any read me notes, no luck.

I've downloaded the cleaner onto my iMac, tested some DNG files but they still look the same...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Glad you found it, perhaps you might be able to shed some light on it once you've tried it.

I downloaded it and could not figure out how to use it. This is what I found. After I opened the cleaner it didn't want to open any DNG files I had on my desktop. I finally tried to open the files directly from the sd card out of the Inspire that was sitting on my desktop as Untitled I had to choose the complete file "Untitled". It opened that fine and created another file on the sd card called output. I took one pic from the sd card before cleaning and the same photo from the cleaned "output" file. There is a difference, it seems that the cleaned file has no red pixels or hot pixels it also seems to smooth things out a tad but not a lot that I can see. Here are the 2 pics the first uncleaned and the 2nd cleaned. They are both cropped to 500%. Hope this helps.

DNG Uncleaned.png DNG Cleaned.png

Reactions: Clampit
Many thanks for your help on this, I had done the same thing, opened the cleaner & selected one DNG file from the my sd card that was showing on my desktop. I'll have a play around with more files & see if it makes a difference. So in simple terms.. It just cleans the file slightly. Wasn't sure if it was worth using or not, personal preference I suppose.;)

I take it no one else uses it then so what the point of it;)

Cleaned a couple more files, I still can't see any differents, zoomed in to 200% still with no joy.

I suppose it take a professional eye to see what to look out for, need to put my glasses on I think;)

Do you know if this is for stills only or video as well? I never shoot stills so don't know if CinemaDNG is a stills option. If it's for video is there a batch option?

DNG Cleaner Removes hot pixels, digital noise and the "Crawlies" it removes random noise in low light shots by using a predictive algorithm

Reactions: EDDSkitz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry