Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go App not connecting to RC

Reaction score
Finally have some time to go flying again.

Updated my AC to the latest FW (as of 9-15-15).

Both RC and AC were on FW Pre-1.3. I think they were both on FW v1.2.1.06

Had no issues updating AC to FW v1.4.0.10 (text file says Success!)

But I loaded FWv1.3.0 onto a MS-dos formatted mSD card and upon startup the RC would not recognize it. In doing some reading, it looks like starting at v1.3, RC updates are handled through the DJI GO app.

So I figured the problem would be with the APP. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO app and signed in. RC and APP still don't recognize each other. Usually when I plug the USB in, the iPad would at least ask me if I "trust this computer?". It doesn't say that anymore either.

Any feedback folks?

Thanks

But I loaded FWv1.3.0 onto a MS-dos formatted mSD card and upon startup the RC would not recognize it. In doing some reading, it looks like starting at v1.3, RC updates are handled through the DJI GO app.

So I figured the problem would be with the APP. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO app and signed in. RC and APP still don't recognize each other. Usually when I plug the USB in, the iPad would at least ask me if I "trust this computer?". It doesn't say that anymore either.

Any feedback folks?

Thanks
Try updating your rc with 1.3
either with a pen drive ,usb thumb drive or connect the cable to the back of the camera and rc..

Thanks Turbo -

I tried the thumb drive idea but no luck. Can I plug a cable from the back of the camera into the remote if they are running two different firmwares? I thought there was a warning about that on the DJI page - that the latest firmware package is only for the AC and that the FW for the RC is still 1.3

Thanks Turbo -

I tried the thumb drive idea but no luck. Can I plug a cable from the back of the camera into the remote if they are running two different firmwares? I thought there was a warning about that on the DJI page - that the latest firmware package is only for the AC and that the FW for the RC is still 1.3
Revert back to 1.3 on your ac and then try and load it to your camera and then rc..
also try the aviators patch to see if the port wakes up..
one pilot took a few attempts to get 1.3 working. .
I've heard of pilots deleting and reinstalling the go app to get the port working. .the key is to make sure you erase all files ..
You might have read my post about having the same issue...i believe if I could or would have tried to get the 1.3 update into my rc it would have avoided a trip to dji la..

I sure hope you get it fixed. I had this issue straight out of the brand new box. I tried various android and apple devices and none of them would get the request to gain access. The controller would power them up fine. But no app communication. I had to send the brand new never used before controller to Dji service. I sent it in on July 16th and it still has not returned!!! It's been 8 weeks without a controller.

Is the controller still paired to the aircraft? When you power both up does the controller led turn green? If it stays red try re-pairing the controller to the aircraft. Here's instructions how too.
How to Manually Bind Aircraft and Remote Controller | DJI Inspire Forum

If you can't manually pair the controller to the aircraft, and you can't connect to it with a mobile device, I'm afraid it's toast.

I'm praying you get it fixed yourself and that you have a 2nd controller.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Any feedback folks?

Thanks

I had similar symptoms when my Inspire first arrived. As it turns out, my RC had a faulty USB port out of the box. I remember reading somewhere (no clue where) that it's an oddly failure-prone component... sent back to DJI, returned pretty quickly, and it's worked well since.

I've heard of people leaving the cable plugged into the RC permanently, to avoid 'cycles' on the connector - sounds a bit excessive to me, but I may eat my words down the line.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I have also had issues were the app will randomly fail to connect to the RC but it usually comes back If force quit the app and reopen it.

Revert back to 1.3 on your ac and then try and load it to your camera and then rc..
also try the aviators patch to see if the port wakes up..
one pilot took a few attempts to get 1.3 working. .
I've heard of pilots deleting and reinstalling the go app to get the port working. .the key is to make sure you erase all files ..
You might have read my post about having the same issue...i believe if I could or would have tried to get the 1.3 update into my rc it would have avoided a trip to dji la..
whats the aviators patch @turbodronepilot

I had similar symptoms when my Inspire first arrived. As it turns out, my RC had a faulty USB port out of the box. I remember reading somewhere (no clue where) that it's an oddly failure-prone component... sent back to DJI, returned pretty quickly, and it's worked well since.

I've heard of people leaving the cable plugged into the RC permanently, to avoid 'cycles' on the connector - sounds a bit excessive to me, but I may eat my words down the line.
Would recommend using something like this (the USB module/connector is a very weak point).....

For those who have had issues with USB module (or think they might)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD