Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia DJI Go v3.00 C1 and C2 mapping

Reaction score
Website
vimeopro.com
having installed do go 3 on my slave controller, I have confirmed that we can no longer assign gimbal tilt/pan toggle to C2 switch for the LH rotating control.

As that is so. How is solo operation of the Inspire Pro any different to a Phantom 3? (apart from a better camera)

What is the point of having legs that raise if you can't pan the camera?

Or am I missing some other control that lets me pan the gimbal?

For the moment I am leaving my main controller on the old version of dji go.

having installed do go 3 on my slave controller, I have confirmed that we can no longer assign gimbal tilt/pan toggle to C2 switch for the LH rotating control.

As that is so. How is solo operation of the Inspire Pro any different to a Phantom 3? (apart from a better camera)

For the time being I would suggest using the finger on the screen option to control the camera in both axis.

It never fails to astound me how DJI have such aptitude in removing useful and sometimes vital features and introducing totally useless ones (FaceSpace and PooTube streaming and 'selfie' modes for example)

Thank you for the suggestion Ed. I do know about the finger on the screen, but don't usually have a finger free when I fly - controlling height with the left stick and forward speed with the right stick. OK if I was static, using the beast as an aerial tripod.

Maybe I have missed something here but you say you are talking about the slave controller, yes? Then the sticks control the camera gimbal. Single operator I can see the loss of C1 for switching as being a big loss however.

I think I read here or elsewhere that the switch functions are cleared in the update and just need reassigned. I'm all one version of everything behind, thankfully, until they get these niggles sorted.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

I do know about the finger on the screen, but don't usually have a finger free when I fly - controlling height with the left stick and forward speed with the right stick.

Don't understand... you're complaining about loss of buttons on the slave, then saying you can't use your finger becasue you're flying the aircraft - but that's done with the master, the operator on the slave remote would have their finger free.

Just checked on my I1 with latest FW and the latest android app and I do have the choices on the master remote (don't have a slave).

Reactions: zulu
Sorry to confuse you.

I only referred to the slave as that was where I updated to V3 of the DJI app first, and discovered there was no longer an option to select yaw/Tilt for the gimbal.

Therefore, I was not going to update the master, as I would lose that function.

In response to the other comment. I know that the switches get reset after the update, but there is no option in the dropdown to select yaw/Tilt for c1 or c2

Reactions: IrishSights
There isn't on the slave, but switch your slave radio to master mode in the app (or connect the phone with the new app to your master radio) and you'll see it's there.

DJI simply removed the options that don't apply to the slave from the app when it sees a slave radio (if they were there in the first place, not even sure now). On the slave you control pan/tilt with the stick so this option is useless.

Last edited:
Apologies, you are right. It appears that the options are dynamic, depending on the function of the controller. I had updated to V3.0 on my SLAVE, just in case there were problems. The Gimbal option does not appear on the SLAVE in the choices for C1/2. However, V3.0 of the app on the MASTER works as advertised - the gimbal tilt/pan toggle is there. Have to get used to the new layout though. (Not 'useless' on the slave. My camera op would like the option of using the thumbwheel, feeling that there is more subtle control than using the sticks)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk