Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 1 Pre-Order Thread!

Just Pre-orderd with 1 transmitter in Canada from multirotorheli. Haven't decided which battery yet.
Still on my shopping list:

1 x Battery
1 x Case
1 X Goggles

Finally got the ok from my wife to "invest" in the Inspire. Earlier today dronefly.com said available first week of December. Now it says Expected availability: Mid December 2014. So bummed I missed the first round of pre-orders! :eek: Ordered it anyways...

Selling my S900/GH4 and going with the Inspire with 2 radios myself.. Out of all my rigs, I enjoy flying the Phantom the best.. I think the Inspire will be the best professional package out there..

WOW. Bold move, admire your confidence.

Preordered just yesterday. Two transmitters. Already have the Vision 2 with an aftermarket gimbal from DronEXPERT in the Netherlands. Very cool setup and it will be fun having the two drones!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Went to my dealer yesterday. Black Friday what was I thinking. Anyway talked to the tech there about his thoughts on the inspire1 and came away convinced that this is the WTG. I currently hv 3 phantoms. Two vision plus and an fc40 with over 120 flights. Now I'm on the list for an inspire with two controllers. Woohooo. They are slated to recv 12 units in mid dec. Can't wait. Will prob be selling two of the phantoms.

I doubt they will be getting any units at all this year because of the re-design of the lens hood and delays to shipments.

Today I finally pulled the trigger on one with two transmitters on amazon by a third party dealer who is supposedly the largest authorized dji dealer in the u.s. i had called and e mailed scorpion drones to check on the cool carbon fiber versions..but they seem to be chinese and i could not get any clear or good answers after 8 e mails so i gave up on the carbon fiber one..sniff.
one thing i added for $80 is a four year crash protection policy. seems like a very good idea..not clear on all the details but heck,it might make me less nervous about doing longer distance flights.

If you're talking about SmartGuard, note it's not 'crash protection', it's just accidental damage on the camera. It just happens that the vast majority of crashes impact the camera. :)
You can see my review of it on the Phantom forums.

I ordered my i1 with dual controlers on 14/11 but still in the dark as to if I'm going to be seeing it this year.. I'm first wave but that doesn't seem to mean a lot

They have added the shipping company but no tracking number..

Today I finally pulled the trigger on one with two transmitters on amazon by a third party dealer who is supposedly the largest authorized dji dealer in the u.s. i had called and e mailed scorpion drones to check on the cool carbon fiber versions..but they seem to be chinese and i could not get any clear or good answers after 8 e mails so i gave up on the carbon fiber one..sniff.
one thing i added for $80 is a four year crash protection policy. seems like a very good idea..not clear on all the details but heck,it might make me less nervous about doing longer distance flights.

A ton of shops claim to be the biggest.. Just watch who you buy from, any warranty work may be a nightmare to deal with..

If you're talking about SmartGuard, note it's not 'crash protection', it's just accidental damage on the camera. It just happens that the vast majority of crashes impact the camera. :)
You can see my review of it on the Phantom forums.

I called the company and they said amazon should not even offer it for drones. I am sure i know why.
I e emailed them for a refund.

I called the company and they said amazon should not even offer it for drones. I am sure i know why.
I e emailed them for a refund.
I've noticed a pattern here.... if you look at the Amazon comments, it seems that everyone who has called them has been discouraged from getting it, but those who buy and use it have no problems. All of the people who think it's going to cover flyaways(!?!?) or damaged props are ruining it for everyone else. :-\

When you register your protection plan, you have to choose the product on their website - an expansive, but still limited list. All of the DJI Phantoms are in the system, and no other "non-camera" system. It was definitely intended for use with that program.

Ordered Inspire with one controller, thru B&H Nov. 22. First UAV. Just picked up a Propel to practice on. Love photography and plan to take my hobby to new heights.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc