Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Lightbridge (Inspire 1) video feed to a remote location

Reaction score
I would like to know if there is anyone flying an Inspire drone who has had success with live video feed from their drone through the lightbridge to another location.....if so, please share how you've accomplished this.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

187690cfc2a00825f2c5e559533cde93.png

In the DJI GO APP
General Settings

Last edited:
I think the response was to show that there is a way to stream from the app to several different platforms, including rolling your own solution with RTMP.

However, I'm going to do a little mind reading and figure you are looking for a remote receiver? If so the best bet would be to use a slave controller's HDMI output. I've been trying to find out more about Lightbridge protocol but not getting much beyond "spread spectrum technology," which doesn't say much of anything. I'm sure someone with more flight time could elaborate.

I would like to know if there is anyone flying an Inspire drone who has had success with live video feed from their drone through the lightbridge to another location.....if so, please share how you've accomplished this.
Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.
I'm not quite sure from your post exactly what you are after but assume you need a video feed to maybe an OB truck (or similar).
Yes it has been done but don't forget the HDMI from the Inspire 1 remote is
1. Poor quality in its data integrity
2. Only 720p

Whatever you plug it into might not like the HDMI protocol (or DJI's poor version) and I have come across some equipment which is fussy and requires re-handshaking on the HDMI link once sync glitches.
Try Looking at TerraDek Cube or similar....Portable H.264 Video Encoder - High performance, low latency IP video

I think the response was to show that there is a way to stream from the app to several different platforms, including rolling your own solution with RTMP.

However, I'm going to do a little mind reading and figure you are looking for a remote receiver? If so the best bet would be to use a slave controller's HDMI output. I've been trying to find out more about Lightbridge protocol but not getting much beyond "spread spectrum technology," which doesn't say much of anything. I'm sure someone with more flight time could elaborate.

Yes, thanks.....looking for a way to send live feed to a remote receiver while I'm shooting, such as in the aftermath of a tornado.

Our company used an HDMI to coaxial converter from the slave controller to get the video over 100 meters of coax to a large monitor in a remote location on a ship. Had a coax to HDMI converter at the other end. Both converters required 5v power, which was easy enough to arrange on a ship. Not a very portable solution, but it worked well. The 720p video looked fine on the monitor.

I'm in LE and my Jeep is equipped with a 40" TV in the back which gets connected to our I1 Slave controller through the HDMI port. This allows someone in "Command" to view what I see w/o having to look over my shoulder. We communicate by radio so they can give me flight instructions on the fly as I move around on scene. The feed at 720p is good and the lag is very minimal. I place the Slave on top of my Jeep's roof and have also placed it on top of a Command SRT vehicle as well. This works with our DJI FLIR camera as well. Haven't tested the limit of the range but I know I have about walked about 100' from the Slave and have still had a video feed. We also used a CAT5 converter once, but I think the length is limited to around 100' w/o transmitter amplifier. Technically, as long as I didn't exceed the max distance from the Master to the Slave, one could have an HDMI to CAT5 converter and amplifier, for any needed distance. I just don't like the idea of being "tethered" (it would also need to be powered) if not necessary. This is the most economical solution I am aware of and the quality is great for what we need it for. I've flown air support security for the Secret Service and other details and it has worked well. We don't have a huge budget that other agencies may have, who buy $50,000 drones, but our set-up wowed them, so it must be sufficient. For around $8000 for an off the shelf drone, INCLUDING the FLIR, that's a good deal!

Reactions: invetech

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk