Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI Pilot crashing/slowing down/video lagging

Am not sure if it is an option on the Galaxy. On the Shield it is within the 'Power Control' section which allows you to customise the battery drain either at platform level or app specific.
It allows control of number of CPU cores used
Max frequency of CPU
Frame rate the app is allowed to use.
As well as all the usual, screen brightness power saving options etc.
Have a dig around in the power control/battery saving options of the Galaxy to see if there is anything there.

Does the Shield have the screen record function and how does that affect CUP usage?

I'm sorry if this has been covered, I read this article briefly while on hold on the phone. Anyways my videos won't play in the dji pilot app anymore either, it seems so stupid and I'm sure it's something simple but I'm still shooting in 1080p most of the time, mp4 ntsc and it either says the video can not be played or just won't open it. I have videos weeks old before the last firmware update with all the same camera settings and they play fine. I also noticed this happened at the same time I could no longer rely on my screen to shoot moving objects. My inspire is literally unusable at the moment. It's like trying to watch a YouTube HD video with 56k connection speed.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Can this problem - black screen on tablet - be bypassed with just using a Fatshark Dominator HD connected to the remote control or will it have the same black screen?

For future readers, my issue was strictly tablet based. Turns out switching to the iPhone 6 eliminated every issue I was having with video lag. Sucks I can't use a 600$ tablet made on 2014, I guess dji really is all about the ios, because the specs on my note tablet blow away the specs on the device that works properly with the pilot app....

For future readers, my issue was strictly tablet based. Turns out switching to the iPhone 6 eliminated every issue I was having with video lag. Sucks I can't use a 600$ tablet made on 2014, I guess dji really is all about the ios, because the specs on my note tablet blow away the specs on the device that works properly with the pilot app....

Glad you got it sorted out brother. ..

Reactions: Soflms

my ipad mini 3 glitches like crazy, unless I keep it cool when flying, then its fine

my ipad mini 3 glitches like crazy, unless I keep it cool when flying, then its fine
On this note it was 95 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny during my bad experience. Tablet was in direct sunlight but not much I could do in this situation. I tried to hide in the shade but it was unrealistic due to my filming circumstances. @turbodronepilot definitely helped me figure this one out by suggesting a different device to fly from. Seems sticking to ios vs Android is my best bet. It's literally night and day difference in the smoothness of live streaming via lightbridge

On this note it was 95 degrees Fahrenheit and sunny during my bad experience. Tablet was in direct sunlight but not much I could do in this situation. I tried to hide in the shade but it was unrealistic due to my filming circumstances. @turbodronepilot definitely helped me figure this one out by suggesting a different device to fly from. Seems sticking to ios vs Android is my best bet. It's literally night and day difference in the smoothness of live streaming via lightbridge

i guess i will have to invest into an ipad then... what i noticed is it does work better with iphone over android...

so?
DJI then?
or we're grounded?
I'm relentless to swich from the ^Samsung note pro Sm p905n^ to ipad.
And I'm suffering same issues as @Soflms, scary identical.
Can't relay on my bird after reading this, GET THIS FIXED DJI.

*sobbing*
plz any suggestion from the Android/samsung note pro Sm p905???

Yup 15 moais, ahu Tongariki, easter island based, documentary pilot,but...

...some of us need to be on air... all the time.
It's good I can go *S900* and fly safely on wave radio and not depend on the mood of the app, or the tablet.
But I'd go nuts, if DJI plans to ground every one for this app/cpu/heat nonsense.
*facepalm*
*keeps sobbing*
I'd better go charge my S900 big lipos.
damm.

Before you change to another version,send your data to your cloud and get it back when you install another version.
Yes, I did that, but it never showed up again on the tablet. In fact, it never synced again after I went to Lolipop. All subsequent syncs failed.

So, I reluctantly gave up on using an Android device at all and purchased an iPad Mini 3. That changed everything. Very little lag, no freezes, increased FPV range (a lot!), additional features not on Android, more information on the display, a properly working video logging function for lower resolution footage in the iPad, and finally, correct (and fast) syncing to the cloud. BTW, my missing logs downloaded fine to the iPad, so they were not lost after all, they just refused to sync with the Samsung Tab.

I hate to say this because I am not an Apple fanboy, but every part of the Pilot app worked far better on the iPad (at least for me). After trying 3 different Samsung devices and an Nvidia Shield, I'm sold on the Apple tablets as the best device for the Pilot app. Now my wife has the Samsung and if she likes it, we'll keep it. If not, it goes to eBay.

Reactions: hakaniniman
Yes, I did that, but it never showed up again on the tablet. In fact, it never synced again after I went to Lolipop. All subsequent syncs failed.

So, I reluctantly gave up on using an Android device at all and purchased an iPad Mini 3. That changed everything. Very little lag, no freezes, increased FPV range (a lot!), additional features not on Android, more information on the display, a properly working video logging function for lower resolution footage in the iPad, and finally, correct (and fast) syncing to the cloud.

I hate to say this because I am not an Apple fanboy, but every part of the Pilot app worked far better on the iPad (at least for me). After trying 3 different Samsung devices and an Nvidia Shield, I'm sold on the Apple tablets as the best device for the Pilot app. Now my wife has the Samsung and if she likes it, we'll keep it. If not, it goes to eBay.
and I'm not gonna settle for less than the note screen/resolution....
Thanks for sharing, your truthful words. ... make my tears bloody red now.
:mad:
Aaaaaand it's storming, inspire grounded, an no w a y I'm gonna fly *S900* indoors.
*sobbing over the samsung note pro*
it's a keeper. They must develop a better android code, with less ram/heat/lag/glitch / grounded....
Dammm....I'm crying like a baby again....
o_O sooooo....with which apple tool the aircraft is 100% reliable?

in general,dji developed their system for apple devices... on the second birds case was a little enclosure where it said that... :(

and I'm not gonna settle for less than the note screen/resolution....
Thanks for sharing, your truthful words. ... make my tears bloody red now.
:mad:
Aaaaaand it's storming, inspire grounded, an no w a y I'm gonna fly *S900* indoors.
*sobbing over the samsung note pro*
it's a keeper. They must develop a better android code, with less ram/heat/lag/glitch / grounded....
Dammm....I'm crying like a baby again....
o_O sooooo....with which apple tool the aircraft is 100% reliable?
I feel your pain. Truly.

I've flown with an iPad Mini 2 and an iPad Mini 3, both with the same excellent results. They seem to work identically. I'm toying with the idea of going to an iPad Air 2 to get the bigger, less reflective display and faster processor, but haven't decided yet.

I feel your pain. Truly.

I've flown with an iPad Mini 2 and an iPad Mini 3, both with the same excellent results. They seem to work identically. I'm toying with the idea of going to an iPad Air 2 to get the bigger, less reflective display and faster processor, but haven't decided yet.
if you are kind. ...
you seem to be this kind of guy like me, let me prove my point. ..

I forgot to ask if you can kindly push the *heat* onto the fruity processor.
I mean.( ..As fly with everything on, despite the moderator/nvidia/80% fórmula).
Push the processor on the ipad max out....
I ignore your weather/temperature condition.
But you seem to suffer from internal heat processor malfunction...Due to the app pushing hard on any processor after several flights, air time ...scolding the inner cores to cool of, and also influenced by sun/external heat.
....electrical devices must work fine around 40°centigrade.
Sunny hot conditions, as you can tell...when we're outdoors. .. seems to me like:

• pre heated external conditions for the ipad (car or sun for a lapse)
  • all working inside, heating to a working degree the processor... (video editor, running apps, etc)
  • many air time, 30+ continuos air time and handling many different shots or changing views for the screen to force high rate refreshing and the processor to elaborate, both on image and statistics (recording video/streaming, etc)
  • all maxed out, in terms of image quality flight and lag conditions
o_O no problem under such conditions with the apple thingy?
Can you rely 100%

....if I'm deciding on the new tool, i willingly pre heat the ipad, to a safe logical working under the sun temperature, with a hair dryer...around 40 celcius....then max out the processor and force the app to the max, probably not with an actual fly, but with a frien moving the aircraft around, far away, to simulate the changing screen and imagecomposition, to heat up and pushing the app to the max, .....if ANY lag appear, it's the first hint of the processor /core to maxed out...and soon to snap.
...at least this is OUR experience with the android based tablets.
:) *preetty please*
Can you simulate this hard condittions somehow?
I'm sure you need to rely on thumbs up...For the fruity thing, or any other tablet.
not sure if pushed to the limit, ipad will stay cool and no lag/crash.
I'm asking for a particular fellow to push the ipad to the same harsh condition under the sun, heavy processor use and get any lag impression, and i will follow youre lead as you can tell us if no hard conditions affecr the ipad .... Hard work is to push the limits.
But I'm incline to (bird landed/no props), send her away to be moved around, messing with telemetry and image change as much is i can, for at least 20 minutes, (as with no engine running, the I1 will run for 30+minutes), and check the inner core temperature with a different app, to test the ipad, on extreme heat (preheated ipad with hairdryer) to a user friendly 40 degrees, and then if no lags....
;) gimme a buzz to unground my bird, via the ipad...any of them.
o_Oasking for too much, see?
But I'm positively sure, you need to know that too.
...is this app/tablet mix the one i should rely on?
from the most isolated place on earth...with a grounded INSPIRE1, thank you

I feel your pain. Truly.

:eek:if i pick the iPadAir2 get only 9.7 inches diagonal.
...no way,
| |
'Please .....I'm going to miss the 12.2 inches on the note...
and enthusiasts must see over your shoulder too, :rolleyes:

So, I reluctantly gave up on using an Android device at all and purchased an iPad Mini 3. That changed everything. Very little lag, no freezes, increased FPV range (a lot!), additional features not on Android, more information on the display, a properly working video logging function for lower resolution footage in the iPad, and finally, correct (and fast) syncing to the cloud. BTW, my missing logs downloaded fine to the iPad, so they were not lost after all, they just refused to sync with the Samsung Tab.

The latest Android app did have problems with the cloud I know.

the nvidia shield seems to be the android tablet of choice with the best specs. personally i use my galaxy note 4 phone which is problem free until the second or third battery if its really hot out. I cringe at the thought of having to downgrade to an apple device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell