Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI FM-15 flexi mic VS Rode VideoMicro sound quility

Reaction score
Is there a big difference in sound quality between the free DJI FM-15 Flexi mic and the Rode VideoMicro mic?
I assume there is a difference, but i wonder how big the difference is, is it like night and day?

Would you say one needs to buy the Rode mic or another more expensive mic to get a decent audio quality, or is it enough with the DJI flex mic?

Is there a big difference in sound quality between the free DJI FM-15 Flexi mic and the Rode VideoMicro mic?
I assume there is a difference, but i wonder how big the difference is, is it like night and day?

Would you say one needs to buy the Rode mic or another more expensive mic to get a decent audio quality, or is it enough with the DJI flex mic?
Let's put it this way........
Rode have the expertise in the audio industry and thoroughly understand the engineering behind what makes a great sound capturing device and ....er......DJI Don't! :p
I have used much more expensive Rode suspension systems and mics on broadcast cameras and they outperform Sennheisers using Rycote blimps and deadcats.
I wouldn't hesitate in using anything with the Rode name on it.
The flexicrap is a total piece of $1.99 junk out of China.

Reactions: Highrpm955
Let's put it this way........
Rode have the expertise in the audio industry and thoroughly understand the engineering behind what makes a great sound capturing device and ....er......DJI Don't! :p
I have used much more expensive Rode suspension systems and mics on broadcast cameras and they outperform Sennheisers using Rycote blimps and deadcats.
I wouldn't hesitate in using anything with the Rode name on it.
The flexicrap is a total piece of $1.99 junk out of China.
Agreed....the other thing is, the fact that the fleximic, being rigidity attached to the to the mini jack, offers no acoustic dampening, when attached to the handle. Sounds generated by the gimbal, the fan, your hand all are transferred internally through the handle, to the mic. At least the Rode can be mounted away from the handle and the curly cord offers a form of isolation.

I've just received mine - so now I have both. Haven't had a chance to test - but - I think that I will have the following uses:

1) VideoMicro for recording real audio when on a "keep it simple" one person rig

2) Fleximic when all I want is an audio track to sync up with a separate recorded audio - since it will reduce the size of the handheld rig.

I hope I'll get time to test tomorrow - but I'm not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc