Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI FOCUS

Reaction score
Website
www.urma.ro
For me , this new product is as important as the new X5 camera. I assume it will also be compatible with Ronin and Ronin-M, as long as you have a Micro Fourth Lens on it. Really curios about its price, also an estimated price for X5r.

I doubt it will be compatible with anything else as it requires the camera to have the receiver for it and "be aware" of it, which none of the 3rd party cams you might mount on a Ronin would.

Rumoured prices are $900 for Focus and some simple calculations would suggest around $5700 for the X5R.

Regarding the price of X5R, I also found an information about 8000 dollars with Inspire included, so your estimated price seems to be correct.
But regarding DJI Focus, I think it will definitely work with MFT lenses, mounted on DJI gimbals. The Focus system will communnicate via the P-TAP connector, not connected to the camera itself. Actually there is a video review made at NAB 2015, that clearly explains how this system will work : NAB 2015: DJI challange remote follow focus makers with prototype wireless controller and motor

The Focus system will communicate via the P-TAP connector, not connected to the camera itself.
Yeah sure but that's for the external mechanical drive(s) that physically turn the lens' rings, i.e. same as any other common "bulky" FF.
On the DJI camera you use the same hand controller but no motors are required, the lens' settings are controlled electronically through the camera. That's what won't be available with other cams anytime soon.

Regarding the price of X5R, I also found an information about 8000 dollars with Inspire included, so your estimated price seems to be correct.
But regarding DJI Focus, I think it will definitely work with MFT lenses, mounted on DJI gimbals. The Focus system will communnicate via the P-TAP connector, not connected to the camera itself. Actually there is a video review made at NAB 2015, that clearly explains how this system will work : NAB 2015: DJI challange remote follow focus makers with prototype wireless controller and motor
$8000 indeed. preorder available
DJI Inspire 1 RAW with Two Remote Controllers, SSD & Lens - A Compact Drone with RAW Micro Four Thirds Camera.

For that amount, I figure I could get a s1000+ with A2, Ronin-M, mount, Blackmagic Pocket or Micro. Any thought on pros and cons of either route?

$8000 indeed. preorder available
DJI Inspire 1 RAW with Two Remote Controllers, SSD & Lens - A Compact Drone with RAW Micro Four Thirds Camera.

For that amount, I figure I could get a s1000+ with A2, Ronin-M, mount, Blackmagic Pocket or Micro. Any thought on pros and cons of either route?

Once you start directly competing in the price point of the S1000, it gets tough. You get motor redundancy with the S1000 when lifting such expensive gear and the redundancy also is looked at in commerical applications for safety.

Reactions: PB30X
Just saw an interview with Michael Perry on Newsshooter.
It seems we can purchase two versions of DJI Focus.
One, compatible only with DJI Inspire, around 1100 euros, and it will include only the DJI Focus controller, which will communicate with the lens via DJI GO app.
The other version will be around 2200 euros and will include also a wireless module with lens motors, compatible with DJI Ronin etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido