Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire 2.0 Crash with X3 camera on

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm posting about a crash that someone I know had with an Inspire in New Zealand. The drone apparently fell out of the sky without any logical explanation. Being myself a very recent DJI Phantom 3 Advanced owner I was really surprised about this crash.

Maybe you guys in the community can help us figure out what happened. This is the last flight the drone took:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

This Inspire crashed in the marsh and was recovered. Let me know if you need more info to investigate this. I myself took a look at things but couldn't find anything weird except some voltage deviations in the cells but this seems to be pretty common. The drone also took two flights prior to that the same day and we will share the info on those two flights if needed.

Thanks for your help!

Hello all,

I'm posting about a crash that someone I know had with an Inspire in New Zealand. The drone apparently fell out of the sky without any logical explanation. Being myself a very recent DJI Phantom 3 Advanced owner I was really surprised about this crash.

Maybe you guys in the community can help us figure out what happened. This is the last flight the drone took:

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

This Inspire crashed in the marsh and was recovered. Let me know if you need more info to investigate this. I myself took a look at things but couldn't find anything weird except some voltage deviations in the cells but this seems to be pretty common. The drone also took two flights prior to that the same day and we will share the info on those two flights if needed.

Thanks for your help!
My guess would be possible CSC command mid flight but without knowing more it is very difficult to say.
Try replaying the flight in the DJI Go up and bring up the stick position graphic. Look carefully at the point of failure at the position of the sticks.

My guess would be possible CSC command mid flight but without knowing more it is very difficult to say.
Try replaying the flight in the DJI Go up and bring up the stick position graphic. Look carefully at the point of failure at the position of the sticks.
You know what I want to say! I shall refrain ,,,,,, lets see how long that lasts!

Sorry to hear about your friends rather expensive loss @ OP

You know what I want to say! I shall refrain ,,,,,, lets see how long that lasts!

We just reviewed the flight on the DJI GO app with the stick position graph... There's no CSC command at any time and the person flying it has years of professional experience flying quadcopters.

World Media, we would be happy to read what you have to say on the subject don't refrain yourself.

I know, but we also know now it wasn't CSC. :)
We just reviewed the flight on the DJI GO app with the stick position graph... There's no CSC command at any time and the person flying it has years of professional experience flying quadcopters.

World Media, we would be happy to read what you have to say on the subject don't refrain yourself.
World Media and I have a differing opinion on whether CSC should be available from just stick position alone. There is a split of opinion on this but as we know now it wasn't CSC in this case we should leave that debate for another day. :(

OK, a few questions.
What firmware was being used on the aircraft/remote?
Approximately what was the level of the battery when this occurred?
Was there an aggressive move being performed at the time of failure (fast climb out etc)?
When was the last battery calibration done?
What was the ambient temperature?

If you can power up the aircraft, pull the DAT files from the rear USB in flight data mode. Post it or a link to the files here.

I know, but we also know now it wasn't CSC. :)

World Media and I have a differing opinion on whether CSC should be available from just stick position alone. There is a split of opinion on this but as we know now it wasn't CSC in this case we should leave that debate for another day. :(

Exactly why I held my breath this time and thought it better to wait and see rather than derail the thread.

Maybe it hit a bird...any footage on camera....did it lose complete power mid air or did camera stay on til impact?

Hi dave! I'm interested on buy some parts of your inspire like your left arm, the gimbal roll motor and maybe your camera shell. Are you interested?

I will pay AU$300 for the marsh monster, exactly the way it is, in its sorry state. Please add delivery costs to Australia! PayPal only. Check out my credentials on eBay: petejohn4

Last edited:
I've heard about a couple of these crashes in the last couple of days.
They sound very similar: video just stopping, and the craft falling. In one case the operator had 2,000 flights and was flying in Flordia, both had app playback videos.

SO on another thread, they discuss data showing the flight controller sensing erroneous prop obstruction info and shutting down the props. Because it was a motor shutdown only, the data continued to be recorded. Your flight data would be interesting to look at

I've heard about a couple of these crashes in the last couple of days.
They sound very similar: video just stopping, and the craft falling. In one case the operator had 2,000 flights and was flying in Flordia, both had app playback videos.

Mark Parrott...the same responsible operator that launches his Inspire from a 15th floor balcony flying over people and cars in FL?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg