Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji pilot app launches tonight at dji.com

just received my inspire and tried downloading the iOS app with the serial number and does not work. comes back with a error message " the sn does not match" is there any other way to get the app as I would like to fly this

That's great you got your Inspire so early. I'm pretty certain the iOS app will be available for download via the App Store without needing to enter your SN once Apple approves the app. It's against Apple's TOS to distribute apps to the general public via direct downloads and not via the App Store. Direct downloads are only okay for beta testing early versions of apps.

Let's hope so but really sucks on dji to start shipping these and have customers getting them without having the required app available.

Let's hope so but really sucks on dji to start shipping these and have customers getting them without having the required app available.

Try using the serial number on the radio. I believe the app download system for iOS is looking for that serial number rather than the Inspire 1 itself. Hope that works for you.

Try using the serial number on the radio. I believe the app download system for iOS is looking for that serial number rather than the Inspire 1 itself. Hope that works for you.

I just tried all 3 different serial numbers including the camera units with caps on and off to see and still the same error

just received my inspire and tried downloading the iOS app with the serial number and does not work. comes back with a error message " the sn does not match" is there any other way to get the app as I would like to fly this
For me, the 4th digit was unreadable (looked like a 0, but was a "D" - scanning the bar code should give clearest indication.

For those of you that intend to use an iOS device, and especially those of you that already have your Inspire, I feel for you, but the fact of the matter is that what you are all trying to do is download a beta version of the app from an ad hoc site set up by DJI that was intended to allow beta testers to update their versions before official release of the app on the Apple App Store. I believe the version that some have been able to download by (not cool) using the SN of some unsuspecting unboxing video poster is v 0.9. That should tell you that it is not the official release version.
Why DJI published that QR code on the Inspire download is beyond my ability to explain, but as some posters on this forum and others who are app developers have explained, Apple tightly controls the distribution of all iOS apps, and will allow downloading of approved apps only from the Apple App Store. Submission of approved app versions was halted over the holidays, as those Apple folks took some time off, and so DJI has had to wait to get approval until after New Years. I've been told it usually takes about a week to get the app approved and loaded up, so I imagine that it's possible that the official app will be up sometime this coming week.
While the Android app is up and running, posters have said that it does not contain the simulator. So DJI software engineers have a lot of catching up to do, and we'll just have to be patient. BTW, for all those that have received their Inspires, don't forget to update the firmware to v. 1.2.0.13, instructions for which are located on p. 60 of the Inspire manual.

We're excited to fly the Inspire 1. As we've read, some folks are having issues accessing the DJI Pilot App for iOS using their device SN. We've also read that folks are attempting to use serial numbers from those that have posted unboxing videos online (shame on you!). Please be aware that each serial number can only access the app download a limited number of times. To help those that have received their Inspire 1 and are having issues accessing the app, and to help those that are receiving SN max usage errors, this information may be helpful to you: https://twitter.com/technologync/status/552285770019766272

We look forward to the App being available via the App Store in the very near future.

We're excited to fly the Inspire 1. As we've read, some folks are having issues accessing the DJI Pilot App for iOS using their device SN. We've also read that folks are attempting to use serial numbers from those that have posted unboxing videos online (shame on you!). Please be aware that each serial number can only access the app download a limited number of times. To help those that have received their Inspire 1 and are having issues accessing the app, and to help those that are receiving SN max usage errors, this information may be helpful to you: https://twitter.com/technologync/status/552285770019766272

We look forward to the App being available via the App Store in the very near future.

So does this mean when the app is released do you still have to input a SN ?

We don't have information regarding the App Store version of DJI Pilot, however, following the provided link will allow you to download the app (from DJI) on a compatible device. The app is currently version 0.9

I tried your app doesn't for me new iPad mini 2

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds