Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI No Fly lockdown takes away oppertunities at low levels

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
I've been presented an opportunity by a major MLB league to live broadcast a video stream to the production booth during baseball games. This opportunity does not fly over people and only the outfield grass area. I personalty believe that DJI should consider opening up low level flights up to 30-40 feet just these reasons.

When you take the time to think about what is allow and what is not, you realize that the FAA allows low level flights of larger aircraft, helicopters and blimps over these stadiums which could cause much more damage if something were to happen. Also the sport of baseball is dangerous itself. You have a tiny hard ball racing at people 60+ MPH and people get hurt. Surely flying a stable GPS guided light drone is far less harmful to anyone!

There are responsible UAV pilots that are missing these opportunities because of blanket rules. Its sad and maddening!

I've been presented an opportunity by a major MLB league to live broadcast a video stream to the production booth during baseball games. This opportunity does not fly over people and only the outfield grass area. I personalty believe that DJI should consider opening up low level flights up to 30-40 feet just these reasons.

When you take the time to think about what is allow and what is not, you realize that the FAA allows low level flights of larger aircraft, helicopters and blimps over these stadiums which could cause much more damage if something were to happen. Also the sport of baseball is dangerous itself. You have a tiny hard ball racing at people 60+ MPH and people get hurt. Surely flying a stable GPS guided light drone is far less harmful to anyone!

There are responsible UAV pilots that are missing these opportunities because of blanket rules. Its sad and maddening!
Contact [email protected]. i got the info from them for applying but haven't used it yet. There is a procedure for unlocking until geo comes online. Some staduims may be outside the remit though.

You can apply to get it turned . As long as you can show them you have permission and have followed all the right protocol. I personally think it's needed to stop idiots flying it in an unsafe manner

Have you been able to get permission from the FAA to fly within the TFR? I'm not sure what that entails but aside from the DJI geofence, that's the other hurdle you need to overcome.

Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck!

Have you been able to get permission from the FAA to fly within the TFR? I'm not sure what that entails but aside from the DJI geofence, that's the other hurdle you need to overcome.

Sounds like a great opportunity. Good luck!

Thanks. It seems that DJI has updated there No Fly Zones. What used to be Red are now Yellow Zones. DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

They've opened up the space over the stadium that I'll be required to flying. Very cool!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44