Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji Go , camera heading display???

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new here. I dont own an inspire...yet. But i am considering buying one.
Does the DJI go app give any indication of the heading of the camera? If you pan the camera around, is there any indication on the app?
Christian

Hi,
Does the DJI go app give any indication of the heading of the camera? If you pan the camera around, is there any indication on the app?
Christian
Hi and welcome to Inspirepilots.

Yes, the app shows a small graphic displayed as green cone to show where the camera is pointing. It is distinct and different to the 'Arrow' which shows the orientation of the aircraft.

Reactions: Christian Onyando
Hi,
Christian
Hi Christian, Welcome to the forum.

The DJI GO app indicates the direction the camera is pointing by the green fan in the 'radar' display in the bottom left corner and on the map display. This screen shot shows it pointing forward, but it can show the angle between the aircraft axis and the camera. Also the radar display the position of the gimbal in relation to the aircraft with a warning when the gimbal reaches its limits. There is no angular measurement display (ie. in degrees). Note: the blue artificial horizon on the radar display shows the I1 in roll and pitch compensating for the strong wind on the day.

IMG_0162.jpg

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join the group and like Christian (now), I know in which direction the camera's heading is in relation to the aircraft however I need the heading of the aircraft in degrees.
I plan to use it for triangulation of fire in forests using an aftermarket gimbal (so gimbal heading wont be supplied) and it stays locked to the nose of the aircraft anyway. I have used the Autopilot app and it shows heading very nicely BUT!.......Due to the aftermarket gimbal and HDMI video encoder, no video is passed to the Autopilot app as they say its not supported.
So back to DJI Go app and hope someone out there has been able to pull the heading info out of the data stream to display on the DJI app....Can anyone help please?

Hi Christian, Welcome to the forum.

The DJI GO app indicates the direction the camera is pointing by the green fan in the 'radar' display in the bottom left corner and on the map display. This screen shot shows it pointing forward, but it can show the angle between the aircraft axis and the camera. Also the radar display the position of the gimbal in relation to the aircraft with a warning when the gimbal reaches its limits. There is no angular measurement display (ie. in degrees). Note: the blue artificial horizon on the radar display shows the I1 in roll and pitch compensating for the strong wind on the day.

View attachment 3731

If you did need the pitch of the camera in degrees it is provided in Healthy Drones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo