Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Focus Handwheel for I2

Reaction score
Hello,

do you know if the Focus Handwheel is compatible with I2 ?

Another thing, I read that HF Focus Remote (not same thing) don't work in 2.4Ghz with master controller. You need to connect HF focus remote to master controller by wire when you focus from X5S.

thanks for your help

The focus handwheel should work with the I2/X5S so long as you purchase the correct Focus Handwheel to canbus 0.3m or 1.2m cable when it becomes available (which is listed on the DJI I2 sales page). The cable that is included with the Focus Handwheel to use with the Osmo doesn't work with the I2 controller.

Yes, confirmed on Friday that they are the same. I have one arriving from Advexure today along with one of each of the cables. The stand is supposedly on backorder.

There is a smaller and a larger cable that are specifically for the Focus on the Inspire 2.

Yes, confirmed on Friday that they are the same. I have one arriving from Advexure today along with one of each of the cables. The stand is supposedly on backorder.

There is a smaller and a larger cable that are specifically for the Focus on the Inspire 2.

Yes, Focus Handwheel for Osmo is fully compatible with Inspire 2, just need the cables.

You are correct. There is a shorter and a longer CAN-BUS Cable for the Focus on an Inspire 2 (30CM vs. 1.2M). The mounting stands are not yet shipping from DJI and are on backorder. Everything else is currently IN STOCK, links below.

Focus Handwheel (Compatible with Inspire 2): DJI Focus Handwheel for Inspire 2 & Osmo - Part 76 | Advexure
Focus Cable for Inspire 2 RC (30CM): DJI Focus Handwheel Inspire 2 Remote Controller CAN Bus Cable (30CM) – Part 30 | Advexure
Focus Cable for Inspire 2 RC (1.2M): DJI Focus Handwheel Inspire 2 Remote Controller CAN Bus Cable (1.2M) - Part 31 | Advexure

Hello all, I was hoping that you could help. I have an Inspire 2 and can't understand the difference between the DJI handwheel for I2 (the larger one with an antenna and buttons) and the smaller hand wheel? Does the larger unit control other areas of the camera other than just focus?

The larger unit is designed for a variety of uses, the Inspire, X5 and X5S cameras only being part of those.

You can buy two variants of the big DJI FOCUS unit (the big one), one has a motor with a gear and strap which can be used to remotely control lenses on big cameras - either cinema or photo. the strap has teeth on it and it's fastened around the focus/zoom/aperture ring on the lens. The motor then couples to the strap (usually by fixing to some rails under the lens) and drives the focus/zoom/aperture ranging mechanically. The DJI Focus unit is used to control the motor remotely - it can do that without needing to be transmitted via the Drone Remote Control. This variant usually found being used with the Ronin and something like the M600 or S800/900 and a DSLR camera.

The second variant is just the Big DJI Focus unit itself (without motor or gear straps) - it can be coupled via a cable to the I1 controller and used to operate either focus and aperture on the X5 series cameras. You can also connect it to the I2 controller (using a different cable to the I1) and control the X5S camera in the same way.

There are a few other features to the DJI Focus unit that the smaller DJI Focus Handwheel doesn't have like electronic preset position memories and the ability to change between focus and aperture adjustment using a button on the controller.

The smaller DJI Focus Handwheel connects in to the remote controllers using a smaller (and different) cable to it's big brother, and operates either the aperture or focus on the X5 and X5S cameras - it's a smaller, lighter and cheaper setup dedicated to those cameras and can't be used with the motor+gear strap setup. It also has to be coupled up to the camera or the remote controller using the cable. It doesn't have electronic presets and you need to use DJI Go to switch between Focus pulling and Aperture adjustment.

Basically, unless you're going to fly a bigger rig with some other makers camera/lens on it, you don't really need to pay for the big focus unit. If it's just DJI & the Zenmuse X5 series cameras, then the smaller Handwheel should do you ;)

Think that lot makes sense and is right! It is a bit confusing at first!!! :D

Has anyone received the Focus Handwheel Stand yet? Still waiting on my order from weeks ago and curious if they are shipping at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz