Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go iOS App v2.4.0 released

Reaction score
v2.4.0 now released for Apple via iTunes Store (Not on DJI Site yet) - Go fill your boots !!

More pointless cr*p added - It's now getting like bloody FaceSpace where you follow your friends :rolleyes:
Oh - and you can add soundtracks to videos of any length...Utter bloatware!
And support for 'The Stick'

I do wish DJI would get it into their heads that nobody is actually interested in this mindless social media tosh within their flying platforms software :mad:

Enjoy.......

The rc firmware 1.4.30 is updated thru the Pilot app now. The whole process took less than 5 min. And it went flawlessly.

I was just on the DJI website and saw no mention of a Firmware update. Do we know what it addresses on this go-around?
Added some X5 functionality and another little nugget:

Press and hold the C1 button then use the gimbal dial to carry out manual focus for X5.
And.......Press and hold the C2 button then use the camera setting dial to trim the roll movement of the gimbal. - Now THAT is useful !!:)

Press and hold the C2 button then use the camera setting dial
Yep I can see the benefit in that.
And agree the app has more of what's not needed, unless your very social, counts me out. :) Can I see a growing list here, click the update that applies, another year we'll be thumbing through pages of DJI products to find the right one. :rolleyes:

that fact is .. software that performs well AND has 'social connectivity' raises the stock value. whenever investors were inspecting my software, that question was always in the first 5 minutes. the trick is to make it 'non-invasive' to the core mission.

something I would like to see is .. 'Automatic Profiles' for the camera's automatic setting. THIS, I could use.

that fact is .. software that performs well AND has 'social connectivity' raises the stock value. whenever investors were inspecting my software, that question was always in the first 5 minutes. the trick is to make it 'non-invasive' to the core mission.

something I would like to see is .. 'Automatic Profiles' for the camera's automatic setting. THIS, I could use.

Hmmmm... dont see FaceSpace, selfie upload camera on a stick crap in the Alta Freefly systems at all? They seem to be doing OK :p
Its very clear DJI are now concentrating all their efforts and marketing towards the zit infested brain dead hoodie wearing Radio Shack/Maplin Electronics "My First Drone" brigade. :mad:

Wonder if DJI is ever going to listen to serious pilots.I don't think so.
Very good review from you Editor.;)
It's that I'm not with Apple,but even for Android it would be useless.
I think I've had my last update awhile ago and stick to this.

I've switched my ipad to airplane mode. As the wheels come off DJI in their ongoing drone crippling program I'll watch from the sidelines. I can live without the maps, and their logbook thing was always pretty dumb. If it comes to it I'll just take the feed off the HDMI port to a monitor, but I am done with poorly documented "improvements" that we have to go out and fly with to discover how they work.

FYI there are reports that they have lowered (again) the power output of the RC with this update.

Some folks with power amp boosters now can't get the amps to light up due to no input signal detected.

Your mileage may vary....if I can a confirmation from DJI or others with the same issue I'll report back.

FYI there are reports that they have lowered (again) the power output of the RC with this update.

Some folks with power amp boosters now can't get the amps to light up due to no input signal detected.

Your mileage may vary....if I can a confirmation from DJI or others with the same issue I'll report back.
That would make no sense since most (civilised) countries allow 100mW/20dba EIRP legally in any case?!

That would make no sense since most (civilised) countries allow 100mW/20dba EIRP legally in any case?!

Not sure. More reports of video loss after vastly shortened distances in other forums as well.

You certified guys don't fly further than about 200ft anyway but some folks will be pretty upset if true.

Maybe just some bad RC's.

Let's see how it plays out.

Not sure. More reports of video loss after vastly shortened distances in other forums as well.

You certified guys don't fly further than about 200ft anyway but some folks will be pretty upset if true.

Maybe just some bad RC's.

Let's see how it plays out.

200ft :eek: are you mad?..... Would never take it out that far. Managed 10ft away from me once but got very nervous so landed quickly.

What I know is that in Remote controller firmware there are only minor changes (still possible only output power was reduced and the C buttons function extended. However I use long hold C button functionality already a long time with 3rd party software) and Image transmitter firmware did not change at all.

I rootet my tablet and will put a firewall on it and put all servers dji uses there not to get a unwanted surprise.

Reactions: purezerg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG