Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

DJI GO crashes on iPad Air2

Discussion in 'DJI Go App' started by RotoRanger, Jan 1, 2016.

1. RotoRanger

Has anyone seen this one? I'm running the 2.4.3 version of DJI GO on a wifi iPad Air2 and every time I try to go into camera mode, the app crashes. This happens whether or not I'm connected to the controller. When the aircraft is on and the iPad is connected to the controller, you can launch the app and it says that it is connected to the aircraft and the "Camera" button is lit, but as soon as you tap camera, the app hangs for a bit, then crashes back to the main iPad screen. My android tablet works just fine. Any ideas?

2. Blue Bird

Have you tried to reinstall the Go App on your air and also do you have the latest IOS?

3. RotoRanger

Yes, my iOS load is up to date, but I haven't tried the "delete and reinstall" method yet because I'd like to save my settings and stored photos/videos. I understand that they will be wiped out along with the app when I delete it. Yes, I have copies of those flights on my SD card and downloaded to my computer, but having them on the smart device is nice. I was hoping someone might have seen this issue before and that would save me from having to do a reinstall.

4. Blue Bird

That's understood, but you can back up all of that using Itunes to download all of your Go App Data. Then do the new install of the Go App.

5. Alastair

Under General Settings, bottom tab, under "camera" make sure "Enable Hardware Decode" switch is off. iPads do not require this to be activated and others have reported crashes when it is on.

#5 Alastair, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  6. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

As Bluebird says above - this is a known issue and uninstalling and reinstalling the app will solve the problem.

Blue Bird likes this.
  7. DennisR

You need to do a reinstall. No way around it. Most of us have been through this.

8. GizaDog

9. Alastair

You want that switch off if using iOS.

10. GizaDog

That is correct. I was just providing the screen shot for some not knowing where that option is located in the app.

11. Alastair

Thought so.

12. RotoRanger

*Sigh...* Known issue eh? Well, that tears it. Reinstall it is. Thanks to everyone for the speedy and informative replies. This forum always comes through, usually with the actual solution, but if not, always with more ideas and a good direction to move in to attempt to solve the problem. I'll post my results soon. Thanks again all!!

Blue Bird and The Editor like this.
  13. Highrpm955

Can you elaborate on this for iOS?

14. RotoRanger

Well, that fixed it. Uninstall and reinstall was the answer. Evidently something got corrupted during the last update of the app and it was crashing on camera access. Thanks again to everyone who responded with suggestions and information! I'm back to running w/2 controllers again!

Blue Bird and The Editor like this.
  15. lake_flyer

I would like to know more about that too. I have switched hardware decode on and off many times but never noticed any change in behaviour with my iPad Mini2.