Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI GO for Android just updated - version 2.0.2

Reaction score
I think DJI just quietly updated the Android app. My Shield just got the update dated August 17th. The DJI Downloads page still lists version 2.0.0.
Maybe some of the multiple crashes and loss of video will go away with this one. I'll try it out shortly.

Still doesn't work for me, looks like it did at first with the splash/ad screen then crashed. Now crashs right on startup.

Running lollipop on note 3

It crashed every time I started it on my S5, but after deleting and reinstalling it worked.

I'd like to see more "time lapse" (intervalometer) options. Should give 1, 2, 5 seconds, not 10 as shortest interval.

OH DJI you're such a master in developping software:confused::confused:.Oh I allready know you have stocks from Apple!

I had multiple crashes in flight on 2.0.0. Have yet to fly on 2.0.2 but with initial workings on the ground props off, seems a lot more stable than 2.0.0 though

"You need to remove the Pilot App folder from your tablet/smartphone then reinstall the Go App.
Download ES file explorer from the play store and use it to locate the DJI folder, delete it and then reinstall the DJI GO app.
I also turned off local caching inside the GO APP and I have no issue at all now with the GO App."

(from DJI forum)
This worked for me. Amber gets the prize! I tried simply deleting DJI Pilot, that does not work, You have to use ES Explorer.

I have the new Samsung Tab S 8.4 i get a drop down that says :
unable to find software on your computer that can recognize your device.Service pack 3, windows media player, version 10 or higher or android file
you can download and install Kies on your computer in order to sync data with your devise back up data and upgrade your devise.

no idea how to do this but my note 4 with the dji app works perfect

Tim S

thanks for your post.

I have tried out the Go App/Es Explorer download etc as per your instructions and it appears a lot better.

I have only tested it without flying but seems its fixed it. Nice one. Another top bloke on here. Todays TB(Top Bloke) prize goes to you sir.

Prior to switching to GO Crap(sorry APP....) I never had any lag/drop every since I have been flying inspire(since Jan) on Android on Nvidia.

Always having a back up,keeping things safe and lastly keeping things simple works in almost any endeavour/sport/profession you may care to mention in my experience.

Oh DJI why oh why have all that social media nonsense in the GO "CRAP" APP?

Maybe as has already been mentioned on here have a Pilot APP for people who want to use the Inspire in a professional capacity and offer the GO "CRAP" APP to little Johnny aged 15 in his shell suit who wants to share a wiggle,wobbly screen with his "followers" on youtube. They will not mind if its over/under exposed/drops footage etc etc.....

How about it?

Maybe as has already been mentioned on here have a Pilot APP for people who want to use the Inspire in a professional capacity and offer the GO "CRAP" APP to little Johnny aged 15 in his shell suit who wants to share a wiggle,wobbly screen with his "followers" on youtube. They will not mind if its over/under exposed/drops footage etc etc.....

How about it?

Ohhhhh.....harsh......but fair. Gets my vote :p
I cannot see any reason whatsoever why anyone who uses the Inspire as a serious tool of work would ever have need of "FaceSpace, MeTube,Social Netnotworking rubbish"
Its a useless gimmick thought up by DJI to cram in another feature.

OK....rant over. :mad:

Reactions: IrishSights
Tim S

thanks for your post.

I have tried out the Go App/Es Explorer download etc as per your instructions and it appears a lot better.

I have only tested it without flying but seems its fixed it. Nice one. Another top bloke on here. Todays TB(Top Bloke) prize goes to you sir.

Prior to switching to GO Crap(sorry APP....) I never had any lag/drop every since I have been flying inspire(since Jan) on Android on Nvidia.

Always having a back up,keeping things safe and lastly keeping things simple works in almost any endeavour/sport/profession you may care to mention in my experience.

How about it?
100% agree

This sounds promising. I'm about to receive my replacement Nvidia Shield so I haven't updated the the App or the firmware. My firmware is the last one before the DJI App changed. Everything is going well with no issues with what I have now but after reading this, I guess I need to completely delete the old DJI App and remove the old DJI folder and start fresh to avoid any issues.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to move the old DJI app to my new Nvidia Tablet? I'm guess not. I guess I'll soon be messing with something that is perfectly good and rolling the dice that the upgrade goes without any issues.

Hello Fangs,
There´s indeed a way to transfer the old DJI app. If you still have the old tablet, go to play store and look for an app that make apps backup (there´s a lot, if you google app backup in android, you'll see). Then it makes an APK from the app, and you can transfer for the new tablet, and install from the APK. Just make sure that in configurations the checkbox, under security, the install from unknown sources is checked!

Hope that helps!
Joao

I would not be so quick to jump to the new app if I were you.

The new app does not work with my Samsung S4 Android phone. When I bought the Inspire 1 I also bought two controllers and wanted to use my existing display devices with the new controllers. Although the S4 was not listed as one of the supported phones it has been working fine for 6 months up until the new app was introduced. I downloaded the new app and my phone instantly no longer work to fly the Inspire. Let me quickly add at this point that this new app does work with my new iPad Air 2. The words camera view does appear on this app on this iPad. After talking to their support people “Tom”, he said my phone was not an approved and supported phone and I would have to get one that is on their list of supported devices. So I conceded and set out to buy a device that was on their supported list.

Last week I bought a new tablet for $250 the Nexus 7 II. This morning I talk with Jim in support because the new Nexus 7 II also is not working with this new app and it is acting exactly like my Samsung S4. The app never gets into camera view. They could not explain why it was not working and that the people in support had never use the Nexus 7 II to fly the inspire one so they had no history of that ever working in their shop. They had no explanation why it's not working and want me to go back to Samsung and find out why not . As if I new how to contact the powers at Samsung and that I could even begin to explain the problem. I thought it was a better idea to contact the person who wrote that the Nexus 7 II was one approved and supported device to call me. Since no one at DJI support in the US has such a device. I suspect they will not follow up on this and just wish I would just go away and they will never talk to anybody up the chain about my problem. I am no longer a prospect but simply a customer.

I wish DJI did a better job of communicating with their customers instead of surprising them with new firmware and apps. We get no warning about what the consequences is going to be or benefits. No mention of the features we are going to lose with the new firmware or what's coming up down the road . They use the word “required” when it comes to the firmware updates with no explanation of why there are new updates and what they are going to do to the features of flight. When I spend $4,000 for something I expect better service than this.

Since DJI Support does not have access to a Nexus 7II does anybody on this forum used the Nexus 7 II? And what has your experience been? To shortcut the first question I know I'll get I have tried it with and without the “debugging ”. What android devices do we know that actually works?

J. H. Leonard

I would not be so quick to jump to the new app if I were you.

The new app does not work with my Samsung S4 Android phone. When I bought the Inspire 1 I also bought two controllers and wanted to use my existing display devices with the new controllers. Although the S4 was not listed as one of the supported phones it has been working fine for 6 months up until the new app was introduced. I downloaded the new app and my phone instantly no longer work to fly the Inspire. Let me quickly add at this point that this new app does work with my new iPad Air 2. The words camera view does appear on this app on this iPad. After talking to their support people “Tom”, he said my phone was not an approved and supported phone and I would have to get one that is on their list of supported devices. So I conceded and set out to buy a device that was on their supported list.

Last week I bought a new tablet for $250 the Nexus 7 II. This morning I talk with Jim in support because the new Nexus 7 II also is not working with this new app and it is acting exactly like my Samsung S4. The app never gets into camera view. They could not explain why it was not working and that the people in support had never use the Nexus 7 II to fly the inspire one so they had no history of that ever working in their shop. They had no explanation why it's not working and want me to go back to Samsung and find out why not . As if I new how to contact the powers at Samsung and that I could even begin to explain the problem. I thought it was a better idea to contact the person who wrote that the Nexus 7 II was one approved and supported device to call me. Since no one at DJI support in the US has such a device. I suspect they will not follow up on this and just wish I would just go away and they will never talk to anybody up the chain about my problem. I am no longer a prospect but simply a customer.

I wish DJI did a better job of communicating with their customers instead of surprising them with new firmware and apps. We get no warning about what the consequences is going to be or benefits. No mention of the features we are going to lose with the new firmware or what's coming up down the road . They use the word “required” when it comes to the firmware updates with no explanation of why there are new updates and what they are going to do to the features of flight. When I spend $4,000 for something I expect better service than this.

Since DJI Support does not have access to a Nexus 7II does anybody on this forum used the Nexus 7 II? And what has your experience been? To shortcut the first question I know I'll get I have tried it with and without the “debugging ”. What android devices do we know that actually works?

J. H. Leonard

Hi Jim,
I use a Nexus 7II since the very beginning without any issue.
But yesterday after 4 successful flights (as usual) the go app did not allow to connect with the aircraft itself. I tried a lot of times without success. I don't know what happened because nothing changed with the first flights.

Back home I uninstalled the app, deleted the DJI folders and downloaded go app.... now seems fine

Hi Lucadeceres,

I followed what you did. I had not deleted the DJI folder so I did this time but it still never gave me the scren that has the words "Camera View". Did you screen look like any of these shots of the Nexus 7 II?

Attachments

• 20150904_135602.pdf
    305.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20150904_135508.pdf
    308.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 20150904_135257.pdf
    333.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20150904_135146.pdf
    276.4 KB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads