Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire Battery Manufacturer

Editor,
Do you have the MSDS on the TB47 also?

Thanks,
steve t
I knew someone was going to ask me that! :p
I will try and get it although it is generally not an issue to fly with the 47's.
As soon as I get it I will post it on this thread.

I get an error trying to download from tapatalk and from the site on an iPad Air 2 using Chrome. Any clues?
That's weird because I have put it on the forum server!
Just tried downloading here on an iPad Air 2 and a PC and all OK.

Just for general information and in case anyone:

• Wanted to know out of curiosity
  • Wanted to print out and have with them for air travel
Here is the MSDS sheet for the TB48's

TB48 5700mAH MSDS .pdf
Just wanted to add that these MSDS's are useful but don't tell the entire story. They hint to the dangers of a fire and the vapors but don't give any details. See my attached advertisement for PlaneGard. There are links to GM and Tesla that know a lot about the dangers of the vapors from a Li-ion battery in thermal runaway. It will explain that the vapors coming from a Li-ion battery fire are poisonous and may even kill you. Some of the by-products of the burning electrolyte are known "neurotoxins" developed first during WWII.
As some of you know, I joined your group because I am a battery expert and know how to cause a battery to catch fire and how to avoid it. I also market a special insulated case (aka PlaneGard) to protect passengers on an airplane from Li-ion battery fires (a burning Li-ion battery is very dangerous in an enclosed space of an airplane or a car). We sell PlaneGard to the airlines and owners of private jets. Some of the private jet people are worried about carrying drone batteries of passengers on their airplanes and therefore say they relax and can store the drone battery in PlaneGard during the flight. Then if the battery just happens to catch fire, the fumes and vapors are fully contained by PlaneGard and its poison gas filters. See www.PlaneGard.com for lots of information and cool videos of battery fires. For what it's worth.........

Attachments

• PlaneGard Ad #3 Hidden Dangers.pdf
    208.9 KB · Views: 16
Just for general information and in case anyone:

• Wanted to know out of curiosity
  • Wanted to print out and have with them for air travel
Here is the MSDS sheet for the TB48's

TB48 5700mAH MSDS .pdf

maybe there is a problem here....
"Figure 1 water based fire extinguisher (Could be used for 36KV electrical fire)" suspect cut and paste :)

"Swallowing a battery can be harmful" :-D
This is true but the warning is specifically about children and 3v lithium coin or button cells. Children swallow them and when in the stomach or esophagus they get immediately exposed to body fluids and the high voltage starts to produce hydrogen gas and acid (-) and oxygen gas and alkali (+). This is very irritating and may burn the soft tissue. Note For those of us that we're crazy and grew up testing 9-volt batteries on our tongues this is why a good battery tastes bitter and a dead battery has no taste. Don't do this at home!!

maybe there is a problem here....
"Figure 1 water based fire extinguisher (Could be used for 36KV electrical fire)" suspect cut and paste :)
That's <36kv electrical fire so I do not see where the problem is.
I think you are misinterpreting what this document is and maybe do not understand the purpose of a MSDS.

Just wanted to add that these MSDS's are useful but don't tell the entire story. They hint to the dangers of a fire and the vapors but don't give any details. See my attached advertisement for PlaneGard. There are links to GM and Tesla that know a lot about the dangers of the vapors from a Li-ion battery in thermal runaway. It will explain that the vapors coming from a Li-ion battery fire are poisonous and may even kill you. Some of the by-products of the burning electrolyte are known "neurotoxins" developed first during WWII.
As some of you know, I joined your group because I am a battery expert and know how to cause a battery to catch fire and how to avoid it. I also market a special insulated case (aka PlaneGard) to protect passengers on an airplane from Li-ion battery fires (a burning Li-ion battery is very dangerous in an enclosed space of an airplane or a car). We sell PlaneGard to the airlines and owners of private jets. Some of the private jet people are worried about carrying drone batteries of passengers on their airplanes and therefore say they relax and can store the drone battery in PlaneGard during the flight. Then if the battery just happens to catch fire, the fumes and vapors are fully contained by PlaneGard and its poison gas filters. See www.PlaneGard.com for lots of information and cool videos of battery fires. For what it's worth.........

You referenced li-ion batteries. Are the ratings the same for li-pos?

You referenced li-ion batteries. Are the ratings the same for li-pos?
Yes. Li-ion and Li-Po are basically the same with the exception that the Li-Po battery has a gelled electrolyte. Both technologies have electrolyte made from things like LiPF6 (a salt) and then propylene or ethylene carbonate (the solvent) or mixtures thereof. In a Li-Po battery a thickening agent has been added to gel the electrolyte and thus turn the liquid electrolyte into a thick goo. Another name for a Li-Po is Li-ion Polymer. Li-ion cells tend to come in metal cans (round or flat) while Li-Po cells tend to use a foil pouch. Both can go into thermal runaway and both can rupture and burn. Li-ion cells have a much higher burst pressure (>150 psi) and therefore tend to have a short (1-2 second) very violent blast and flame period. Li-Po cells have a very low burst pressure (1-2 psi) but the blast and flame period is longer lasting up to 20 seconds. See www.PlaneGard.com to see and compare videos of flaming laptops (Li-ion) or flaming tablets (Li-Po).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin