Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire Battery Mod

Come across a nice little mod today which allows you to to add another battery to your inspire without ripping the battery to bits, to add an extra layer of protection and extra flight time.

DJI inspire 1 battery mod power adaptor on Strikingly

I'll wait until the 15th Nov to see what DJI have planned with the inspire 2, and if I don't see a worthwhile reason to update I'll buy one of these and let you all know if they are any good.

Or if any of you have got one please let us know.

WHY WAIT.... Here's what I have and it works great... When you order, say hello to Ralph for me. DJI Inspire Battery Mod TB48

What's the "battery pre wired set up"? Tom dropped me an email earlier today saying my adapter was shipped yesterday. Hopefully will receive in a week or so.

Does anyone have a link to the lightest batteries you can use with this mod?
I'm not too concerned with extra flight time, my main motive is to add a fraction of extra layer of redundancy.

Lastly, if the main battery DID FAIlL in flight, is there an indication (assuming it goes quietly) that it has failed. I.E. will my battery % plummet so I at least know to get my as back.

Does anyone have a link to the lightest batteries you can use with this mod?
I'm not too concerned with extra flight time, my main motive is to add a fraction of extra layer of redundancy.

Lastly, if the main battery DID FAIlL in flight, is there an indication (assuming it goes quietly) that it has failed. I.E. will my battery % plummet so I at least know to get my as back.

Loads of information on here - Battery Mod Info

woohoo!!! I used two 1300mh and got 23.40 time in the air with a TB48. Normally I struggle to get 17 minutes. Might try two 2200mh but I think there will be a weight penalty. But otherwise very happy! :) And the great thing is you can simply unclip it and swap it to the next battery, without spending big bucks on getting each battery modded. Very cost effective solution. Recommended!!!

Reactions: tcchow
woohoo!!! I used two 1300mh and got 23.40 time in the air with a TB48. Normally I struggle to get 17 minutes. Might try two 2200mh but I think there will be a weight penalty. But otherwise very happy! :) And the great thing is you can simply unclip it and swap it to the next battery, without spending big bucks on getting each battery modded. Very cost effective solution. Recommended!!!

Good news.

What camera did you have attached?

You will still get an uplift in flight time and redundancy, no question. If you are looking for redundancy, which I think you are, go with the 1300mh. They are so light. I know one of the guys here has used a 5200mh. God knows how, the thing is a brick!

You will still get an uplift in flight time and redundancy, no question. If you are looking for redundancy, which I think you are, go with the 1300mh. They are so light. I know one of the guys here has used a 5200mh. God knows how, the thing is a brick!

Yeah, I read that. But mounting becomes problematic when you use a single brick, there are some on here that have done it.

I think terming it as redundancy isn't quite correct, it is more about increased mah. Redundancy would insinuate that they would take over if the main battery died which would require a whole heap of circuitry to achieve that.

With X3 camera and two Lihv 3s Mutistar 4000mah 25minutes flight... Landed at 25%

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar