Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI - FIRMWARE - Where we stand!

Hi all,
I'm new to the drone scene although i do like to research thoroughly first. And whilst there is no question the Inspire is a marvelous piece of hardware I have to wonder at DJi and their level of competence with regard to customer support/software.

The first problem is the website showing the correct firmware - This is not intuitive at all and has minimal information. I can understand why some people try to upgrade to incorrect firmware. EDIT: this has now been corrected.
Next - The Firmware is just ......well....who knows? Dji certainly don't. They keep announcing updates. The updates keep bricking drones and then when people pose questions regarding the firmware they go silent and release another update. Only this update introduces more issues regarding things that worked ok before.

In short - I came here to get some sense!
Does anyone know the actual state of play with the firmware. I'm reluctant to upgrade due to the amount of people complaining.

any help/advice appreciated.

all the best
chris

I would also like to know what my update holds, what items I should keep eye for and all, but It's too much to ask from DJI. Just like last cold battery firmware update, I am sure all of the guys who lost drones due to that update would like to know about it.

DJI, LOL

I was referring to this DJI Forum|New Firmware for the Inspire 1/Inspire 1 Pro There are many threads like this. Some users even claim the new update bricks the inspires.but......
i'm happy to take your advice that this was more than likely user error.

thanks for the replies i shall update!

He's got a point..There having a lot of problems and opinions over there. I must say reading these forums can be pretty stressful worrying about when the catastrophe is coming..

I have a friend who has Inspire 1, reading all this forums and only has 1 hour of flight time on the inspire in about a year, LOL
I figured if it's going to happen, nothing you can do if it's a freak accident. I do my best to stay safe, but no one is guaranteed.
Stay safe and enjoy.

Can you elaborate a bit on the reasons you like the X3 better on your OSMO?... Are you referring to the quality of video, how it handles movement, etc.?
Thanks!
Yes the gimbal is smoother its better quality. But downside it wont lock. The IQ is the same i'm pretty sure but i preffer the i1 X3 and the other factor is the i1 X3 infinite focus. Everything is in focus so imo its better yes.

Current public release firmware v1.6.0.40 is stable and gives me and many on this forum no issues whatsoever.
Update was (like every one before it) smooth, uneventful and without issue.

Firmware download page is clear and unambiguous with the most recent version at the top and the release date by each version.
Release notes are provided should you have any doubts.
I appreciate you may have concerns but not too sure how much clearer the download page can be!
I have a question that no one has been able to answer for me. I have the original Inspire 1 but have updated my camera to the X5, which firmware do I use? The Inspire 1 which is the 1.6.0.40 or do I use the 1.3.0.60 which is for the Pro. I have been told by DJI person to use the Pro firmware because of the camera, but yet the Pro model has newer heavier duty motors which I assume take different frmware updates than the older motors. which may be why some people are being bricked by these updates. DJI is very confusing when it comes to all these things, never really explaining to users what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a question that no one has been able to answer for me. I have the original Inspire 1 but have updated my camera to the X5, which firmware do I use? The Inspire 1 which is the 1.6.0.40 or do I use the 1.3.0.60 which is for the Pro. I have been told by DJI person to use the Pro firmware because of the camera, but yet the Pro model has newer heavier duty motors which I assume take different frmware updates than the older motors. which may be why some people are being bricked by these updates. DJI is very confusing when it comes to all these things, never really explaining to users what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
If you used the Inspire 1 firmware, it wouldn't work, so you will need to use the Inspire Pro firmware as that is what you have updated to with the x5 gimbal

Generally all updates I have done have gone without a hitch. The most recent one however did strange things to my custom camera settings, which I didn't check as they had never been reset prior to this update. I was also in a great spot with amazing evening light, and in a hurry to catch the moment. All looked good on my iPad screen, flew the shot a few times... Checked the file when I got back to camp on my laptop and it looked crap. Turned the I1 on and checked settings on the GO app.... Sharpness +3, contrast +3, saturation +3.

Guess I'll be checking a bit more thoroughly after the next update.....

I've updated mine with the Inspire 1 FW. So far no problem.

Hello,
New here. I updated the FW to WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin. Worked out OK but when I start up the I1 with my new X5, the camera stops 30° to the left, not straight forward as normal. What shall I do to uninstal the FW? Just downgrade to WM610_FC550_FW_V01.03.00.60.bin? And than install the latest again?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I'm new to the drone scene although i do like to research thoroughly first. And whilst there is no question the Inspire is a marvelous piece of hardware I have to wonder at DJi and their level of competence with regard to customer support/software.

The first problem is the website showing the correct firmware - This is not intuitive at all and has minimal information. I can understand why some people try to upgrade to incorrect firmware. EDIT: this has now been corrected.
Next - The Firmware is just ......well....who knows? Dji certainly don't. They keep announcing updates. The updates keep bricking drones and then when people pose questions regarding the firmware they go silent and release another update. Only this update introduces more issues regarding things that worked ok before.

In short - I came here to get some sense!
Does anyone know the actual state of play with the firmware. I'm reluctant to upgrade due to the amount of people complaining.

any help/advice appreciated.

all the best
chris

Chris,
From your text above, we can't identify if you have a Inspire 1 or an Inspire 1 Pro?
The many issues of people complaining are mostly user/operator created issues, not reading everything. The simple is your should always have the latest updates in the following sequence: DJI GO App, then the RC Controller, then the Aircraft and finally all your batteries. This should basically keep you out of trouble.

INSPIRE 1 - Aircraft and Accessories Software’s:
1. Inspire 1 - All-in-One Firmware Ver. 1.6.0.40 Release Date Dec. 22nd, 2015
2. Radio Controller Ver. 1.5.70 Release Date Dec 7th, 2015
3. Batteries Ver. 1.5.0.30 Release Date Dec 7th, 2015
4. DJI GO App Ver. 2.4.3 Release Date Dec 19th, 2015

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell