Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

DJI repair takes 8 weeks -- then it crashes again in two days

Unfortunately that costs a company money do to this....
money investment yes but keeping in mind what their turnover is and also the image loss they might get it should be a consideration dji could keep in mind... maybe training shop owners to do minor repair would be a solution with selected personel. this way repairs to a certain degree could be done at the local shop.

money investment yes but keeping in mind what their turnover is and also the image loss they might get it should be a consideration dji could keep in mind... maybe training shop owners to do minor repair would be a solution with selected personel. this way repairs to a certain degree could be done at the local shop.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to see what they do. To some degree, DJI owns the market and they know it. Therefore they can do whatever they please. Something tells me that nothing repair wise will change (after the p3 release) until they start to see a significant drop in their sales due to lack of post-sale customer service, this won't happen because whether people want to admit it or not they offer one of if not the most stable, easy to fly, everything ready out of the box, drone products to date. That basically means they can call the shots.

Catware, I once flew the inspire 2,6km away, never losing signal, because i was on the top of my building. Although the inspire started to come back alone at 49% battery (2.6km away) it flew slowly, so it didn't get home, I had to land it in a empty stadium about 500m away from start point.
I must say that if it hadn't started controlling by it self I would have get it safely to my garden.
As you fight against the auto landing mode, inspire flight everywhere but where you want to drove it.
In this erratically landing mode it flow 450 mts, before landing in the stadium. So if it would have let me drive it, it would have be enough to get it home. When i got to the landing site 9 min latter, the inspire was still on and kept recording so it had battery left to squeeze.

few days ago y made a battery test. I flew I1 at 1 m high over soft ground until battery went of.
It lasted at least 3-4min in 0%, all alarms making huge sounds, had to throttle to prevent landing, regretfully the clip was lost, conclusion: there is a security factor that everyone should know for extreme situations about their inspires, all should do the battery test to know the difference in the equipment.
At 5m/s 3min means 900m flew-able distance.

This question may be out of the topic but on the screen shot of the screen, how come I can see what their stick positions are? Is that a IOS feature?? I don't see that on my Android version...........I'm using Nvidia Shield.

This question may be out of the topic but on the screen shot of the screen, how come I can see what their stick positions are? Is that a IOS feature?? I don't see that on my Android version...........I'm using Nvidia Shield.

It is not available on Android platform (nor is the simulator)

A picture might help. Here is a screenshot of the Incident 2's flight playback (what a fantastic feature by the way). You can see that there is no stick input, and it is flying at 24.6mph in a large circle. The playback shows that the aircraft was pointed backward, but actually it wasn't -- it was pointing forward. Where the path curves to the left again and goes off the bottom of the image is where I retook control and flew it back to base. During the rest of the flight playback, again the data shows the orientation was backward, but it wasn't -- camera and aircraft were facing forward. This error occurred midway through the flight and is when I noticed the horizon had tilted -- the first minute or so has the orientation correct.

As far as Mod values, the compass had Mod 1475 after I controllably crashed it in Incident 2 before I powered it off. It had 1527 after doing a recalibration, and 1480 just before takeoff on Incident 3. Interestingly though, the compass X value was -500 to -600 adjacent to both incidents, but +479 on the middle flight that had no problem. I will monitor that value in the future to determine if it's relevant.

Just an observation I have made that may or may not be of any use here.
I too live on a farm and fly all over the property. Although I have not had any of the problems you have stated here, I have noticed that at certain locations on my farm the compass mods will be way out of whack and when I re-calibrated the compass the bird flew really weird. The next time I got the out of range mood values, instead of re-calibrating the compass, I moved 50 feet away from that spot and BAM the compass values returned to normal. Now when I check the Mood values and get any kind of OFF compass readings, I will move away from that spot and the value change back.
I believe that the compass is sensitive to buried metal objects and maybe even shallow mineral deposits. And if you're near one of these spots it throws the compass off, and if you re-calibrate it, once you take off and fly away from the interference, the compass is now calibrated WRONG and the bird may exhibit all kinds of strange flight patterns.
So if you moods are off, try moving 50 feet away from that spot and check the moods again, you may be surprised when they return to normal.

For what it's worth, these have been my observations. I hope it helps.

I too live on a farm and fly all over the property. Although I have not had any of the problems you have stated here, I have noticed that at certain locations on my farm the compass mods will be way out of whack and when I re-calibrated the compass the bird flew really weird. The next time I got the out of range mood values, instead of re-calibrating the compass, I moved 50 feet away from that spot and BAM the compass values returned to normal. Now when I check the Mood values and get any kind of OFF compass readings, I will move away from that spot and the value change back.
I believe that the compass is sensitive to buried metal objects and maybe even shallow mineral deposits. And if you're near one of these spots it throws the compass off, and if you re-calibrate it, once you take off and fly away from the interference, the compass is now calibrated WRONG and the bird may exhibit all kinds of strange flight patterns.
So if you moods are off, try moving 50 feet away from that spot and check the moods again, you may be surprised when they return to normal.

Well I wish I would have thought of that! :p

Reactions: JimPA and LockMD

I don't know where people come up with these crazy ideas! ;)

Reactions: JimPA
For what it's worth, the DJI LA facility is in the middle of a move to a new larger facility. They apparently ran out of space and weren't able to hire technical folks as they simply had no pace to put them.

Hopefully they'll be cranking it up in the new massive facility and get the turnaround times down soon.

Crazy Idea, do you know something we don,t or are you just typing cause your bored???

Yeah I was just being a smart A

Actually if you came up with that on your own, I'm quite impressed! As The Editor has been preaching your exact technique until he gets blue in the face and is now my bible too :)

Yeah I was just being a smart A

Actually if you came up with that on your own, I'm quite impressed! As The Editor has been preaching your exact technique until he gets blue in the face and is now my bible too :)
Figuring that out is easy if you understand and work with a compass regularly. Compass readings change for a reason. And the reason is not always Firmware/software. Sometimes it's the world around us. And there's nothing wrong with being as smart A :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo