Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia Dji Inspire 1 procedures

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need help from those of you who are certified Drone Operator. I'm applying for a permit as well as to certified myself as a Drone Operator in Singapore. The controlling authority (CAAS) here in Singapore need from me an operating procedures for emergency situation, recovery actions in the event of loss of control of UAV and management of casualties arising from incidents in order to certified me as the DJI Inspire 1 operator.

Can someone or anyone help me with these? A general and simple one will do. I urgently need it before the actual shoot with Guinness Book of Record which is on the 30th Nov 2015.

I can be contacted at [email protected]

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I think you may have left this a little late if you are expecting to have everything done in 10 days (6 working days!)
My understanding is that CAAS take between 2-4 weeks to process an application for a permit (maybe longer) since the laws were passed in June.

Additionally, you are effectively being asked to write a shortened Ops manual for your operations to outline your operational procedures/checklists and safety procedures as well as probably looking at risk assessment breakdown, site survey (to determine the risks involved) as well as having a plan in place involving the use of emergency services in the event of an incident.
As well as this, for a corporation like the Guinness Book of World Records I would imagine they will insist on proof of a comprehensive liability insurance coverage - possible around $10m.

I am not sure this is achievable in the timeframe you have.

I think you may have left this a little late if you are expecting to have everything done in 10 days (6 working days!)
My understanding is that CAAS take between 2-4 weeks to process an application for a permit (maybe longer) since the laws were passed in June.

Additionally, you are effectively being asked to write a shortened Ops manual for your operations to outline your operational procedures/checklists and safety procedures as well as probably looking at risk assessment breakdown, site survey (to determine the risks involved) as well as having a plan in place involving the use of emergency services in the event of an incident.
As well as this, for a corporation like the Guinness Book of World Records I would imagine they will insist on proof of a comprehensive liability insurance coverage - possible around $10m.

I am not sure this is achievable in the timeframe you have.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've done basically everything that CAAS requires (Ops manual operations, operational procedures/checklists and safety procedures, risk assessment, proof of a comprehensive liability insurance coverage (the payout could buy you a house in Sentosa with a yatch) and drone insurance) and the only thing that they need now are the above-mentioned lists (an operating procedures for emergency situation, recovery actions in the event of loss of control of UAV and management of casualties arising from incidents. Which I have no idea how to do it). I've spoken to CAAS earlier today and they are willing to fast process my application as long as i can submit the required list latest by tomorrow. As this is the first time I'm going through proper authorities (usually i fly without it), so I'm kind of lost here. So any kind soul who have the lists in hand or know how to do one could kindly assist me here. Much appreciated!!!

2- 4 weeks LOL--- 7 weeks after completing my course and i had to call twice to get it that quick ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207