Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji pilot app not for ios anymore ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please explain to me in detail how to go about getting the Pilot app on whatever tablet I purchase. I own the "Inspire" but have not bought a tablet as of yet due to the uncertainty of IOS. If I get the Apple I-PAD mini3, can you please explain in detail exactly how I can get the app? I have tried to do it on my Iphone 6 plus but it does not work. Thank you!

Getting really tired of all the crying about prop locks and no official iOS. If it bothers you don't buy an Inspire. Pretty sure there are over 10,000 inspires out there now... As a best guess. Maybe five units had the props fly off, for whatever reason. Mine never did... and I don't know of anyone else who had the issue. There are some videos with incredibly aggressive maneuvers to show that they don't fly off. The prop locks are a free, simple, and easy to use safety blanket if you you are concerned. As for the iOS the app is easily available online and all it takes is a little effort to find and install. It works perfectly on the latest Apple devices. There is a legitimate concern at this point when and maybe even if the app will become official. It's been three weeks past the supposed fix date, with no official word coming from DJI.... Not a optimal practice keeping customers in the dark..... Until such time that the Android version continues to advance and all the the new bells and whistles are in that version there isn't an issue. If that happens a few months from now and no iOS is available I might have to spend another $250.00 to get an Android Tablet. An extra HC Battery costs $200.00. If you are using this for any serious flying you'll need a couple of them or three or four standard batteries.... So what's another $250.00. Point is that the Inspire is a pretty amazing piece of equipment. I won't be happy to have to spend another $250.00 bucks, but for me it's more than worth it as a cost of flying this amazing machine. If Go Pro or someone else builds a better mousetrap, then so be it, but for now there isn't anything close in this price range. I'm flying mine with an iPad Mini, WiFi only and having a ball.
Can you please explain in detail as to how to download the Pilot app to my IPAD Mini3 or Iphone 6 plus? I can't seem to do it based on everyone's help. Thank you,

Can you please explain in detail how I can download the app to my Iphone 6? I cannot seem to do it. Thank you

Richard,

Are you getting an error message "[DJI Pilot] 0.92.ipa” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer." like this when you try to install?

Reactions: AllenL
Getting really tired of all the crying about prop locks and no official iOS. If it bothers you don't buy an Inspire. Pretty sure there are over 10,000 inspires out there now... As a best guess. Maybe five units had the props fly off, for whatever reason. Mine never did... and I don't know of anyone else who had the issue. There are some videos with incredibly aggressive maneuvers to show that they don't fly off. The prop locks are a free, simple, and easy to use safety blanket if you you are concerned. As for the iOS the app is easily available online and all it takes is a little effort to find and install. It works perfectly on the latest Apple devices. There is a legitimate concern at this point when and maybe even if the app will become official. It's been three weeks past the supposed fix date, with no official word coming from DJI.... Not a optimal practice keeping customers in the dark..... Until such time that the Android version continues to advance and all the the new bells and whistles are in that version there isn't an issue. If that happens a few months from now and no iOS is available I might have to spend another $250.00 to get an Android Tablet. An extra HC Battery costs $200.00. If you are using this for any serious flying you'll need a couple of them or three or four standard batteries.... So what's another $250.00. Point is that the Inspire is a pretty amazing piece of equipment. I won't be happy to have to spend another $250.00 bucks, but for me it's more than worth it as a cost of flying this amazing machine. If Go Pro or someone else builds a better mousetrap, then so be it, but for now there isn't anything close in this price range. I'm flying mine with an iPad Mini, WiFi only and having a ball.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is what I call a 'cheque-book hobby' meaning it's a pretty expensive indulgence for those of us that don't rely on income from this to feed our families. I just splashed out a further $750 (US$700) for three additional batteries . In the WORST CASE SCENARIO, if you have to buy an android tablet and keep it as a dedicated device then so what?? If it's going to break the bank then you'd better sell your Inspire because the more pragmatic members here are sure going to get sick of the bleating whiners who think that this type of technology just comes right out of the box, fully developed and without any bugs or issues.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is what I call a 'cheque-book hobby' meaning it's a pretty expensive indulgence for those of us that don't rely on income from this to feed our families. I just splashed out a further $750 (US$700) for three additional batteries . In the WORST CASE SCENARIO, if you have to buy an android tablet and keep it as a dedicated device then so what?? If it's going to break the bank then you'd better sell your Inspire because the more pragmatic members here are sure going to get sick of the bleating whiners who think that this type of technology just comes right out of the box, fully developed and without any bugs or issues.

That was pretty well said too. :)

To anyone at dji who might care : please make the opening at the bottom of the tablet mount wide enough for us android guys to plug in our large tablets, and not have them off centered on the controller. I had to Dremel out plastic so I can connect my cable. It's one thing when the charge port on your tablet is located on the bottom, but rather inconvenient when it's on the side, ie the 10.1" 2014 edition Samsung Note seen in my avatar. The large screen is killer with the included back strap for the controller to hold the weight.

I installed DJI Pilot 0.9.2 but I couldn't get clear image of camera preview on my iPad mini 2.

I wasn't able to download & install the latest version 1.0.2 directly from App Store via iPad mini 2, however, it was successful via iPhone 6.

So, I connected iPhone (DJI Pilot 1.0.2 installed) to iFunBox and exported the app as ipa file and then installed on iPad via iTunes or iFunBox.

Hope it helps.

Why not download the app from the App Store?

Because, it's no longer available for iPad app (actually, app store rejects to download), but iPhone app is available somehow. I mean if you'd like to use current ver. (1.0.2) on iPad, that's the only way.

I think most of Inspire 1 pilots don't use iPhone, commonly they're using ipad mini 2 or later or iPad Air.

I just searched the app store and this came up...do you see it but can't download it?Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 1.27.15 PM.png

Which tablet gives best experience? iPad or Android? If android, which model?
I've seen some people complain about lagg\delay. Is this something you gotta live with, or is there some setups(tablets) that works fine?: )

Hi Merko,
Before the app was launched on the iOS store i used an android galaxy which i had loaned, there was massive lag so i installed 0.9 on my iPad and it worked perfectly along with the current versions. I find that the iPad is more stable and much faster however i still get dropout/lag but i think that is a signal issue instead of a hardware issue.

Hi Merko,
Before the app was launched on the iOS store i used an android galaxy which i had loaned, there was massive lag so i installed 0.9 on my iPad and it worked perfectly along with the current versions. I find that the iPad is more stable and much faster however i still get dropout/lag but i think that is a signal issue instead of a hardware issue.
Great thanks. Guess ill buy a iPad from work then. :)

Any chance you or anybody else could make a small video of the tablet to show the delay? How much delay do you think it is? Does it affect you in any way?

I tried iPad Air 2 today, it works. iPad mini & mini 2 still don't. Force them to install via iFunBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin