Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI + DroneBase

Reaction score
Posted this in the PhantomPilots group as well.

Pretty proud of this and since all of you enjoy DJI products, I figured I'd post on how DJI has just re-invested in us at DroneBase along with Union Square Ventures, Accel and Upfront. 99% of the jobs that have gone through our platform have been flown by Inspires and Phantoms and a number of qualified pilots in these forums have helped us get to this point. So thank you for all of your help.

DroneBase raises from Union Square to pay any pilot for aerial footage

Reactions: Ascender
yep, we're using them for US / domestic pilots for direct deposit and 1099 end of year tax forms.
Hey nick for the first time I attempted to do a pano mission locally. Unfortunately, I encountered issues with the home owner. He wasn't aware of his home on your app. He was very upset, the house wasn't even for sale. Last time, ill try your app.

Bigdz I was wondering that myself. How does liability play into the potential that you're at the wrong house. There should be a way to verify the homeowner is selling and/or is comfortable with the photography. I could see a lot of kids getting into trouble using this app. I just opened an account but I've been too chicken to go mission hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Nick, if I select some homes in a certain area that I am interested in photographing, do they come off the "market" as available to photograph on your app?

Hey nick for the first time I attempted to do a pano mission locally. Unfortunately, I encountered issues with the home owner. He wasn't aware of his home on your app. He was very upset, the house wasn't even for sale. Last time, ill try your app.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about this. Send me a note to [email protected] and we can review. We're constantly refreshing our data and trying to keep it as up to date as possible.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about this. Send me a note to [email protected] and we can review. We're constantly refreshing our data and trying to keep it as up to date as possible.
Yeah, it's a little misleading...I also went to few other homes around my neighborhood, that were listed and none of them had for sale signs on them. This App is going to get someone in a huge mess,you guys should really check out the homes you list.

Yeah, it's a little misleading...I also went to few other homes around my neighborhood, that were listed and none of them had for sale signs on them. This App is going to get someone in a huge mess,you guys should really check out the homes you list.

I agree. I'm working with our engineers and data team as we had enormous volume come through this week. Appreciate the feedback. We're a scrappy startup and like any new company, there are things for us to learn. Appreciate it.

Nick, this is awesome work! I am out in Washington (lots of rain right now) and just getting started with my own business. I am going to use your model, your services will supplement my business. Logistics seem easy enough, contact the seller/place and get ack first. I will be sending sets in soon. I am wondering about the pay structure, please send info. Your on the right track, I am sure issues stated above can be resolved. Keep with it and hope to be flying missions for you soon!

Reactions: Nick DroneBase
Nick, any better way to just get asked to do client jobs without building a reputation with a bunch of panos?

Good q. We don't really look at what has been done in terms of Pano missions when pinging pilots with client missions. We notify those around the area when it comes up. We aren't really a franchise model.

Nick, this is awesome work! I am out in Washington (lots of rain right now) and just getting started with my own business. I am going to use your model, your services will supplement my business. Logistics seem easy enough, contact the seller/place and get ack first. I will be sending sets in soon. I am wondering about the pay structure, please send info. Your on the right track, I am sure issues stated above can be resolved. Keep with it and hope to be flying missions for you soon!

For Pano missions, make sure you read our FAQ: http://go.dronebase.com/faq/pilot

These aren't client missions.

Appreciate the kind words. This is new for us. We recently paid out over $1MM to our pilots, so that was a cool metric. We don't do any in-house flying anymore, so its all done by pilots.

Before I leave the house, I plan my missions carefully. I also check the real estate sites like Zillow and MILS to avoid this hassle.

Reactions: Bigdz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla