Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Dji suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The release of the x5 and osmo killed the i1.
Just ask the pro's. @Quadpilot everybody else done jumped ship. Investing in that x5 was like throwing good money at bad money. Bad investment.
This forum went completely sour since.
@Kilrah vanished since the release. Sarcastic but helpful
@damoncooper was so tight he forced @blade strike and tally hoe
to re visit our forum. Short defensive visit it was
Even @Outta Control, building a new uav now.
@The Editor done made it clear anybody purchase that x5/r is a dullard.
Heard you!
Did you hear us DJI
your not playing with kids in the park anymore. The pro's have been very outspoken lately.
NFZ= rated PG 13 for 5k. I think not

Reactions: Louis
I agree and as this has not been enough now they kill the P3 two. They will shortly announce a "updated" version of the P3A / P3P which upgrade will be at least 20% less antenna power output. They dramatically decreased power output from plane AND RC antennas in this 3rd version. (hidden 2nd version in summer was already a downgrade)

However they secretly did the opposite with the I1. The Inspire V2 has not only the published new motors no it has almost 30% more antenna power output in the plane itself and also in the RC then the old Inspire. It should fly the max battery range without an antenna mod.

As they limited anything with their software this is probably to fight competition as it is odd to limit waypoints to 500m in their software but then giving the plane 4-5km range.

Reactions: Andrew Woodward
@Kilrah vanished since the release. Sarcastic but helpful
Very sarcastic indeed or rather ironic, given we just picked up both an Osmo and an I1 Pro 3 days ago, first shoot is tomorrow :D
The only thing we were waiting for was to actually be able to source them...

And if I'm less on the forum it's only because it's getting more and more full of nonsense like this and regulatory stuff, and actual tech talk about the thing has mostly disappeared.

I agree and as this has not been enough now they kill the P3 two. They will shortly announce a "updated" version of the P3A / P3P which upgrade will be at least 20% less antenna power output. They dramatically decreased power output from plane AND RC antennas in this 3rd version. (hidden 2nd version in summer was already a downgrade)

However they secretly did the opposite with the I1. The Inspire V2 has not only the published new motors no it has almost 30% more antenna power output in the plane itself and also in the RC then the old Inspire. It should fly the max battery range without an antenna mod.

As they limited anything with their software this is probably to fight competition as it is odd to limit waypoints to 500m in their software but then giving the plane 4-5km range.
Cite your sources please and provide written evidence of this 20% power decrease.
You are saying that the lightbridge TX has had its' EIRP reduced? To what level? How many milliwatts/dbm?
How and why are DJI increasing the R/C power to over and above 100mW/20dbm which is regulated and certified across various countries? This would mean the Inspire would be illegal to sell in the USA and most parts of Europe.
Are you sprouting rubbish again?

1410 has max 24dB total antenna output but 1510 has 29,9 dB

The reduced power output is only on the P3 (as I said I1 is the opposite) there are actually 3 revisions (3rd will be announced soon) 1503, 1507 and 1510 the higher the number the worse it gets.

The reduced power output is only on the P3 (as I said I1 is the opposite) there are actually 3 revisions (3rd will be announced soon) 1503, 1507 and 1510 the higher the number the worse it gets.
Source?

Reactions: Nicknsquid

So, according to you a certain version of the remote has (or will have) 1watt of EIRP (29.9dbm) transmitting in the 2.4ghz spectrum - is that what you are saying?

Reactions: Kilrah
Again we are exposed to unsubstanciated speculation and statements without any facts. I have received my X5 and am very happy with the image quality seen so far. I have no problems with the range, speed or RC power with my I1. I can achieve everything I wish to do and am legally permitted to do. For those that believe DJI, FAA or CAA are out to screw you, I suggest you sell up, go elsewhere and buy from another manufacturer.

Last edited:
anyway try it there should be a range difference
What's the difference in the a, b, c versions of the rc? I have all of them..

b has avg ~12 dBm and c has avg ~16 dBm

anyway try it out there should be a significant range difference

There have been many difference range experiences reported at times no c officially existed some seem to fly 3miles without problems some do not even make it the half - however no data about rc and Inspire version are with these statements.

After all reports I read I slightly doubt that all 658B are equal but maybe other influences made the many differences reported there is not enough data about this.

Also remember most could never use follow me on Inspire while I could use it until 1.05 firmware - and lately seen someone else admitting it also works on his Inspire undder 1.4. However reasons for this are still unknown.

So, according to you a certain version of the remote has (or will have) 1watt of EIRP (29.9dbm) transmitting in the 2.4ghz spectrum - is that what you are saying?

Its not the remote control its the Inspire 1510 and yes its slightly under 30dBm

Its not the remote its the Inspire 1510 and yes its slightly under 30dBm
Oh right - So its the INSPIRE transmitting power that will be outputting 1watt EIRP as its flying around is it? So the lightbridge will be upping its power output.
I will ask again, could you please direct us to the link/info where you acquired this?

anyway try it there should be a range difference

b has avg ~12 dBm and c has avg ~16 dBm

anyway try it out there should be a significant range difference

There have been many difference range experiences reported at times no c officially existed some seem to fly 3miles without problems some do not even make it the half - however no data about rc and Inspire version are with these statements.

After all reports I read I slightly doubt that all 658B are equal but maybe other influences made the many differences reported there is not enough data about this.

Also remember most could never use follow me on Inspire while I could use it until 1.05 firmware - and lately seen someone else admitting it also works on his Inspire undder 1.4. However reasons for this are still unknown.
I'll try when it stops raining here. Any specs on "a" version of rc? I have 2 a versions. Been using a modded rc with my Matrice, think I'll try the c rc and see how it works. Puzzled why dji has changed the specs on the Inspire to increase the range now to over 3 miles, what did dji improve?

Someone told me he has documents which say this. However I dont see the big secret and I dont have any NDA with anyone.
Puzzled why dji has changed the specs on the Inspire to increase the range now to over 3 miles, what did dji improve?

Exactly this. The 1510 plane and the 658C remote.

However I am still not sure how they trigger EU / USA. Does anyone have a RC where there is no CE sign on the backside? I do not think there exist different countryversions of the same RC.

But will it determine its location from the tablet setup or the remote GPS? I think its just the tablet setup but I have no prove for this.

Its also possible that the 658C / 1510 behave different then the 658B / 1410 here because the B / 1410 do not have different range specs for EU and USA. Anyone dig deeper on this?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the range thing, I've never let it out of my sight. As far as speed? I came across a video that was taken by a friend on my maiden flight. I was amazed how aggressively it flew. Two firmware updates later, now? Not so much.

For the record.

I still love my I1 w/ the X3 and will never consider getting an X5/X5R, OSMO, etc. Primarily because DJI has a real bad habit of released tools that in most cases are unadaptable with older gear at a :eek: pricing.

As for building other sUAS I've always been a tinkerer and realize that I can create a mission specific sUAS for less than a DJI craft.

Case and point I have both DJI flight controller (NAZA-M v2 and A2) on both of my builds. I can build the craft for a of less along with a functionality of a I1 and more.

Reactions: Eric
Someone told me he has documents which say this. However I dont see the big secret and I dont have any NDA with anyone.
OK - So I assume this "Someone" is not an R&D tech at DJI or an engineer at DJI or anyone at DJI? It's just 'someone' and you are unable to substantiate anything you have said.

If you are going to come out with statements like the one above please cite your source(s) as it only serves to cause confusion and more questions with no evidence to back it up.
Its the same as your comments regarding how DJI are secretly changing everything and mixing all the firmware up and reducing everything and taking things away etc. You post the same thing(s) over and over again all over the forum - (I notice you are doing similar over on the DJI forums as well).

You occasionally ask sensible questions (like the one about the lipo dropping in voltage etc) but then you spoil it by going on about how DJI should be stating in their manuals this that and the other, and because they do not you expect your batteries to not lose any capacity for a millennia. If you want to continue your one man crusade against DJI and uphold your beloved European Kingdom I can supply you with Frank Wangs direct email where you can take up your battle to your hearts content or I can give you an email address to their head of legal in China - then you can argue with them directly and not put everyone through the tirade of one subject posts on this forum.

Please, if you want to ask something to better your understanding of the Inspire and it's workings people will be happy to help out, however, if all you want to do is propagate poison posts about 'secret' this and 'secret' that and how DJI are covertly mixing up their firmware and introducing things under the cover of darkness then I'm afraid members attention span is going to be very short lived when spreading this kind of rubbish.

I have wasted enough time being dragged into your nonsensical postings as have others on this forum, I trust now we can move on?

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD