Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI E2000

I often wondered why we didnt get the folding props the nicer units get.

With a prop diameter of 21 inches this isn't going to work with the Inspire and I don't know if even the S1000+ could use props that big. Where is this intended to be used?

Brian

With a prop diameter of 21 inches this isn't going to work with the Inspire and I don't know if even the S1000+ could use props that big. Where is this intended to be used?

Brian

The DJI agricultural sprayer drone uses these. But I'd bet there's an S2000 around the corner.

It could form the basis of an interesting larger drone about 2x the size and weight of the Inspire 1. Put a 500WHr 12S battery in that and you could carry a full sized DSLR and gimbal and get 30 minute flights or longer. That could be quite interesting.

Brian

It could form the basis of an interesting larger drone about 2x the size and weight of the Inspire 1. Put a 500WHr 12S battery in that and you could carry a full sized DSLR and gimbal and get 30 minute flights or longer. That could be quite interesting.

Brian

I fail to understand the need for more flight time.
If you're filming, you need a 10 second shot. You take off, you grab the shot, and land.
If you still have battery power, yes, you can grab another couple Of shots while you're up. If you are a professional filmer, you get what you need in just a few minutes and land.

I fail to understand the need for more flight time.
If you're filming, you need a 10 second shot. You take off, you grab the shot, and land.
If you still have battery power, yes, you can grab another couple Of shots while you're up. If you are a professional filmer, you get what you need in just a few minutes and land.

OK, then go ask Damon and other on this very board why they're moding to add more batteries. There are shots and video clips that can be captured in a few seconds or minutes and there are other tasks that take longer. When doing a photogrametry mission it might take 5 minutes or it might take 50 minutes or longer so being able to do it in fewer missions would be an advantage.

Also, there are some situations where you need to first move to a starting point perhaps a 1/4 mile away and then the end point might wind up being a 1/4 mile away so you need to include the ferry time to the start and from the finish points. That might only add a few minutes, but when you only have about 12 minutes to about 30% subtracting 3 minutes leaves you with 9 minutes and less given the time overhead of takeoff and landing.

Lastly, the lifespan of a battery is often effected by how deeply you discharge the battery so staying above 30% would tend to be advised except when you do the deep cycle process. The Tesla car isn't intended to be driven to zero charge every time as that would tend to reduce the lifespan of the pack. When a pack cost about $200 you probably don't want to replace it every other month.

Brian

I would also add that flight time is one aspect but another is redundancy for added safety for battery mods, but I digress.

Bigger motors can lift more at the cost of more power. In the case of the DJI agricultural sprayer drone, 10Kg payload is nowhere near enough for large farms but it's a start for hobby or specialty farming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips