Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Go iOS App v2.4.0 released

Hmmmm... dont see FaceSpace, selfie upload camera on a stick crap in the Alta Freefly systems at all? They seem to be doing OK :p
Its very clear DJI are now concentrating all their efforts and marketing towards the zit infested brain dead hoodie wearing Radio Shack/Maplin Electronics "My First Drone" brigade. :mad:
Sadly DJI will be making a ton more money than freefly based on these cutesy features.

Reactions: The Editor
I wish DJI would make firmware for workers, ie government, and commercial people that is streamlined without all the fluff and bloatware, and one for the people that feel the need to show everyone they are taking a crap in the forest from 30 ft in the air. How hard would that be?

I wish DJI would make firmware for workers, ie government, and commercial people that is streamlined without all the fluff and bloatware, and one for the people that feel the need to show everyone they are taking a crap in the forest from 30 ft in the air. How hard would that be?
Frank Wang obviously thinks everyone wants a dronie and has a need to stream it directly to FaceSpace in real time at the resolution of a potato. :rolleyes:

Reactions: damoncooper
Frank Wang obviously thinks everyone wants a dronie and has a need to stream it directly to FaceSpace in real time at the resolution of a potato. :rolleyes:

If they are gonna call the Inspire a professional rig, then it needs professional firmware. Save the fluffy bloatware for the newbie Phantom crashers.

When you end up with a lock up due to some of the bloat ware **** what recourse do you have after a crash related to it?

Or are they guaranteeing at least the crash footage streamed too facepie will increase your fake friend list!?

Time we all jacked GO in favour of the real fan ware!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
v2.4.0 now released for Apple via iTunes Store (Not on DJI Site yet) - Go fill your boots !!

More pointless cr*p added - It's now getting like bloody FaceSpace where you follow your friends :rolleyes:
Oh - and you can add soundtracks to videos of any length...Utter bloatware!
And support for 'The Stick'

I do wish DJI would get it into their heads that nobody is actually interested in this mindless social media tosh within their flying platforms software :mad:

Enjoy.......
The point is not social media as much as advertising. But you're right, it should not be in flight software. Maybe they can have their free training software and put all that stuff in it, and in the official version that you get with your aircraft it's removed.

Reactions: The Editor
Macho man why do you want to put a firewall? what kind of unwanted surprises could happen? Could you clarify that a little more? I'm a junior pilot and I'm getting a little scared.

Macho man why do you want to put a firewall? what kind of unwanted surprises could happen? Could you clarify that a little more? I'm a junior pilot and I'm getting a little scared.

Basically, he's made sure that none of his firmware will ever upgrade itself unexpectedly by taking away any access the aircraft has to get updates.
With each "upgrade" seeming to take more and more usefulness away from these craft, adding more and more restrictions, and now potentially having also reduced the transmitter power, it would appear to be a smart thing to do to ensure you can't ever end up with a firmware update installing itself by the aircraft or tablet etc noticing that it needs updating, and connecting itself via his wifi/cellular/home connection to upgrade itself for him..

Reactions: huppe
This is, without a doubt, one of the most disheartening threads I have read in a long time. :(

It's been a long time since I last updated my firmware (as I've seen no need to), and I can say I'm glad that's the case. It's most unfortunate this is the course they have chosen to follow.

Reactions: Iceman
Hmmmm... dont see FaceSpace, selfie upload camera on a stick crap in the Alta Freefly systems at all? They seem to be doing OK :p
Its very clear DJI are now concentrating all their efforts and marketing towards the zit infested brain dead hoodie wearing Radio Shack/Maplin Electronics "My First Drone" brigade. :mad:

Editor I'm new to inspire taking my first flight tomorrow (have a Phantom 2 for a year and Rc helis background)
videos show the go app with editor,etc on my Ipad all i got is camera can find the flight simulator etc , any Ideas that can help
Thanks Mariano

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSVGraciel