Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Inspire Battery Mods Now Available @ FlyHighUSA

I do have a question or 2.

What is the turn around time on purchase and shipping? I live in Alabama.

Also, will the mod have any issues with the app as far as in confusing it with battery power it supplies.

Also, could DJI fix it into their system that it wouldn't allow its usage? I ask this because sometimes certain apps will not work on rooted or jailbroken phones. And while this isnt the same thing...the concept is that the developers can pick and choose to do so. Would the batteries be able to be blocked by DJI?

And last, are these official DJI batteries and not knockoffs? Not the additions...just the main battery.
These are really good questions and I'm glad you asked. No the mod does not create any negative issue whatsoever with the app. It has worked perfectly for everyone who has used it. We haven't had the first complaint of any kind. No I do not think it's possible that DJI could create some kind of workaround that would stop us from using the modded batteries. To put it simply all we are really doing is adding mAh to the scenario which gives us longer and more dependable flight times and redundancy.
The batteries we use are 100% brand New DJI batteries with 100% battery life left. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to give me a call 270-473-1409

These are really good questions and I'm glad you asked. No the mod does not create any negative issue whatsoever with the app. It has worked perfectly for everyone who has used it. We haven't had the first complaint of any kind. No I do not think it's possible that DJI could create some kind of workaround that would stop us from using the modded batteries. To put it simply all we are really doing is adding mAh to the scenario which gives us longer and more dependable flight times and redundancy.
The batteries we use are 100% brand New DJI batteries with 100% battery life left. If you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to give me a call 270-473-1409
So, do you( anyone can chime in) think that with this new 30" power pack a v1 of the inspire1 can fly with the 5xr.

So, do you( anyone can chime in) think that with this new 30" power pack a v1 of the inspire1 can fly with the 5xr.
I'm using a pro system as well...not the raw one though. will the added weight affect the motors any? I have notice the winter flying additions they have added for flying and how they can reduce propulsion...but I have also noticed the warning as well when flying during normal weather. I'm not certain if its a bug or if adding weight to the craft causes the alert to kick in.

We have done extensive testing while flying with the mod and have found the affects negligable. The Inspire is capable of carrying much more weight than we are adding. The batteries and mount weigh about 450 grams total additional weight. We have measured motor temps before during and after flights both with and without the mod and the change is almost 0 difference. The redundancy and extra flight time are a great addition to an already great flying platform.

sid anyone do a flight test with first gen I1 and X5 or X5R with the mod?
what are flight times?
i am talking of not upgraded first gen I1.

curious about that data since i have 2 of the first gen and looking to get into the movie making industry... considering the x5R in near future...
also checked the freefly systems alta 8 with movi 15 to carry film cameras. while i was looking in that the tero was also something i am thinking making or buying...

but honestly i would go with a pro black with X5R and my batteries plus getting more with some more fast chargers...

another question i have and please don't kill me for it but is the X5R really movie worthy and close or equal to red or alexa mini or absolutely not usable for film making... i was thinking a pro black with mod would get me a nice 20 mins flight. adding the focus puller system would round it all up. no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sid anyone do a flight test with first gen I1 and X5 or X5R with the mod?
what are flight times?
i am talking of not upgraded first gen I1.

curious about that data since i have 2 of the first gen and looking to get into the movie making industry... considering the x5R in near future...
also checked the freefly systems alta 8 with movi 15 to carry film cameras. while i was looking in that the tero was also something i am thinking making or buying...

but honestly i would go with a pro black with X5R and my batteries plus getting more with some more fast chargers...

another question i have and please don't kill me for it but is the X5R really movie worthy and close or equal to red or alexa mini or absolutely not usable for film making... i was thinking a pro black with mod would get me a nice 20 mins flight. adding the focus puller system would round it all up. no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I have been flying the x5R for a couple days now with the mods we do and we are getting 25 to 27 min flight times. Yes the X5R is definitely worth the money. It is in my opinion close to the Red's quality. I have some footage I shot today that I will be uploading tonight for review. I use the DJI Focus system on mine as well and it makes the focusing very smooth and deliberate. No more tap the screen and hope it's in focus. So far a big thumbs up.

Which informations about the battery status do you have in the Pilot -App ?

Thanks

The only diff you will see is the flight time remaining jumps to 25 min. It will fly at that mark for a few min before starting to drop. The app will only go to 25 min. The voltage doesn't change. Basically we are adding mAh for more flight time and redundancy.

Yes I have been flying the x5R for a couple days now with the mods we do and we are getting 25 to 27 min flight times. Yes the X5R is definitely worth the money. It is in my opinion close to the Red's quality. I have some footage I shot today that I will be uploading tonight for review. I use the DJI Focus system on mine as well and it makes the focusing very smooth and deliberate. No more tap the screen and hope it's in focus. So far a big thumbs up.

i am sooooo looking forward to getting the funds for the camera and focus in conjunction with a black pro and the "X5R" like damon had the oportunity.

also the mod. i will try to make the AC mod. this way when having a battery mod i can choose which one to use or (maybe add) even more probably a smaller battery as a backup for the whole system. kind of double redundacy as i will have three of them. the main, the battery mod and the AC mod :)

wee'll see.
thank you for the info Ralph :)
cheers

i am sooooo looking forward to getting the funds for the camera and focus in conjunction with a black pro and the "X5R" like damon had the oportunity.

also the mod. i will try to make the AC mod. this way when having a battery mod i can choose which one to use or (maybe add) even more probably a smaller battery as a backup for the whole system. kind of double redundacy as i will have three of them. the main, the battery mod and the AC mod :)

wee'll see.
thank you for the info Ralph :)
cheers
What is this AC mod?

Reactions: slim.slamma
how do you charge the batteries? i know how to do the inspire. do i need special chargers for the other 2 batteries?

DJI Inspire Battery Mods are now in stock and ready for purchase.
I have been working hard and now have a complete stock of Modded DJI TB 47 and 48 batteries in both black and white. These packs are perfect for the Inspire pilot that needs additional flight time for longer missions and especially needed for flight redundancy. Imagine you're out for normal day of flying and for whatever reason your battery decides to just die. Whether it's a cell issue or a completely discharged pack mid-air. Either one of these situations can cause a catastrophic failure with crash. Most times this will result in a complete loss if not major repairs at the very least. With this mod this helps eliminate this problem. Even if you have a main pack failure your bird will still fly allowing you to land safely. I have been getting anywhere from 28 to 35+ minute flights depending on the battery setup and or flying conditions. This is much better than the 13 to 18 min I was getting before. I have several customers currently using this mod and it is working perfectly. I am happy to offer this product to all of my fellow pilots and FlyHighUSA supporters. If you have any questions or concerns please call us @ 270-473-1409 or email us at [email protected] and we well be glad to help in any way we can.

DJI Inspire Battery Mod TB48 - FlyHighUSA

DJI Inspire Battery Mod TB48

Dual Battery Mod Accessory pack - FlyHighUSA

Dual Battery Mounting Plate For Inspire - FlyHighUSA
I flew Ralph's Battery Mod today for the first time in my Inspire 1 Pro. Was able to get approx. 27 minutes of flight time with winds of 10 mph gusting to 21 (measured). Probably could have reached 30 minutes but I was too chicken to take a chance. Well worth the money. Kudos Ralph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo