Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go App freaks out while flying Inspire Pro x5

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I've seen a few times where the app will cycle through or keeps refreshing (record button, the camera when either trying to take a photo and sometimes after starting to record video). I loose access to all camera settings (see below Safe to Fly) and the start and stop button makes the noise as if its starting and stopping. It eventually returns to normal after about 30 seconds and I do retain all flight controls through the whole process. I've discovered that no recording is taking place when its freaking out.

Yes I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I'm still trying to troubleshoot the cause but it might be related to buggy software. (App Version 2.4.3)

8LOvN4j.png

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I've seen a few times where the app will cycle through or keeps refreshing (record button, the camera when either trying to take a photo and sometimes after starting to record video). I loose access to all camera settings (see below Safe to Fly) and the start and stop button makes the noise as if its starting and stopping. It eventually returns to normal after about 30 seconds and I do retain all flight controls through the whole process. I've discovered that no recording is taking place when its freaking out.

Yes I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. I'm still trying to troubleshoot the cause but it might be related to buggy software. (App Version 2.4.3)

8LOvN4j.png
Have you checked:
The gimbal contact pins to ensure none of them are bent (even very slightly)?
Tried another USB lead?

Have you checked:
The gimbal contact pins to ensure none of them are bent (even very slightly)?
Tried another USB lead?
Its a brand new unit so the pins should not be an issue. Also experienced the same issue on a regular inspire with a different cable that we know works.

Its a brand new unit so the pins should not be an issue. Also experienced the same issue on a regular inspire with a different cable that we know works.
Not seen this - do you have Hardware Decode set the same on both? I would try both on and off.
I actually leave mine on using an Air 2 iPad as I think it improves latency slightly.

It started with Hardware Decode enabled. So I did some research and it said to disable that. So both options give me the same result.

Hmmmmm...not seen or heard of this before (other than the known uninstall/install fix for the app bombing out).

Something strange going on with your setup as otherwise I think a lot of people would be shouting since many run the iPad Air 2 (myself included).

Hmmmmm...not seen or heard of this before (other than the known uninstall/install fix for the app bombing out).

Something strange going on with your setup as otherwise I think a lot of people would be shouting since many run the iPad Air 2 (myself included).
Yeah not sure what the problem is. Guess I'm special. :rolleyes:

The issue Im having is the gimble is not level with the horizon when I take off. I always have to adjust it. Have you seen that before?

The issue Im having is the gimble is not level with the horizon when I take off. I always have to adjust it. Have you seen that before?
Only from a badly calibrated IMU. Some aircraft can do with a little 'help' with a shim on one side or the other (a few sheets of paper) as the surface you are calibrating on maybe level but the Inspire isn't!
You can usually tell if this is the case as the aircraft can drift slightly in P-Atti with no wind always in the same direction. If that happens shim on the opposite side and recalibrate.

Only from a badly calibrated IMU. Some aircraft can do with a little 'help' with a shim on one side or the other (a few sheets of paper) as the surface you are calibrating on maybe level but the Inspire isn't!
You can usually tell if this is the case as the aircraft can drift slightly in P-Atti with no wind always in the same direction. If that happens shim on the opposite side and recalibrate.
Where is the IMU calibration option now. I can not find it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44