Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Pilot App

I installed an android emulator last night and tried to load the app..it took forever and did not work.
which emulator did you use please? any hints on loading the app after that?
I loaded mine on my android tablet fine using the far rt. download button without needing a s.n.
Andy Emulator - did you get blue stacks?
I tried that a while back and it was poor compared to Andy, after a few days its started nagging about buying games or something.
Still quite a long install process.
It's possible you could connect to the DJI wifi with the laptop and actually operate through it - not sure.
http://www.andyroid.net/

Mike don't go out and spend money on a lousy android tab! People have been reading the question and answer part of the inspire section on dji.com wrong. It looks like it only says iPad Air 2 but here is the cut and paste from DJI.COM THANKS (read what it says right after ipad mini 3.
"It is recommended that you use a tablet for the best experience, but the following devices have been tested and run the app:
iOS (The following running iOS v7.1 or later):
iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad 4

Android (The following running Android v4.1.2 or later):
Samsung Note 4、Samsung Note 3、Samsung S5、Sony Z3 EXPERIA
**Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues"
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Fatman, I think you are right (believe my iPad Air should work) - as a note I went out and got the Samsung Tab 4 as I wanted to get it in the air to try it out. Worked perfectly but must say the "Android experience overall" as a UI does not stand up to the iPad - think I am going to return it. On another note any idea when the iOS version is going to be officially out?

Thanks for any insight
Michael

Reporting back that the app loads fine on an IPad 3rd generation. Will report back with the video feed test if any lag .

Hion,
Hi, which link did you use for iOS version and did you need to enter a Serial Number to get it - thats where I was having an issue.

Thanks for any insight,
Best,
Michael

I'm having the same issues. When i put in the inspire serial number it doesn't allow me and says "the sn does not match". Any help on this as I cannot download the app and use the unit

Andy Emulator - did you get blue stacks?
I tried that a while back and it was poor compared to Andy, after a few days its started nagging about buying games or something.
Still quite a long install process.
It's possible you could connect to the DJI wifi with the laptop and actually operate through it - not sure.
http://www.andyroid.net/
thanks. blue stacks seemed too involved. the program i used really did not allow much use of the android op. system. i will try andy emulator. i wonder if it will work with my mac..i really want the app on my mac laptop for the camera operator.

Hi, I am feeling a little stupid and was wondering if anyone is having issues with entering their serial number for the app - it keeps saying "The SN does not match" - also can/should you fly the inspire without the app? Just received mine and dying to take it out.

Thanks for any help
Michael

did you get it to work as im having your same issues

Met,
No, and read on DJI Forums that it will be about 10 days until official release of iOS - but I am seeing a few who got it working so am a bit confused. Asked someone on here what link they used and if they had to use Serial Number. Temporarily, I went and got a Samung Tab to fly for the meantime.

Best,
Michael

Met,
No, and read on DJI Forums that it will be about 10 days until official release of iOS - but I am seeing a few who got it working so am a bit confused. Asked someone on here what link they used and if they had to use Serial Number. Temporarily, I went and got a Samung Tab to fly for the meantime.

Best,
Michael

Exactly, I see some others have gotten the app to work but others like myself are having these issues

Well guess what. It works on the Fire. Great. So you need a usb to mini usb to the DJI controller for connection?

There is a setting on android that needs to be changed before installing the app..and now I can't find it or remember..I read about it on this forum or the dji forum..anybody know?

I believe it's the security setting to allow DL's other than the play store. Just go into settings and allow that and when you're done you can change it back. The other thing is USB debug mode needs to be enabled so far as I can see without actually having an inspire to stream the video. Developer mode needs to be enabled to do that. I believe it's necessary to do when hooking up the RC via USB to the android tablet for FPV video streaming but that's a guess. When I DL'd and checked out the app, that message popped up so it's probable it will need to be done. The android app looks great. Can't wait!

So it is mini sub in and out?
I know when I looked at the controller it had more than one HDMI connector. It looked like a full size HDMI and a mini.
I finally got the app loaded on my p.c. by using an android emulator o.s. and loading the app. However it does not seem to have full function.
On my tablet I see what appears to be a way to trace a route or set points and also there is a grid overlay that can be enabled that looks like it would show up in flight mode(visible when seeing what the camera sees)
Unfortunately,at least for me, using my laptop for camera control might only give me partial control..sigh.
Really cool app I must say.

I believe it's the security setting to allow DL's other than the play store. Just go into settings and allow that and when you're done you can change it back. The other thing is USB debug mode needs to be enabled so far as I can see without actually having an inspire to stream the video. Developer mode needs to be enabled to do that. I believe it's necessary to do when hooking up the RC via USB to the android tablet for FPV video streaming but that's a guess. When I DL'd and checked out the app, that message popped up so it's probable it will need to be done. The android app looks great. Can't wait!
That was it,the debug mode.thanks.
I have mine working on my acer 8" tab and it is great.
I just wish it would work correctly on my laptop. I did load an android emulator but I notice many functions do not open up compared to the app on my tablet.
I dont think the emulator is going to work right for the app.
Maybe they will come out with a Mac or p.c. version later for those of us who want to use a laptop for the second remote.
Thanks for the help everyone!

There is a setting on android that needs to be changed before installing the app..and now I can't find it or remember..I read about it on this forum or the dji forum..anybody know?
Go to "Settings" then "Security" and then to "Unknown Sources" and toggle "Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store. Down load the APK and put it in the folder "Downloads" Double tap the APK and it should then install.

That's what I did. It works. NOW how to connect it to the RC?
Don't know...I'm not fortunate enough to have an Inspire to test it with. Just wanted to try it on my Nexus 7 in case an unknown relative kicks the bucket and leaves me suitcase full of cash so I can afford one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool