Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI pulled support for iOS?

Well, I guess if they don't continue with iOS and they make a mandatory firmware update that also requires an update of the Pilot app then we're stuffed.

So basically, if you were lucky enough to do the new full firmware update you should be good to fly

I guess, but let's just see what happens. I'm not flying until I get my prop locks anyway and that could be weeks. If by the time I get my prop locks DJI haven't sorted out the iOS stuff, I'll return my Inspire to my dealer. I'm not interested in having an Android tablet and I feel I've spent enough money already.

Reactions: diverreb
Since we can't download the app, you'll need to have a backup of the app.

Extract the DJI Pilot .ipa file off the iPad/iPhone and back it up. I used iFunBox to do this.

Once you have a copy of the file it can be re-installed on your iOS device or another iOS device. I did that tonight extracting off the iPad and side loading it onto my iPhone.

I've run the app on both my iPhone and iPad tonight, the apps haven't self-destruct.

Anyone have a copy of the app they could share? All i have is iOS devices and I am kinda screwed. My Inspire is supposed to show Monday and I couldn't download without my serial (as you all know)... Guess I wont be flying this anytime soon.

Anyone have a copy of the app they could share? All i have is iOS devices and I am kinda screwed. My Inspire is supposed to show Monday and I couldn't download without my serial (as you all know)... Guess I wont be flying this anytime soon.

You need your Serial number and you can download it from here. http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

Anyone has tried to fly today using the app to make sure everything still functions while flying

If this is truly the end of IOS and not just a little bump in the road between DJI and Apple their are going to be a lot of angry people out there.....including me. Last week I purchased (2) new iPads and was going to order next week the Inspire with dual transmitter.
Thanks God that I have not purchased it yet, I am sorry for all you guys, who spent a lot of money for your equipment and can't fly at all. I hope, that this will be solved in a reasonable time, because they simply cannot drop the Apple users base, I think that they are working on a legit solution of v. 1.x with Apple, that's why it is down. I will wait about 1Q to buy a fully working machine with iPads and the new Handle Mount.

Reactions: dronie
That would be great...if have just seen different answers to this issue from DJI support today. Total confusion, hence the backup ;-)

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks for the link, was able to install on my Ipad mini 3 with no issue. Lifesaver!!

Guys this is DJI's official response:

Here is the official reply HQ drafted:
1、IOS app download:
Thank you very much for your support and patience. We are extremely sorry to say that the DJI-Pilot App has been delayed for iOS devices. DJI is working hard on this to push the approval process through with Apple and will keep you informed of any of our progress.
Currently we provide Android App for you to use. The recommended devices are as below: Samsung S4, S5, Note 3, P900 tablet, Sony Z3 EXPERIA, Google Nexus 7 II, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini.
Thank you, and sorry again about the delay.
2、Non GPS mode issue:
Actually it is not GPS problem. DJI adds more critical standard to compass checking in latest firmware, it will switch to NON-GPS mode when compass data is abnormal during flight. You can judge from the LED of aircraft, RED and YELLOW. For GPS signal, trust the GPS icon in APP.
3. IMU bug:
The issue is believed to be caused by the accelerometer got shocked during transportation. And once powered on, it will give false data, thus the craft will drift to one side rapidly. The new FW .16 should fixed this issue.
4. Prop shooting:
It can be caused by different reasons: un-tightened props, sand in motor, strong wind and etc. DJI is releasing new accessories to lock the prop to prevent the prop from losing. Meanwhile, please make sure the prop are securely tightened before flight. And minimize the flight if possible.
Thank you

At this point the iOS App is in Apples court. We don't know what their time frame will be.

Hey Mike - we should be able to get you going. are you able to download the .ipa file from/posted by dronie above?

here is an article on how to get that .ipa to load into your apad... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20160285/install-ipa-to-ipad-with-or-without-itunes

dont get too mad at the forum people, they seem delighted at DJI's teething pains. thats odd to me.

DJI's app is outside of Apple's famous guildelines. It will take a little longer to get official approval, but i'm confident Tim Cook doesnt want us all buying androids to fly. Thats why you current seem to have to use backdoor methods to get the app.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Anyone has tried to fly today using the app to make sure everything still functions while flying

I flew two packs yesterday. There is still a slight J on initial FFF. It corrects after a few minutes. Other than that no issues.

I flew two packs yesterday. There is still a slight J on initial FFF. It corrects after a few minutes. Other than that no issues.

Sorry if this is obvious to others, but what do 'J' and 'FFF' stand for? Thanks.

I think Tahoe Ed's "J" is an aeronautical value, can't remember which, but "FFF" is Fast Forward Flight. Or Fourrotor Foto Fun;)

Can somebody re-upload the latest pilot app for iOS please? The 2 links I found are dead now (the DropBox one is blocked by DropBox because generating too much traffic). Would really want to fly today.

I would be very thankful,

Last edited:
Reactions: Wiski23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido