Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO crashes on iPad Air2

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this one? I'm running the 2.4.3 version of DJI GO on a wifi iPad Air2 and every time I try to go into camera mode, the app crashes. This happens whether or not I'm connected to the controller. When the aircraft is on and the iPad is connected to the controller, you can launch the app and it says that it is connected to the aircraft and the "Camera" button is lit, but as soon as you tap camera, the app hangs for a bit, then crashes back to the main iPad screen. My android tablet works just fine. Any ideas?

Has anyone seen this one? I'm running the 2.4.3 version of DJI GO on a wifi iPad Air2 and every time I try to go into camera mode, the app crashes. This happens whether or not I'm connected to the controller. When the aircraft is on and the iPad is connected to the controller, you can launch the app and it says that it is connected to the aircraft and the "Camera" button is lit, but as soon as you tap camera, the app hangs for a bit, then crashes back to the main iPad screen. My android tablet works just fine. Any ideas?
Have you tried to reinstall the Go App on your air and also do you have the latest IOS?

Have you tried to reinstall the Go App on your air and also do you have the latest IOS?
Yes, my iOS load is up to date, but I haven't tried the "delete and reinstall" method yet because I'd like to save my settings and stored photos/videos. I understand that they will be wiped out along with the app when I delete it. Yes, I have copies of those flights on my SD card and downloaded to my computer, but having them on the smart device is nice. I was hoping someone might have seen this issue before and that would save me from having to do a reinstall.

Yes, my iOS load is up to date, but I haven't tried the "delete and reinstall" method yet because I'd like to save my settings and stored photos/videos. I understand that they will be wiped out along with the app when I delete it. Yes, I have copies of those flights on my SD card and downloaded to my computer, but having them on the smart device is nice. I was hoping someone might have seen this issue before and that would save me from having to do a reinstall.
That's understood, but you can back up all of that using Itunes to download all of your Go App Data. Then do the new install of the Go App.

Under General Settings, bottom tab, under "camera" make sure "Enable Hardware Decode" switch is off. iPads do not require this to be activated and others have reported crashes when it is on.

Last edited:
As Bluebird says above - this is a known issue and uninstalling and reinstalling the app will solve the problem.

Reactions: Blue Bird
wNqxtFu.png

As Bluebird says above - this is a known issue and uninstalling and reinstalling the app will solve the problem.
*Sigh...* Known issue eh? Well, that tears it. Reinstall it is. Thanks to everyone for the speedy and informative replies. This forum always comes through, usually with the actual solution, but if not, always with more ideas and a good direction to move in to attempt to solve the problem. I'll post my results soon. Thanks again all!!

Well, that fixed it. Uninstall and reinstall was the answer. Evidently something got corrupted during the last update of the app and it was crashing on camera access. Thanks again to everyone who responded with suggestions and information! I'm back to running w/2 controllers again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08